How would you play, Ronnie Wiseman?

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would you want a lot of weight or a little? Perhaps you would give him some weight! How many games on the wire in a race to 11 games playing 9 ball, or 7 and out? Or if you play One Pocket what would you want in weight? 10/7?
Ronnie was in New Orleans, Louisiana for a good while playing at Buffalo Billiards, the worlds pool hall. He is a very nice pro pool player.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

henho

I Beat Fidelshnitzer
Silver Member
I'd play him even races to 3 for $1000 10-ball.

Years ago at the Viking tour championships in Ohio, they were using some chalk (possibly Silver Cup, I don't remember) that the players didn't seem too fond of. Ronnie was casually watching a match with a female player (Rachel Abbink) shooting against a well-known pro, and she seemed to miscue a few times during the match which she eventually lost. Afterwards she offered to match up with Ronnie, who seemed happy to do so. Rachel ended up making out pretty nice. I was entertained seeing Ronnie watch Rachel clean the table on him when he obviously thought he had the nuts.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
From some of the things I have read on here, if I were to play Ronnie I would make him post every penny, count it twice, and check for counterfeits.

huckster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would play Ronnie even race to 1 for the dime he stiffed me out of about seven years ago

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would you want a lot of weight or a little? Perhaps you would give him some weight! How many games on the wire in a race to 11 games playing 9 ball, or 7 and out? Or if you play One Pocket what would you want in weight? 10/7?
Ronnie was in New Orleans, Louisiana for a good while playing at Buffalo Billiards, the worlds pool hall. He is a very nice pro pool player.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Ronnie Wiseman is a good action. You can win a lot if you get him down, but you can also lose a lot if you don't match up right.

Like ALL ACTION GAMES, it is imperative to get the rules down straight BEFORE the beginning of the match. As well, post the money before each game, one game at a time.

Ronnie plays all games, which is the way it used to be back in the day. His specialty, if he has one, would be one-hole. He is a very slow player, and this can be unsettling to someone who is a rhythm player or plays fast.

Ronnie is old school and practices old school etiquette. If he busts you, he'll give you a walking stick. Not all players today would even consider it.

Most -- not all -- people on this forum know Ronnie from what they read on this forum. I know Ronnie to be a gentleman and a good friend to those in need. He's helped other players with money when they were down and out, giving them a couple C-notes, so they could get on their feet when they were busted.

Ronnie is fortunate in that he can live the pool lifestyle and keep his head above water. He's a smart gambler and knows when to fold 'em. Not all gamblers understand when to quit.

I got a lot of Ronnie Wiseman pics, but this one is a cutie. How would you like to see these three action players walk into a pool room? Guaranteed action! :D

Attachments

• Keith ronnie wiseman and james walden.JPG
    Keith ronnie wiseman and james walden.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,316

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie Wiseman is a good action. You can win a lot if you get him down, but you can also lose a lot if you don't match up right.

Like ALL ACTION GAMES, it is imperative to get the rules down straight BEFORE the beginning of the match. As well, post the money before each game, one game at a time.

Ronnie plays all games, which is the way it used to be back in the day. His specialty, if he has one, would be one-hole. He is a very slow player, and this can be unsettling to someone who is a rhythm player or plays fast.

Ronnie is old school and practices old school etiquette. If he busts you, he'll give you a walking stick. Not all players today would even consider it.

Most -- not all -- people on this forum know Ronnie from what they read on this forum. I know Ronnie to be a gentleman and a good friend to those in need. He's helped other players with money when they were down and out, giving them a couple C-notes, so they could get on their feet when they were busted.

Ronnie is fortunate in that he can live the pool lifestyle and keep his head above water. He's a smart gambler and knows when to fold 'em. Not all gamblers understand when to quit.

I got a lot of Ronnie Wiseman pics, but this one is a cutie. How would you like to see these three action players walk into a pool room? Guaranteed action! :D

Hey Jam,
Ronnie and I tried to match up when he was in town for so long, and we could not match up. I would not give the weight for the 5K so we did not play. He played very well and did get a lot of action at Buffalo Billiards, the worlds pool hall.

I thank you so much for your post and the photos. I wish you would post more photos! Keith looks like he is ready for action. Now this what the thread is about. Why is doing good or trying to help people so hard to accept? You try to help people and you end up being the bad guy! Thanks again Jam. More photos please. Some of us will enjoy them.
Many Regards,
Lock N load.

BarneyCalip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why are you trying to Honor this Guy with a Post? Hymm...

Lock, why are you trying to make this guy look good, he stiffed a guy and you are condoning his actions?
This does not look good on you and your Society.
Please think before you post, Take care, Barney.

