Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Snooker
Reload this Page Things That Make You Go Hmm !
Reply
Page 10 of 10 « First 8910
 
Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Mark Williams M.B.E, on Twitter
Old
  (#136)
church66
AzB Silver Member
church66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond repute
 
church66's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 6,844
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Scotland UK
   
Thumbs up Mark Williams M.B.E, on Twitter - 11-09-2017, 03:40 AM

https://twitter.com/markwil147/statu...69303048589312

MARK WILLIAMS M.B.E‏
@markwil147
Follow Follow @markwil147
More
How you expect to fly from china yesterday and playball day today , at least give him half a chance and put him on tomox ????
1:11 PM - 8 Nov 2017 from Wales, United Kingdom
12 Retweets 95 Likes Stuart j longKellie BarkerJeff DaviesSnookerBlog🇫🇮Joanne TurnbullSnapdragon 🎃🎃Hotel of the Yearkatty kurilinaFaii
27 replies 12 retweets 95 likes
Reply 27 Retweet 12 Like 95
New conversation
Barry Hawkins‏Verified account @TheHawk147 13h13 hours ago
More
Replying to @markwil147
Every player in next group lost in the International at least 3 days before Selby won it! 🤔
7 replies 4 retweets 24 likes
Reply 7 Retweet 4 Like 24
MARK WILLIAMS M.B.E‏ @markwil147 13h13 hours ago
More
No comment

Folks I hope you are gathering up the Twitter links !
  
Reply With Quote

Judd Trump: A shot clock could help to kill off snooker's slow coaches
Old
  (#137)
church66
AzB Silver Member
church66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond repute
 
church66's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 6,844
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Scotland UK
   
Thumbs up Judd Trump: A shot clock could help to kill off snooker's slow coaches - 12-18-2017, 03:33 PM

http://www.eurosport.com/snooker/sco...89/story.shtml
  
Reply With Quote
Snookerbacker
Old
  (#138)
church66
AzB Silver Member
church66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond repute
 
church66's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 6,844
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Scotland UK
   
Thumbs up Snookerbacker - 12-25-2017, 01:02 PM

http://www.snookerbacker.com/

Quote .

" Thanks to all readers for your company both on here and on Twitter this year. I’m not blogging as much as I used to and in the spirit of the modern game, very much ‘picking and choosing’ events to cover and to watch.

The next blog you will see on here might ruffle a few feathers. As well as eating and drinking to excess I’m spending the next week gathering and adding to evidence of the continued presence of match fixing in snooker. But let’s not ruin anyone’s Christmas.

In the meantime, be kind to animals, consider rescuing one or donating to charity that helps them, don’t bet on or visit greyhound racing and have a lovely Christmas. My favourite Christmas song of the year is featured below. "

Merry Christmas !
  
Reply With Quote
Snookerbacker : If it Ain’t Broken….
Old
  (#139)
church66
AzB Silver Member
church66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond repute
 
church66's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 6,844
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Scotland UK
   
Thumbs up Snookerbacker : If it Ain’t Broken…. - 12-29-2017, 09:03 AM

http://www.snookerbacker.com/

Quote .

" With the yuletide festivities out of the way it will soon be time again to turn our attention to the second half of a packed season on the baize. Barely a weekend will pass between now and the big one in Sheffield where there won’t be snooker of some description taking place somewhere on the planet.

The man widely held responsible for this wall to wall potting is of course, Barry Hearn, who is never short of a word or ten when it comes to promoting the sports he owns. Just a few weeks ago, he could be heard heralding snooker as ‘the envy of other sports’ in relation to the penalties being dished out to miscreants. Whether they are found to be in breach of betting rules or more rarely, if they have been caught red-handed fixing the outcome of a match or frame, you can be sure that Bazza’s bloodhounds will do their work.

Two common factors in all the cases that have been investigated by the snouts at the Integrity Unit are of course, betting and bookmakers. Invariably, where there is a suspected fix on, someone, somewhere is usually making quite a bit of money out of it. When this type of thing is detected, the bookies get straight on the Batphone to Integrity Chief Nigel Mawer and the wheels of justice start spinning into action, at varying degrees of speed, with resultant punishments following.

It is however, exceptionally rare that this happens, well, at least the punishment bit. The most recent cases where this has resulted in lengthy bans have involved Leo Fernandez, who couldn’t have been more careless in his delivery of a deliberate foul stroke to order and of course, Stephen Lee, who had a file as thick as an extra large double thick sliced loaf once they’d dug out all his various misdemeanours; handing him a career ending ban to have with his doorstep toast.

