Cuemaker problem pics

metalcobra23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its called business buddy. If you charge someone for work expect to get hit with praise or criticism. Who the ef are you to tell me what i can and cant do with money i spent. I spent time waiting for a product that came messed up, theres a hundred other guys i could have gone to and now ide have to wait months if not years for it. Refund my ass. Youre probably the biggest ahole on yelp and other sites, acting all high and mighty here.

All I am saying is to talk with the cue maker and it will be made right. That’s it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

metalcobra23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I sent him an email telling him I was unhappy about what I received, his reaction was this:

"I was driving right now. Just send them back and I will refund you for the caps.

Edward Cohen

19437 Trentham Ave.

Cerritos, CA 90703"

Nothing more, nothing less. He refused to answer any questions after that. It could just be his attitude, more than likely his pride has been hurt because he's embarrassed about putting something out that he knows he shouldn't have.

As you said. I didn't want to drag his name through the mud. I really, really like his cues, and usually his quality and attention to detail are second to none. But between the "quality" of the work I received and his lack of giving a shit about a customer, it seemed to me like he was trying to make a point.

It would have been nice to get some type of feedback, anything except, "Yeah, I dicked you around for 6 months wasting your time and money, too bad"

I hear you. It’s a bummer it ended that way. All I was trying to say is if you call him up and see what could have been done this could have worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is EXACTLY what I sent:

"Ok. I got home a little bit ago and found my package. I was pretty excited to open it up, but was let down as soon as I did. The workmanship is absolutely horrible and not what I had come to expect from you. The cue I have of yours, and some of my friends’ cues, are perfect. These are anything but perfect. Far from it. I am definitely not happy."

Not sure where the "Aggressive tactic demanding the person drop his life" is at?

After that email I sent another one 22 minutes later when I had a chance to sit down and look at the work some more. That email was:

"So the more I’m looking at these, the more pissed off I’m getting. Had I known this is the kind of work I would get back I would have never ordered anything from you. You need to respond via email ASAP because right now I feel like I got scammed."

His response to those (or your response to those?" was:

"I was driving right now. Just send them back and I will refund you for the caps.
Edward Cohen
19437 Trentham Ave.
Cerritos, CA 90703"

Again, not sure where I threatened him, or his business, or his livelihood. All he had to do was respond with something that showed he actually cared that I, as a customer, felt like I had just been scammed. It's not really difficult. But please if you have anything to support your idea that I am stating "half truths" please share.

Also, as for not wanting to speak on the phone to, as you said "get it right" THAT'S the only "half truth" so far. Eddie DID try calling me but only after I let him know that they had been shipped back. At that point I said I preferred to keep our contact limited to email because I didn't trust that he would be returning my money. At no point did he ever "try to work with me"

He did refund my money, and for that I guess I should be grateful. Now I can spend my money on cuemakers who put their customers first.

eeeeeeek, respect goes both ways, I can't blame the guy for not going the extra mile to satisfy you, he was probably calling you to see what he could do about it. Yea the joint protectors are junk, but damn dude.

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
Was a lot of fun making Cue Caps.
Could not wait to see them completed my self..
Now that it's over..
I am glad.
Was time to move on.

CUE CAPS < RETIRED

You took it to the next level with the minimum of technology that many talented cue makers with bell and whistle tech have a hard time matching. Or maybe they just didn't wanna...thanks Alton for all you've done and contributed to the billiard community.

TommyT :thumbup2::thumbup2:

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
This is EXACTLY what I sent:

"Ok. I got home a little bit ago and found my package. I was pretty excited to open it up, but was let down as soon as I did. The workmanship is absolutely horrible and not what I had come to expect from you. The cue I have of yours, and some of my friends’ cues, are perfect. These are anything but perfect. Far from it. I am definitely not happy."

Not sure where the "Aggressive tactic demanding the person drop his life" is at?

After that email I sent another one 22 minutes later when I had a chance to sit down and look at the work some more. That email was:

"So the more I’m looking at these, the more pissed off I’m getting. Had I known this is the kind of work I would get back I would have never ordered anything from you. You need to respond via email ASAP because right now I feel like I got scammed."

His response to those (or your response to those?" was:

Edward Cohen
19437 Trentham Ave.
Cerritos, CA 90703"

Again, not sure where I threatened him, or his business, or his livelihood. All he had to do was respond with something that showed he actually cared that I, as a customer, felt like I had just been scammed. It's not really difficult. But please if you have anything to support your idea that I am stating "half truths" please share.

Also, as for not wanting to speak on the phone to, as you said "get it right" THAT'S the only "half truth" so far. Eddie DID try calling me but only after I let him know that they had been shipped back. At that point I said I preferred to keep our contact limited to email because I didn't trust that he would be returning my money. At no point did he ever "try to work with me"

He did refund my money, and for that I guess I should be grateful. Now I can spend my money on cuemakers who put their customers first.

I think you were way to aggressive with your response to Eddie...I think a more tactful approach would have helped the situation.
JMO

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
s-l400.jpg

Blue glue can fix all.
OP after posting that correspondence, I'd wanna delete this thread too, wasn't sure the message you were talking about in your email, can you tell me a specific post #?

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
This thread has gotten out of control. Mods please delete if possible.

22 posts slamming Eddie in this thread over a few hours, plus all the others in your previous thread, and now you want it to go away?

One can only imagine what you were like to work with over the past months.

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
22 posts slamming Eddie in this thread over a few hours, plus all the others in your previous thread, and now you want it to go away?

One can only imagine what you were like to work with over the past months.

You took the words out of my mouth. I had a business many years ago for 18 yrs. You can sense a problem in less than 1 minute, and always turn them away,

Gatto138

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nothing in this thread sways my opinion of Cohen cues. He’s an amazing builder, and I’m also going to send my revo to him to have the pin changed.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nothing in this thread sways my opinion of Cohen cues. He’s an amazing builder, and I’m also going to send my revo to him to have the pin changed.

Good for you. That should make the OP's problems disappear as well.