This 1/2 ball hit thingie

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Since I’ve never visualized a 1/2+ball hit, how do you do it?

You got the CB and the OB say 4ft from it. How do you determine it’s a 1/2 ball hit?

What’s the thought processes?

Is a Ghostball used?

deraltefritz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's no need to visualize anything. Just aim the center of the CB to the edge of the OB.

You got the CB and the OB say 4ft from it. How do you determine it’s a 1/2 ball hit?
If you want to determine whether a 1/2 ball hit will send the OB to the pocket or to a safe location etc., you can use feeling/experience, or Poolology, or maybe some other means I don't know about. Of course you must account for throw etc.

What’s the thought processes? Is a Ghostball used?
Cannot comment on those. I don't use fractions when I aim, I only use them to help me figure out the path the CB will take in some less typical situations.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There's no need to visualize anything. Just aim the center of the CB to the edge of the OB.

If you want to determine whether a 1/2 ball hit will send the OB to the pocket or to a safe location etc., you can use feeling/experience, or Poolology, or maybe some other means I don't know about. Of course you must account for throw etc.

Cannot comment on those. I don't use fractions when I aim, I only use them to help me figure out the path the CB will take in some less typical situations.

Peace sign for direction
Since duckie doesn’t believe balls have edges
The way 99% of players aim a half ball hit he refuses to accept

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member

What’s the thought processes?

Is a Ghostball used?

duckie.... Aim center CB at the OB edge. The CB seems larger than the OB but it
will be the same size at OB contact. The CENTER of the CB goes to the OB edge
but contacts the OB 1/2 way between center & edge. Both OB & rolling CB go 30*

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tennessee Tarzan

Mike Massey said...."All shots begin with a half-ball aim"
Old Tarzan used to hit 'em pretty good....for big chunks of cheese too.