But is snooker as ruthlessly efficient in rooting out the crooks as Barry would have us believe? Well, my answer to that is no. There is still an open secret in the rank and file of the game that knows it still goes on and it is almost always in a match involving a player from either Thailand or China. It’s clear that this recurring phenomenon is also known to the governing body, why else would they confiscate mobile phones from players hailing from those regions when they arrive at venues as they have started doing recently?

I’m sure the three matches below from the last few months are not isolated incidents and they add to a growing annual list of encounters that have gone exactly to plan before them. It’s not for me to speculate who is behind these fixes, but my guess is that the players are simply obeying orders. Generally, we’d never get to know about them as the betting is limited to the backstreets and bars of the countries involved, but now and again some of this knowledge finds its way into mainstream online betting websites used in other parts of the world, usually two particular firms. Then when these moves are spotted, word spreads in the gambling community and that’s how the likes of me get to find out that the outcome of a match is preordained before a ball is struck.

Let me explain.

Exhibit A – European Masters, 4th August. Micheal Georgiou 4-1 Yu De Lu

In the above chart, the odds on Yu De Lu to win the match are on the right hand side and the eventual winner Georgiou’s are on the left. Put simply, when the odds were first compiled, the Chinese player was a fairly strong favourite to win the match. However, such was the demand for the opposite to happen that just a few hours later Georgiou was being backed at ridiculously short odds to win at Pinnacle and Marathonbet, the two firms who routinely seem to take the hit when this sort of thing goes on. Georgiou rode out a very cosy winner racing to a largely unchallenged three frame lead and landing the gamble.

Exhibit B – Indian Open, 12th September. Matt Selt 4-0 Cao Yupeng



A less significant shift in odds than the previous example but still a marked one. Selt (left hand column) started favourite for the match with recent Scottish Open runner-up Cao marginally odds against. However, as momentum built, Cao’s odds lengthened at Marathonbet and by the time it all began he had drifted a point in the match market, which is pretty rare in snooker, where bookmakers tend to take a line and stick to it. Selt completed the 4-0 victory in rather pedestrian style with just one break over 50, a 55 to be exact. Cao scored just 76 points in the match. The gamble landed again.

Exhibit C – German Masters, 21st December. Mark Joyce 5-2 Lu Haotian



This is a good one. This was what one might define as a ‘quick fix’. Pinnacle this time taking a last minute hit on a Joyce win. In the 36 minutes prior to the start of the match the money started coming in for the Walsall man and the point drift in the odds on the Chinese player kicked in in the time it takes for Fergal O’Brien to eye up a long blue. Perhaps this is the new trend eagle-eyed punters will be looking out for in 2018. The last minute quick fix again delivered the desired result, from 2-2 at the interval, it was one way traffic on their return, perhaps after Lu got his phone back.

So, are these just coincidences? Well, that of course could be argued, but they stand out from the hundreds of other matches that have been played this season already. The money being gambled at online firms is probably from odds watchers on the other side of the world from the bars in China where the whole sting is being stage managed.

It seems clear from various responses from Barry on social media that he is aware of this, he talks of ‘ongoing investigations’ but we are yet to see or hear any evidence of these or any action that is being taken, other than the confiscation of phones, which may be a case of ‘after the horse has bolted’, ‘too little too late’ etc.

Spare a thought here for Stephen Lee, however you might feel about him and what he did, he was suspended immediately following a defeat to John Higgins in the Premier League in 2012 ‘on suspicion of match fixing’ and was never allowed back on the tour from that day forward. Why aren’t we seeing similar ‘pending investigations’ in matches where the outcome has already been shared around the snooker Twitter community with eerie accuracy? Particularly where there is evidence of price drifts as above, prior to the matches in question.

The arguments as to why this happens will be repeated again but the plain fact is that unless it is tackled it will continue as it has done now for years.

To single out De Lu, Yupeng and Haotian would be unfair without also singling out Zhang Anda, Tian Pengfei, Liang Wenbo and Thepchaiya Un-Nooh all of whom have been involved in matches with similar betting patterns to the ones above in the past. That’s even before we mention those who have disappeared from the tour over the years and have gone back to the amateur game in Thailand, where I’m sure there are rich pickings to be made.