JAM, he may have been a good guy to you, but it is clearly from other posters, he has stiffed them.
Are you saying it is okay for Mr. Wiseman to stiff people?
He may have been a good guy in the old days, but it sure looks like he has changed his stripes.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lock, why are you trying to make this guy look good, he stiffed a guy and you are condoning his actions?
This does not look good on you and your Society.
Please think before you post, Take care, Barney.

JAM, he may have been a good guy to you, but it is clearly from other posters, he has stiffed them.
Are you saying it is okay for Mr. Wiseman to stiff people?
He may have been a good guy in the old days, but it sure looks like he has changed his stripes.

Let me give you a little tip, BarneyCalip. :smile:

There's always three sides to a story. If you believe everything written on this forum, then God bless you, my friend. :angel:

Some of the crap I've read on this forum is so off the mark, it's beyond belief. One day, this forum is praising a player for how much he can stack it, consider him worthy of awards and pool titles, and the next day, this same player is a pariah for a variety of reasons. Meanwhile, the player was a pariah all along, but this forum was blinded by his deep pockets. That's all I'm going to say on the matter. :p

In sum, please don't take what is written on this forum as gospel. People post that so-and-so dumped or so-and-so got stiffed or so-and-so let the other guy win. Unless you are the so-and-so, you really have no idea about what happened, right? :eek:

I am posting about the Ronnie Wiseman I know, and I think I know him a wee bit better than the majority of this forum's members. I've socialized with him, hung out on the rail, been chastised by him for speaking to the media, had my horse play against him, had my horse play partners with him, et cetera, et cetera. In every single instance of my interactions with Ronnie Wiseman, I have nothing but good things to say about him. That's my story, and I'm sticking with it. :cool:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Jam,
Ronnie and I tried to match up when he was in town for so long, and we could not match up. I would not give the weight for the 5K so we did not play. He played very well and did get a lot of action at Buffalo Billiards, the worlds pool hall.

I thank you so much for your post and the photos. I wish you would post more photos! Keith looks like he is ready for action. Now this what the thread is about. Why is doing good or trying to help people so hard to accept? You try to help people and you end up being the bad guy! Thanks again Jam. More photos please. Some of us will enjoy them.
Many Regards,
Lock N load.

I've posted this one before on the forum, but just for you, Mr. Lock N Load, this is my all-time fave of Ronnie Wiseman. He and Alex, who was living in Canada at the time, were on the road together. What a dynamic duo those two were. Picture taken at Carolinas Open in 2004, I believe, subject to check.

Man, there was some action at that tournament during the after hours. Wow! Alex and Ronnie spanked Keith and his designated breaker, right after Keith and his designated breaker spanked Keith Bennett of North Carolina. Man, you had to have been there to appreciate this. I've never had so much fun at a pool tournament before as I did at this one, win or lose. :cool:

Attachments

• Ronnie Wiseman Keith Alex Pagulayan.jpg
    Ronnie Wiseman Keith Alex Pagulayan.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,079

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another case of nobody else know's shit but she knows it all. Get's old.

I never said that. Everybody is entitled to their opinion for sure. I just think what gets old is how people post about things as if they're gospel when they have no firsthand knowledge about it. That's all, no more and no less. :smile:

You're right about one thing. It does get old responding to people like you who seem to enjoy causing hurt and/or anger in others. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe this is how you get your jollies. If so, I'm glad I can oblige. :p

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Man, there was some action at that tournament during the after hours. Wow! Alex and Ronnie spanked Keith and his designated breaker, right after Keith and his designated breaker spanked Keith Bennett of North Carolina. Man, you had to have been there to appreciate this. I've never had so much fun at a pool tournament before as I did at this one, win or lose. :cool:

Wasn't Alex, Ronnie's designated breaker (Ronnie chose one after KM wanted to play with his own secret weapon)?

IIRC, that was the same dude that was at Valley Forge, the big guy. I watched him break at VF. He did have a monster break. But, then again, 99 lbs of Alex can produce a monster break too...

Eric

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wasn't Alex, Ronnie's designated breaker (Ronnie chose one after KM wanted to play with his own secret weapon)?

IIRC, that was the same dude that was at Valley Forge, the big guy. I watched him break at VF. He did have a monster break. But, then again, 99 lbs of Alex can produce a monster break too...

Eric

That's the same guy, Eric. I guess size doesn't really matter! :D

Attachments

• Keith and Big Jerry.JPG
    Keith and Big Jerry.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 588

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
Another case of nobody else know's shit but she knows it all. Get's old.

Ya it does get old..... When people beak about someone they have no clue about.
I agree with Jam on this one. It seems that everyone knows Ronnie from what they read on this forum. I know him to be a stand up straight up guy. But of course one instance(that was never solved) and of course none of us were there,ruins a mans reputation because of a bunch of internet forum trolls that could'nt run 2 balls on a good day.

Reactions: JAM