Consensus "Greatest of All Time" (GOAT) List

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I had Mizerak at 11 in my initial ranking, but he did not get enough first-round votes to put him in the running for the Top 10.

Regards,
Dave

No doubt In my mind that Mizerak, like Sigel and Varner, got far fewer votes because of how few who voted saw Him at his peak level.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Doc, I’d like to see this done again by games...just pool in general is a bit vague.
Good idea, but I'm done with GOAT polling for a while. It was fun, but it did take a lot of my time which is probably better spent elsewhere.

Thanks again for participating,
Dave

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Good idea, but I'm done with GOAT polling for a while. It was fun, but it did take a lot of my time which is probably better spent elsewhere.

Thanks again for participating,
Dave

I will say this about the consensus that made Efren the GOAT

A350F312-75C4-42B2-9B86-723C3914A16F.jpeg

Ronnie O’Sullivan is considered by many to be the best snooker player ever....
...but I would rather look down the cue like Efren Reyes....
...he looks like he sees a lot more than anybody else...he aims with his mind.

PS....I forget who I stole this off....but thanx

paolo2144

Registered
No doubt In my mind that Mizerak, like Sigel and Varner, got far fewer votes because of how few who voted saw Him at his peak level.

I think you are probably right. It is same here in UK many people under the age of 45 never saw Steve Davis is his prime between 1980-1990 and therefore class him below certain players playing today.

Having watched every snooker player for past 40 years i would still have peak Steve Davis in my top 5 , especially when you consider the playing conditions back then compared to super slick napless cloths of today.