So what, if anything, can be done? I’d not go down the obvious road of again questioning snooker’s relationship with gambling, the two have always been close as it could be argued are all sports to a greater or lesser degree. Instead, I’d perhaps argue that this is an inevitable consequence of the globalisation of the sport. Unfortunately, it’s not on everyone’s cultural compass to play fair, it’s also not on your average Chinese or Thai backstreet illegal bookie’s moral compass to not issue some pretty nasty threats should they not get their way.

In the meantime, punters over here will continue to bet on matches in good faith, unaware that in some cases, the result is pre-determined many many miles away. Or you could of course just become an ‘odds watcher’ and follow the money….. "
  
Reply With Quote
Double Kiss.....
Old
  (#140)
church66
AzB Silver Member
church66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond repute
 
church66's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 6,844
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Scotland UK
   
Thumbs up Double Kiss..... - 12-29-2017, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by church66 View Post
http://www.snookerbacker.com/

Quote .

" With the yuletide festivities out of the way it will soon be time again to turn our attention to the second half of a packed season on the baize. Barely a weekend will pass between now and the big one in Sheffield where there won’t be snooker of some description taking place somewhere on the planet.

The man widely held responsible for this wall to wall potting is of course, Barry Hearn, who is never short of a word or ten when it comes to promoting the sports he owns. Just a few weeks ago, he could be heard heralding snooker as ‘the envy of other sports’ in relation to the penalties being dished out to miscreants. Whether they are found to be in breach of betting rules or more rarely, if they have been caught red-handed fixing the outcome of a match or frame, you can be sure that Bazza’s bloodhounds will do their work.



Two common factors in all the cases that have been investigated by the snouts at the Integrity Unit are of course, betting and bookmakers. Invariably, where there is a suspected fix on, someone, somewhere is usually making quite a bit of money out of it. When this type of thing is detected, the bookies get straight on the Batphone to Integrity Chief Nigel Mawer and the wheels of justice start spinning into action, at varying degrees of speed, with resultant punishments following.

It is however, exceptionally rare that this happens, well, at least the punishment bit. The most recent cases where this has resulted in lengthy bans have involved Leo Fernandez, who couldn’t have been more careless in his delivery of a deliberate foul stroke to order and of course, Stephen Lee, who had a file as thick as an extra large double thick sliced loaf once they’d dug out all his various misdemeanours; handing him a career ending ban to have with his doorstep toast.

But is snooker as ruthlessly efficient in rooting out the crooks as Barry would have us believe? Well, my answer to that is no. There is still an open secret in the rank and file of the game that knows it still goes on and it is almost always in a match involving a player from either Thailand or China. It’s clear that this recurring phenomenon is also known to the governing body, why else would they confiscate mobile phones from players hailing from those regions when they arrive at venues as they have started doing recently?

I’m sure the three matches below from the last few months are not isolated incidents and they add to a growing annual list of encounters that have gone exactly to plan before them. It’s not for me to speculate who is behind these fixes, but my guess is that the players are simply obeying orders. Generally, we’d never get to know about them as the betting is limited to the backstreets and bars of the countries involved, but now and again some of this knowledge finds its way into mainstream online betting websites used in other parts of the world, usually two particular firms. Then when these moves are spotted, word spreads in the gambling community and that’s how the likes of me get to find out that the outcome of a match is preordained before a ball is struck.

Let me explain.

Exhibit A – European Masters, 4th August. Micheal Georgiou 4-1 Yu De Lu

In the above chart, the odds on Yu De Lu to win the match are on the right hand side and the eventual winner Georgiou’s are on the left. Put simply, when the odds were first compiled, the Chinese player was a fairly strong favourite to win the match. However, such was the demand for the opposite to happen that just a few hours later Georgiou was being backed at ridiculously short odds to win at Pinnacle and Marathonbet, the two firms who routinely seem to take the hit when this sort of thing goes on. Georgiou rode out a very cosy winner racing to a largely unchallenged three frame lead and landing the gamble.

Exhibit B – Indian Open, 12th September. Matt Selt 4-0 Cao Yupeng



A less significant shift in odds than the previous example but still a marked one. Selt (left hand column) started favourite for the match with recent Scottish Open runner-up Cao marginally odds against. However, as momentum built, Cao’s odds lengthened at Marathonbet and by the time it all began he had drifted a point in the match market, which is pretty rare in snooker, where bookmakers tend to take a line and stick to it. Selt completed the 4-0 victory in rather pedestrian style with just one break over 50, a 55 to be exact. Cao scored just 76 points in the match. The gamble landed again.

