Any pool players in Wendover NV/UT???

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am moving there for the rest of the year. Last time I was there, the only pool I found was the "billiards bar" in the Wendover Nugget. It had maybe 4 bar tables. Anyone play around there?

ginsu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am moving there for the rest of the year. Last time I was there, the only pool I found was the "billiards bar" in the Wendover Nugget. It had maybe 4 bar tables. Anyone play around there?

If you go an hour and half to two hours east you will find many quality players. Mark Tad, Tommy Baker, Ace Brown and quite a few others.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Wendover

Been a few years but wendover is small,
SLC is your best bet.
Stockmans in elko puts on a tourney every thursdays night and they throw in 200.00 to the winner.
I have nailed first place every time I have entered.......................
Another sports bar in spring creek puts up 200.00 for first place every friday night.

Wells is dead dead dead twin falls might have a little action.
Last time I was in ely the top player was so pissed at me he broke his cue.
If you pass through winnemucca and want to do a set or two pm me.
MMike

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been a few years but wendover is small,
SLC is your best bet.
Stockmans in elko puts on a tourney every thursdays night and they throw in 200.00 to the winner.
I have nailed first place every time I have entered.......................
Another sports bar in spring creek puts up 200.00 for first place every friday night.

Wells is dead dead dead twin falls might have a little action.
Last time I was in ely the top player was so pissed at me he broke his cue.
If you pass through winnemucca and want to do a set or two pm me.
MMike

I appreciate the offer! I totally would stop by but I will have my wife and kids with me when I pass through. If I make any solo trips back to Tahoe I will look you up. Thanks for the reply!

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you go an hour and half to two hours east you will find many quality players. Mark Tad, Tommy Baker, Ace Brown and quite a few others.

Thanks for the reply. I probably won't do too much traveling to SLC.

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is some desolate territory out there in northern Nevada. The last time I was traveling through there from Reno to Elko, I was so worn out I didn't even have the energy to go out and look for places to shoot pool - and that rarely ever happens.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is some desolate territory out there in northern Nevada. The last time I was traveling through there from Reno to Elko, I was so worn out I didn't even have the energy to go out and look for places to shoot pool - and that rarely ever happens.

Yup, last year I worked in Wendover for a couple of months and made the drive from there to Reno probably 5-6 times. It gets longer every time! Not much going on.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Desolate

I have been thinking of moving. Too many people.

Easy-e
No problem If you get time pm me.

Drive safe

MMike

Last edited:

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MMike, I had an old acquintance named JJ who lived in this area. Is he doing OK? He was a transplant from San Diego, and a sporty player. This must've been quite a change of pace for him after living in the big city. Last I heard, he moved closer to Reno.

(sorry to hijack the thread)

Last edited:

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Jj

MMike, I had an old acquintance named JJ who lived in this area. Is he doing OK? He was a transplant from San Diego, and a sporty player. This must've been quite a change of pace for him after living in the big city. Last I heard, he moved closer to Reno.

(sorry to hijack the thread)

There is a JJ that hangs out at the diamond billiards in reno.

I do not know JJ personaly. but I have seen him shoot, and he is good.

I think he also lived in Elko for awhile.

The last time I was in diamond billiards was 18 months ago
JJ was there.

If this is the same JJ.

MMike

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
Thanks for the reply. I probably won't do too much traveling to SLC.

yes you will.

once you see the meager selection for sale in Wendover you will drive to SLC anytime you need more than milk and eggs.. and for every large purchase,

I lived there for 2 years.. this was early 90's but I drove through there 3 or 4 years ago and things haven't changed much

p.s. the best part about Wendover is the salt flats.. in late summer once the flats dry out you can take any vehicle you have and drive it as fast as it will go for as long as you want with almost no danger of hitting anything.

p.p.s. get a home on the Nevada side you want to be a Nevada resident during tax time

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I have been thinking of moving. Too many people.

Easy-e
No problem If you get time pm me.

Drive safe

MMike

You know, the way this country seems to be evolving, a double wide hidden behind a high desert hill seems better all the time...

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
Man,me and the wife went there 3 times last year. We love it . They have a gambling junket to there from Calgary.... Cheap Cheap. We will be going there probably august, I will look you up for some sets.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man,me and the wife went there 3 times last year. We love it . They have a gambling junket to there from Calgary.... Cheap Cheap. We will be going there probably august, I will look you up for some sets.

Sounds great, I should be there until thanksgiving.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes you will.

once you see the meager selection for sale in Wendover you will drive to SLC anytime you need more than milk and eggs.. and for every large purchase,

I lived there for 2 years.. this was early 90's but I drove through there 3 or 4 years ago and things haven't changed much

p.s. the best part about Wendover is the salt flats.. in late summer once the flats dry out you can take any vehicle you have and drive it as fast as it will go for as long as you want with almost no danger of hitting anything.

p.p.s. get a home on the Nevada side you want to be a Nevada resident during tax time

I hear what you are saying, I lived there for long enough to know what it's all about. Anyone who knows me knows that the one thing I hate more than a grocery store with a shitty selection is driving long distances. Besides, anytime I DO make the trip to SLC, I can guarantee that I will have at least one child with me.

Pool has kind of taken a back seat with me since I have started the family a few years ago. I still love to play, but it's rare that I can get away for very long to do it.

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a JJ that hangs out at the diamond billiards in reno.

I do not know JJ personaly. but I have seen him shoot, and he is good.

I think he also lived in Elko for awhile.

The last time I was in diamond billiards was 18 months ago
JJ was there.

If this is the same JJ.

MMike

My guess is that it's the same guy. I don't know how many good playing JJ's are out there but I can't imagne a whole lot. I understand he stopped going to Diamond Billiards for a stretch because he got into a tiff with someone. He may well be back now.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Diamond billiards

My guess is that it's the same guy. I don't know how many good playing JJ's are out there but I can't imagne a whole lot. I understand he stopped going to Diamond Billiards for a stretch because he got into a tiff with someone. He may well be back now.

I didnt hear about that, but there is always something going on in every pool hall.
I only know jj by name we really havent been introduced and I dont think I have ever talked to him.

MMike

Last edited: