Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Billy Incardona - Short Rant
Page 1 of 23 1 2311 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Billy Incardona - Short Rant
Old
  (#1)
HereWeGo
♬♩♪♫♬♩
HereWeGo has a reputation beyond reputeHereWeGo has a reputation beyond reputeHereWeGo has a reputation beyond reputeHereWeGo has a reputation beyond reputeHereWeGo has a reputation beyond reputeHereWeGo has a reputation beyond reputeHereWeGo has a reputation beyond reputeHereWeGo has a reputation beyond reputeHereWeGo has a reputation beyond reputeHereWeGo has a reputation beyond reputeHereWeGo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

Billy Incardona - Short Rant - 07-20-2014, 12:59 PM

At the end of last nights matches Billy Incardona said something that has been bugging me this morning. He couldn't figure out how to say the Ko brothers names so he called one of them "Ping Pong." Of course he quickly tried to cover it up by saying he was just joking. Joking or not I feel it was in very poor taste and unacceptable. Here we have Team CSI trying to provide great names from across the world and the commentators can't even take the time to learn their names. It's bad enough that they don't have an understanding of the tournament format. End rant.

"I'm the best you ever seen, Fats. I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." - Fast Eddie

Old
  (#2)
banditgrrr
AzB Silver Member
banditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-20-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo View Post
At the end of last nights matches Billy Incardona said something that has been bugging me this morning. He couldn't figure out how to say the Ko brothers names so he called one of them "Ping Pong." Of course he quickly tried to cover it up by saying he was just joking. Joking or not I feel it was in very poor taste and unacceptable. Here we have Team CSI trying to provide great names from across the world and the commentators can't even take the time to learn their names. It's bad enough that they don't have an understanding of the tournament format. End rant.

Completely agree. Just because someone was a road player does not make them a good commentator by any stretch. People in the booth should be able to pronounce the players names and have a fundamental understanding of the tournament format.

Old
  (#3)
Poolplaya9
Tellin' it like it is...
Poolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800
  Send a message via AIM to Poolplaya9  
07-20-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo View Post
I couldn't agree more. If you are going to commentate for a tournament, you need to understand the format. Take the two minutes to have it explained to you and make sure you have a proper understanding before you go on air. And take the ten seconds to learn the player's name, and how to pronounce them. Write the name down spelling it the way it sounds and keep that in front of you to refer to if that is what it takes.

Old
  (#4)
Lumocolor
AzB Silver Member
Lumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-20-2014, 01:11 PM

Can't expect too much out of some commentators that are mostly in their late 70's and were raised in a time of high racism.

Some of these old timers probably think that the Ko's grandfather was responsible for pearl harbor because they're asian.

Old
  (#5)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

07-20-2014, 01:13 PM

case settled

Last edited by JoeyInCali; 07-21-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Old
  (#6)
banditgrrr
AzB Silver Member
banditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond reputebanditgrrr has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post
Can't expect too much out of some commentators that are mostly in their late 70's and were raised in a time of high racism.

No, but I would expect they place someone in the booth who speaks with something higher than what sounds like a 5th grade education. They may be legendary players but they are extremely lacking when it comes to professional commentary.

Old
  (#7)
Jim Baxter
AzB Silver Member

Jim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond reputeJim Baxter has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

07-20-2014, 01:15 PM

Maybe he thought it was funny , everyone here has some very good point , I think Billy would have like to crawl into a hole . Open mouth be fore thinking , no good . Jim

Custom Joint Protectors for Sale

Contact info Ph. 253-226-0932 Never text me ................ Email jbaxte@earthlink.net

Old
  (#8)
lost
AzB Silver Member
lost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2014, 01:15 PM

How many people paid and are watching the stream anyway? Less than 500 worldwide? Just curious

Old
  (#9)
Lumocolor
AzB Silver Member
Lumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-20-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditgrrr View Post
No, but I would expect they place someone in the booth who speaks with something higher than what sounds like a 5th grade education. They may be legendary players but they are extremely lacking when it comes to professional commentary.
I've been thinking that for a while myself but then people say that incardona and dileberto who sings songs from the 1930's on stream are the best commentators around.

Maybe there just aren't any younger guys interested in doing commentary?