Exhibit C – German Masters, 21st December. Mark Joyce 5-2 Lu Haotian



This is a good one. This was what one might define as a ‘quick fix’. Pinnacle this time taking a last minute hit on a Joyce win. In the 36 minutes prior to the start of the match the money started coming in for the Walsall man and the point drift in the odds on the Chinese player kicked in in the time it takes for Fergal O’Brien to eye up a long blue. Perhaps this is the new trend eagle-eyed punters will be looking out for in 2018. The last minute quick fix again delivered the desired result, from 2-2 at the interval, it was one way traffic on their return, perhaps after Lu got his phone back.

So, are these just coincidences? Well, that of course could be argued, but they stand out from the hundreds of other matches that have been played this season already. The money being gambled at online firms is probably from odds watchers on the other side of the world from the bars in China where the whole sting is being stage managed.

It seems clear from various responses from Barry on social media that he is aware of this, he talks of ‘ongoing investigations’ but we are yet to see or hear any evidence of these or any action that is being taken, other than the confiscation of phones, which may be a case of ‘after the horse has bolted’, ‘too little too late’ etc.

Spare a thought here for Stephen Lee, however you might feel about him and what he did, he was suspended immediately following a defeat to John Higgins in the Premier League in 2012 ‘on suspicion of match fixing’ and was never allowed back on the tour from that day forward. Why aren’t we seeing similar ‘pending investigations’ in matches where the outcome has already been shared around the snooker Twitter community with eerie accuracy? Particularly where there is evidence of price drifts as above, prior to the matches in question.

The arguments as to why this happens will be repeated again but the plain fact is that unless it is tackled it will continue as it has done now for years.

To single out De Lu, Yupeng and Haotian would be unfair without also singling out Zhang Anda, Tian Pengfei, Liang Wenbo and Thepchaiya Un-Nooh all of whom have been involved in matches with similar betting patterns to the ones above in the past. That’s even before we mention those who have disappeared from the tour over the years and have gone back to the amateur game in Thailand, where I’m sure there are rich pickings to be made.

So what, if anything, can be done? I’d not go down the obvious road of again questioning snooker’s relationship with gambling, the two have always been close as it could be argued are all sports to a greater or lesser degree. Instead, I’d perhaps argue that this is an inevitable consequence of the globalisation of the sport. Unfortunately, it’s not on everyone’s cultural compass to play fair, it’s also not on your average Chinese or Thai backstreet illegal bookie’s moral compass to not issue some pretty nasty threats should they not get their way.

In the meantime, punters over here will continue to bet on matches in good faith, unaware that in some cases, the result is pre-determined many many miles away. Or you could of course just become an ‘odds watcher’ and follow the money….. "
Double Quote .

" So, are these just coincidences? Well, that of course could be argued, but they stand out from the hundreds of other matches that have been played this season already. The money being gambled at online firms is probably from odds watchers on the other side of the world from the bars in China where the whole sting is being stage managed. "

So what's your opinions folks ?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#141)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 13,672
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Berkeley, CA
   
12-29-2017, 12:36 PM

I think that as long as the chance of getting caught and the resulting punishment is less than the advantages of arranging match outcomes, there will be problems. If all the horses in a race knew that last place would be turned into dog food, they might refuse to slow down when their jockey/trainer/owner asked them to.


Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy
  
Reply With Quote
Hi Bob !
Old
  (#142)
church66
AzB Silver Member
church66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond repute
 
church66's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 6,844
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Scotland UK
   
Thumbs up Hi Bob ! - 04-14-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
I think that as long as the chance of getting caught and the resulting punishment is less than the advantages of arranging match outcomes, there will be problems. If all the horses in a race knew that last place would be turned into dog food, they might refuse to slow down when their jockey/trainer/owner asked them to.
I've got to agree Bob .

Wait until you read the next post !
  
Reply With Quote
Snooker star Stephen Lee charged for teaching without permit at Hong Kong billiards h
Old
  (#143)
church66
AzB Silver Member
church66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond repute
 
church66's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 6,844
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Scotland UK
   
Thumbs up Snooker star Stephen Lee charged for teaching without permit at Hong Kong billiards h - 04-14-2018, 05:15 PM

Immigration raid led to arrests of British former world number five player and two others at newly opened facility in Jordan

PUBLISHED : Saturday, 14 April, 2018, 8:01pm

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/l...without-permit

Quote .

