Alex "Hurricane" Higgins

Jerry Forsyth

We have just posted a truly remarkable documentary on the life of Alex Higgins on our front page.

No matter if your passion is pool, snooker or caroms, this is worth watching. The video is on the right side of the page, titled "Alex Higgins Documentary".

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have just posted a truly remarkable documentary on the life of Alex Higgins on our front page.

No matter if your passion is pool, snooker or caroms, this is worth watching. The video is on the right side of the page, titled "Alex Higgins Documentary".

Jerry, when I click the link, it comes up as a "Stinger Jump/Break Pool Cue" advertisement. :grin-square:

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
Thanks for posting this, Jerry!

Alex was a huge influence on me as a lad growing up in Wales. I've actually been playing more Snooker lately than pool now that I found a room within 5 miles of my house.

RonnieOSullivan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's crazy to me is how he jumps up after every shot. Legend of a player though; shame the drink and smoking took such a toll.I guess that's how some eccentrics operate though.

George Fels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's the source of one of my all-time favorite quotes, from an article on snooker in The Wall Street Journal: "Me mum 'its 'er knees 'n' says 'er 'ail Marys whenever 'urricane 'iggins plays!"

Tobermory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I want to introduce non-pool people to the culture of pool, I give them two URL's. One is for this documentary about Higgins. The other is for Ronnie Allen's tribute to Harold Worst.

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
I don't post on here much anymore, but thank you for the link Jerry. I enjoyed it very much. It brings back the memories of why I have loved this game for 40 years. Thanks again.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've watched that several times... it is great video for sure about a man called "The Peoples Champion" & he was that. Alex Higgins was a great player.

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From Snooker Scene blog
ALEX HIGGINS V CLIFF THORBURN
These two enjoyed a love-hate relationship in that each loved to hate the other. ‘You’re a Canadian c*** and you can’t f***ing play, either,’ was one cheery Higgins greeting when they found themselves in the same bar. At this, Thorburn, hard as nails on and off the table, floored the Belfast man with a well aimed punch.

Thorburn recalled that this fight was broken up by others and a reconciliation attempted. ‘Eventually, as we went to shake hands, I kicked him right in the nuts,’ he said.

After losing to Thorburn in the 1986 Scottish Masters final, the clean-living Higgins alleged the Canadian had been helped by ‘little bags of white powder’ (although Thorburn was fined and suspended for cocaine use in 1988).

lee brett

www.leebrettpool.com
Silver Member

Seen it any times Jerry, one of my fav players....

Thanks for putting it up.