Sly / harris

tommyhill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really didnt want to say anything but enough is enough. I ordered a cue from leon sly. The cue was built for me exactly to every specification, color and detail. Leon sent me pictures every step of the way and was very easy to deal with and talk to. I now have my cue and I love it.
Why is everyone so quick to believe that some cue maker is making cues for other cue makers just because he says he did. If A cuemaker is capable of making hi end cues for other cue makers why isn't he making cues under his own name and selling them himself. Furthermore if his cue shop was destroyed where is he building all these cues. If I find out that I am wrong that will be between leon and myself and in private but so far I have seen absolutely NO proof that anyone other than Leon did any work on my cue or any other cues for all that matter. This whole thing is nonsense. No proof at all just some guy saying stuff and a bunch of people jumping on the ban wagon.
Sorry for ranting but leon sly Is a great guy and a great cuemaker. I'm sure many.of you out there will reply with your own thoughts but answer me this. Where is the proof.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Glad yours worked out. He made a sneaky for me. Lousy experience dealing with him and the cue has visible flaws. Sorry I bought it.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really didnt want to say anything but enough is enough. I ordered a cue from leon sly. The cue was built for me exactly to every specification, color and detail. Leon sent me pictures every step of the way and was very easy to deal with and talk to. I now have my cue and I love it.
Why is everyone so quick to believe that some cue maker is making cues for other cue makers just because he says he did. If A cuemaker is capable of making hi end cues for other cue makers why isn't he making cues under his own name and selling them himself. Furthermore if his cue shop was destroyed where is he building all these cues. If I find out that I am wrong that will be between leon and myself and in private but so far I have seen absolutely NO proof that anyone other than Leon did any work on my cue or any other cues for all that matter. This whole thing is nonsense. No proof at all just some guy saying stuff and a bunch of people jumping on the ban wagon.
Sorry for ranting but leon sly Is a great guy and a great cuemaker. I'm sure many.of you out there will reply with your own thoughts but answer me this. Where is the proof.
Why did you start another thread about this issue? It is nice to have like posts posted together.

Then it would have been easier to quote the sly guy who wants wool over your eye.

Regardless as to who made it, if you like it, it is good.

Of course, if Harris made it...you overpaid by some measures,

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could compare EXIF data on photos he sent you during the build to other photos posted by sly/harris.

Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can't handle the proof

JQB7k.gif

Jon Manning

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have yet to see Leon Sly deny it, but don't think it really matters.

He did in the other thread.... kinda.
I’ve had a couple “difference of opinions” with Harris on here throughout the years, and he is banned at the moment, so he can’t defend himself. But, IMO he might of spent too much time in the paint booth, I don’t trust anything he says.

The posts that Sly made in the other thread has told me everything I need to know.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I didn't read the other thread but I saw what Harris wrote on Facebook. I don't think he said he physically made the cues for Leon, from what I got from his statement he said he made all the programs for Leon to run.

I have spoken and ordered from Leon and have 💯 faith that Leon made my cue himself. Leon even met me half way between our houses to hand deliver the cue to me. I have spoken to him via text and phone calls many times over the past few years and he has been nothing but great.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Great post Tommy.
I've been friends with Leon for a long time. We share picture's and shoot the breeze once in a while. I also know the history and time he has spent working on his points. There's been a few methods til his construction has become what it is now. No surprise that any Cue maker works on different methods til he's happy with the results. I also read the other thread here. At best, I find it pathetic and nothing new for this forum to consist of assumptions without proof. Why it's even still here is rediculous.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey.....saw Tommy today.....thanks for sending him the email about being able to
furnish proof that he's still awaiting whenever you cam get around to furnishing it.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good to know someone is satisfied regardless is someone else made it. At the end of the day he got what he wanted.

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good to know someone is satisfied regardless is someone else made it. At the end of the day he got what he wanted.

