Cues - it seems like more simple design is were it is at ?

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
This thread from the OP is about 'simple' cue designs. All this hoopla about wood density hardness complicates a choice of a cue.
I would hate to have to use one of these charts to decide which wood I want in a cue.
I could just imagine a few players arguing about their cues density, hardness, and what it weighs compared to water, diesel fuel, moonshine, or red clay mud.

:lmao::lmao::thumbup2:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just get a cue like one of these and go play pool.

You don't need anything fancier than what you are seeing right here.

Attachments

• 3 amigos cues.jpg
    3 amigos cues.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 197

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread from the OP is about 'simple' cue designs. All this hoopla about wood density hardness complicates a choice of a cue.
I would hate to have to use one of these charts to decide which wood I want in a cue.
I could just imagine a few players arguing about their cues density, hardness, and what it weighs compared to water, diesel fuel, moonshine, or red clay mud.

:thumbup:Right on Brother !

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just get a cue like one of these and go play pool.

You don't need anything fancier than what you are seeing right here.

Jim , Those are prefect examples and Mighty nice if I do say so myself. I bet they hit just as nice as they look !

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The thread did get a little off track.... like that's never happened here on AZ before. :rolleyes:But we did learn something didn't we? Isn't that what this forum is all about? Choice of wood is an important aspect of choosing a cue..... simple design or not.

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice. Looks like you hit the jackpot on a couple.

Agreed! Best way to win a jackpot is by only putting one quarter in the machine.

Not like those chumps who sit there pumping $500 worth of quarters into one and only getting $200 or less back out of it.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed! Best way to win a jackpot is by only putting one quarter in the machine.

Not like those chumps who sit there pumping $500 worth of quarters into one and only getting $200 or less back out of it.

How many quarters did you play?

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Rosato -
My apologies, sir.
I only know how to make simple cues,
so have to think hard about materials.
Too much to learn.

Attachments

• DSC_0056.jpg
    DSC_0056.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC_0060.jpg
    DSC_0060.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 164

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Rosato -
My apologies, sir.
I only know how to make simple cues,
so have to think hard about materials.
Too much to learn.
No apology necessary, I copied and saved the charts. I sorta enjoyed it but it's way too much for the average cue buyer to think about. Hell, choosing a tip now days is bad enough.
Nice looking cues there!

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Rosato -
Thank you for the kind words.

Hell, choosing a tip now days is bad enough

Tried many of the layered tips but had to accept i'm a mild dud kind of guy.
Keeping with simple. :) Then again, i'm really not good enough player to tell the difference. Miscue less with the MD's but that's just me.

smt