“Lee came to Hong Kong as a tourist, which means he was barred from taking any jobs regardless of whether he was paid or unpaid,” the source said. “But the authority suspected he was paid to teach people to play snooker at the premises. We also arrested the person responsible for the club and another staff member for illegal employment.”

Lee could face up to two years in jail and a fine of HK$50,000 (US$6,300).

Employing a worker illegally or without a proper work permit is punishable by a maximum sentence of three years in jail and a HK$350,000 fine.

On March 4, Au posted on his personal Facebook page that he had just opened the billiards hall involved in the case. Au could not be reached for comment.

The hall posted a message on Facebook at 10pm on Friday, saying it had been forced to close temporarily because the facility was under “emergency maintenance”.

Hmm , how much of a dumbass is Stephen Lee but on Snooker Threads people wan't to see this man with the 'Roll's Royce' cue action back playing professionally !
  
Reply With Quote
Wpbsa statement – cao yupeng and yu delu
Old
  (#144)
church66
AzB Silver Member
church66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond repute
 
church66's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 6,844
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Scotland UK
   
Thumbs up Wpbsa statement – cao yupeng and yu delu - 05-25-2018, 09:14 AM

http://www.worldsnooker.com/wpbsa-st...g-and-yu-delu/

World Snooker suspends David John, Yu Delu and Cao Yupeng over match-fixing concerns :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/44259369

Snookerbacker http://www.snookerbacker.com/


May 25, 2018
Match Fixing: Cao Yupeng, Yu De Lu and David John Suspended

Quote .

" Another one of ‘those days’ in snooker today as not one, not two, but three players have been suspended from the sport with immediate effect pending further investigation of match fixing, amongst other things.

In the case of Yu Delu, this relates to manipulating the outcome of five matches he was involved in since 2015, failing to report two approaches to fix a match, betting on snooker and failing to fully cooperate with the WPBSA enquiry.

I think in poker terms that’s known as a full house.

In the case of Cao Yupeng, this relates to manipulating the outcome of three matches in 2016 and failing to fully cooperate with the WPBSA enquiry.

I think that’s probably three aces.

In the case of David John, this relates to manipulating the outcome of matches he was involved in since 2016 and failing to fully cooperate with the WPBSA enquiry.

More of a two-pair.

You can read about the Chinese players here and about the Welsh player here. All have cases to answer and cannot compete until these are concluded, in one case at least you feel that the right to compete ever again has to be in doubt.

My understanding is that there are more investigations ongoing, so let’s hope we’re continuing to see this kind of thing eradicated from the sport. "
  
Reply With Quote
Ronnie takes on twitter about match fixing
Old
  (#145)
church66
AzB Silver Member
church66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond repute
 
church66's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 6,844
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Scotland UK
   
Thumbs up Ronnie takes on twitter about match fixing - 05-27-2018, 03:10 AM

https://ronnieo147.com/2018/05/27/ro...-match-fixing/

Please take time to read this article in full , it is brilliant and covers so much I could quote the lot in full !

It's times like this Scaramouche would've given me a debate on this subject so it's over to Bob and pt109 etc if you want a debate on gambling in Snooker etc .

What do I have to say on this ?

When Emperor Barry 'Bums On Seats' Hearn reign at the top ends please take the reigns Ronnie O'Sullivan !
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#146)
drsnooker
AzB Silver Member
drsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond reputedrsnooker has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston, TX
   
05-27-2018, 04:16 PM

Part of that is certainly true. Only a few players can make a decent living playing snooker, the rest are scraping by. In some other cases (*cough* John Higgins *cough*) it's a different story.

The flip side of essentially being sponsored by gambling sites, the seedy underbelly of that world will always try to get an edge.
  
Reply With Quote
Hi drsnooker !
Old
  (#147)
church66
AzB Silver Member
church66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond repute
 
church66's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 6,844
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Scotland UK
   
Thumbs up Hi drsnooker ! - 05-31-2018, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnooker View Post
Part of that is certainly true. Only a few players can make a decent living playing snooker, the rest are scraping by. In some other cases (*cough* John Higgins *cough*) it's a different story.

The flip side of essentially being sponsored by gambling sites, the seedy underbelly of that world will always try to get an edge.
Agreed !

Take Da' Bookie away from Sports Sponcorships and there no rush from other companies to take over .

I guess we wait to see how this saga plays out but it would be no shock if top 32 ranked players are struggling to meet costs also .
  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 10 of 10 « First 8910

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.