The guy may go off sometimes but Robert Harris can make a nice cue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommyhill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own a Harris cue and yes it is a nice cue. The Cue I got from leon sIy i have fallen in love with. All these people that say they have proof that Bob Harris built it I say show me the proof but you know what, to be perfectly honest with you i dont care I'd bigfoot built it he did a great job and I'm happy with it. Yes i would like to know if someone other than leon built my cue so if someone does have rock solid proof please let me have it if not then please stop saying you do. Thank you all

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I own a Harris cue and yes it is a nice cue. The Cue I got from leon sIy i have fallen in love with. All these people that say they have proof that Bob Harris built it I say show me the proof but you know what, to be perfectly honest with you i dont care I'd bigfoot built it he did a great job and I'm happy with it. Yes i would like to know if someone other than leon built my cue so if someone does have rock solid proof please let me have it if not then please stop saying you do. Thank you all

Sure, here is Bigfoot admitting to accepting cues from someone else. I wonder if he will sue himself. I wanted to join his Facebook group and he actively blocked me, so I guess he does not want to talk about it.

The truly sad part is that the falling out was over $300.

Rob certainly has issues, but Leon definitely paid him to build full cues, and not just "five Q's" - I will work on getting the photos we have of cues laying in the Harris shop, ready to send out for finish. I don't know about which individual cues we're done, but it is a fact that there are Harris cues with a Sly logo on them. Not plain janes, either...

A friend of mine also saw these, to the point of noticing one of these cues for sale at a dealer's table at SBE, and asked if it was a Rob Harris. The dealer, naturally, turned up his nose and said it was the cue of another maker. Odd, since we saw that cue 60 days prior with no finish on it at the Harris shop.

I think there is another maker who took the same service from Rob. Easy enough to pass this off, as Rob wrote many CNC programs for other cuemakers anyway.

FDfePwZ.jpg

If you are familiar with "cuemaker time" and how that works, you can imagine what "five" really means.

If you bought a Sly in the last 24 months, you should really get in writing that he built it for you. He's already dodged answering the question publicly, but a denial will help you if you want a refund and go to court about it

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Hey.....saw Tommy today.....thanks for sending him the email about being able to
furnish proof that he's still awaiting whenever you cam get around to furnishing it.

I know you enjoy buying knockoffs, but it is a delicate conversation. I know subtlety escapes you, just go ahead and sit down.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure, here is Bigfoot admitting to accepting cues from someone else. I wonder if he will sue himself. I wanted to join his Facebook group and he actively blocked me, so I guess he does not want to talk about it.

The truly sad part is that the falling out was over $300.

Rob certainly has issues, but Leon definitely paid him to build full cues, and not just "five Q's" - I will work on getting the photos we have of cues laying in the Harris shop, ready to send out for finish. I don't know about which individual cues we're done, but it is a fact that there are Harris cues with a Sly logo on them. Not plain janes, either...

A friend of mine also saw these, to the point of noticing one of these cues for sale at a dealer's table at SBE, and asked if it was a Rob Harris. The dealer, naturally, turned up his nose and said it was the cue of another maker. Odd, since we saw that cue 60 days prior with no finish on it at the Harris shop.

I think there is another maker who took the same service from Rob. Easy enough to pass this off, as Rob wrote many CNC programs for other cuemakers anyway.

FDfePwZ.jpg

If you are familiar with "cuemaker time" and how that works, you can imagine what "five" really means.

If you bought a Sly in the last 24 months, you should really get in writing that he built it for you. He's already dodged answering the question publicly, but a denial will help you if you want a refund and go to court about it

Well, that's pretty interesting

tommyhill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ideoligist.... thank you for posting that conversation. Although that is not rock solid proof that my cue was one of the cues in question but it certainly does make things sound a bit fishy. Bob Harris contacted me a couple of months ago and told me that he had built my cue. Of course I was caught off guard and didnt put much stock into it but now I am concerned. As I said before I am happy with my cue in fact I wouldn't want to change a thing on it but I do want to know what's going on. I sent you a description of my cue in a private message. I would like to know if you have pictures of my cue in Bob's shop.
Thank you