Old
  (#10)
Woof Biscuit
and gravy
Woof Biscuit has a reputation beyond reputeWoof Biscuit has a reputation beyond reputeWoof Biscuit has a reputation beyond reputeWoof Biscuit has a reputation beyond reputeWoof Biscuit has a reputation beyond reputeWoof Biscuit has a reputation beyond reputeWoof Biscuit has a reputation beyond reputeWoof Biscuit has a reputation beyond reputeWoof Biscuit has a reputation beyond reputeWoof Biscuit has a reputation beyond reputeWoof Biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2014, 01:26 PM

I think everyone should grow some thicker skin. Nobody's perfect. You can't say anything anymore without offending someone.

Old
  (#11)
tduncan
Bet something...
tduncan has a reputation beyond reputetduncan has a reputation beyond reputetduncan has a reputation beyond reputetduncan has a reputation beyond reputetduncan has a reputation beyond reputetduncan has a reputation beyond reputetduncan has a reputation beyond reputetduncan has a reputation beyond reputetduncan has a reputation beyond reputetduncan has a reputation beyond reputetduncan has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
I've been thinking that for a while myself but then people say that incardona and dileberto who sings songs from the 1930's on stream are the best commentators around.

Maybe there just aren't any younger guys interested in doing commentary?
Danny D. is horrible now. Doesn't need to be anywhere near a mic. As for TAR/CSI streaming the commentary is always the only unprofessional part of it. Everything else is usually OUTSTANDING. I enjoy Justin in the booth more than most of the others.

Last edited by tduncan; 07-20-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Old
  (#12)
banditgrrr
AzB Silver Member

07-20-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Biscuit View Post
I think everyone should grow some thicker skin. Nobody's perfect. You can't say anything anymore without offending someone.
Perhaps....but we don't see other professional sports commentators making comments like "homie just made an awesome dunk" or....."that cracker is really swinging for the fences." It's not about offending someone. It's about common sense of which they seem to be lacking.

Old
  (#13)
POVPOOL
POV Pool
POVPOOL has a reputation beyond reputePOVPOOL has a reputation beyond reputePOVPOOL has a reputation beyond reputePOVPOOL has a reputation beyond reputePOVPOOL has a reputation beyond reputePOVPOOL has a reputation beyond reputePOVPOOL has a reputation beyond reputePOVPOOL has a reputation beyond reputePOVPOOL has a reputation beyond reputePOVPOOL has a reputation beyond reputePOVPOOL has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:

Some of these old timers probably think that the Ko's grandfather was responsible for pearl harbor because they're asian.
I have problems with comments on YouTube, just because one of our best commentators is black. Box! I think racism runs deeper than we think sometimes. Anyway, don't get me started.

Old
  (#14)
Woof Biscuit
and gravy
Woof Biscuit has a reputation beyond reputeWoof Biscuit has a reputation beyond reputeWoof Biscuit has a reputation beyond reputeWoof Biscuit has a reputation beyond reputeWoof Biscuit has a reputation beyond reputeWoof Biscuit has a reputation beyond reputeWoof Biscuit has a reputation beyond reputeWoof Biscuit has a reputation beyond reputeWoof Biscuit has a reputation beyond reputeWoof Biscuit has a reputation beyond reputeWoof Biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2014, 01:45 PM

Pool isn't every other sport, and I'm glad it's not. It's rough around the edges, just the way I like it. I respect your opinion though.

Old
  (#15)
MisspentYouth
Banned
MisspentYouth has a reputation beyond reputeMisspentYouth has a reputation beyond reputeMisspentYouth has a reputation beyond reputeMisspentYouth has a reputation beyond reputeMisspentYouth has a reputation beyond reputeMisspentYouth has a reputation beyond reputeMisspentYouth has a reputation beyond reputeMisspentYouth has a reputation beyond reputeMisspentYouth has a reputation beyond reputeMisspentYouth has a reputation beyond reputeMisspentYouth has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2014, 01:46 PM

I suppose I might be offended if I were addicted to my own outrage, an Asian with no sense of humor, a woman, or an assshole, but I'm not. Yes, in today's day and age, people should know that they need to be tight-lipped and paranoid so they don't offend other white people who are monitoring their every move, so I guess in that regard, Diliberto should have one of his gold stickers taken away. Other than that, maybe all you shamers should go to the store and get some beef jerky, androgel, some skoal, and a case of shut the phuck up.

Page 1 of 23 1 2311 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: