Masters Chalk

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
chalk

I have a gross of silver cup pro green. I bought it because you can't see it on simonis green cloth. It is very messy. That shittt is every where in my home pool room. If you wipe your hand across the bar, you can get a line of green dust. It is inside my cue case. Some of my shirt sleeve cuffs are perminently dyed green. I don't think it works that well either.

I switched to blue diamond and never looked back. I bought a 2 pack and it has lasted me for 2 months. I play league twice a week and I play a lot at home. Great stuff. No miscues and full table draw.

Kim

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use Blue Diamond and find it to be excellent! It is simply the best chalk for so many reasons-long-lasting, applies evenly and tip hold well. It may cost more but lasts longer too. Do use a chalk holder because it will be taken if left on a table! Just my 2 cents;)

The biggest plus of using Blue Diamond is that it's very clean. I can play for an hour using Blue Diamond and my ring finger is perfectly clean with no trace of chalk - ditto for my cue shaft. Although I'm a big fan of Master's green chalk, my ring finger is pretty messy after an hour or so. I'm careful how I chalk. I hold the cuestick at an angle and wipe the chalk on. But there are times, when in the midst of a hot match, I just rub it on. My perception, when using Blue Diamond, is that I get a little more grab of the cue ball. A little more draw on the long draw shots and maybe a little more spin on the english shots.

bellmagic

Registered
I've tried just about every type of chalk out there except the new Kamui chalk, but always go back to the tan Masters. It coats well, stays on the tip well(Kamui Black hard), plays beautifully, and doesn't leave noticable residue on the cue. Most owners brush and vacuum their tables often enough that colored chalk doesn't matter. Some of them are smart enough to use gold or tan cloth anyway, because the playing surface is lit up better and doesn't show shadows even with poor lighting.

M4verick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
blue masters for me as a classic - all the pool ppl I admire use it so why the heck I shouldn't too ?

I've used Blue Diamond before but I had only 2 boxes and used them in like 6 months and then get dozen of masters.

The more darker shade of masters blue appeal to me more.

Pool247

So who Is using the new tour edition chalk that championship put out?? Not pricey at all I was thinking about ordering a pack.

Shroder

Registered
I've tried blue Master's, blue Silver cup, and Blue Diamond. I like the blue diamond so much that I got this gay chalk holder because people steal it if I leave it on a table. I don't think anything compares to Blue Diamond.

Amen! Blue diamond is the balls! i put painters tape on mine to make it stick out and ensure i keep it (cuz i can't bring myself to buy/use a chalk holder). It doesn't matter what color it is because it doesn't come off on your hands or cue.

jmhanson_21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blue Masters for me -- Masters because I think it plays best and blue because it's the best match for my Tournament Blue Simonis Cloth. Also, I only play blue chalk in pool rooms out of respect for the owners -- they have a tough enough time in this economy, they don't need people staining their tables. It's much easier to clean your shaft after you play than it is to replace the cloth on a table, IMO.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You carry your own gray/tan chalk, huh? Stands out real nice on green felt and the room owners love that. LOL I used to have tan chalk too...until I got tired of room owners threatening me. Now I don't care anyway & use whatever is laying around. I'm a chalk whore I guess.

I have had the same experience. But I don't understand why they worry about light colored chalk, but allow (even sell or provide) talcum powder.

JoeyC71176

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blue diamond for me.. Tried Predator chalk as well, the chalk is good, but the shape makes it complicated to fit well in a chalk holder, when I run out of the blue diamond I have a stash of the predator to tide me over.. The blue diamond goes on so smoothly and is real easy to put on phenolic tips (my jump cue). It makes way less mess on my hands than Masters chalk..