AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page Silencing diamond ball return

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Silencing diamond ball return
Old
  (#1)
Electech
on the b train again....
Electech has a reputation beyond reputeElectech has a reputation beyond reputeElectech has a reputation beyond reputeElectech has a reputation beyond reputeElectech has a reputation beyond reputeElectech has a reputation beyond reputeElectech has a reputation beyond reputeElectech has a reputation beyond reputeElectech has a reputation beyond reputeElectech has a reputation beyond reputeElectech has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 528

Silencing diamond ball return - 05-07-2017, 04:43 PM

So is their a way to silence a diamond ball return? Thinking rubber where the balls collect but what about the wedge?

9 ft diamond pro am

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing cue:Carmeli With OB+ XL classic
Break cue: BKIII
Jump cue:LOMAX

Old
  (#2)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

05-08-2017, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electech View Post
So is their a way to silence a diamond ball return? Thinking rubber where the balls collect but what about the wedge?

9 ft diamond pro am

Thanks!

How old is this table?

Old
  (#3)
Electech
on the b train again....
Electech has a reputation beyond reputeElectech has a reputation beyond reputeElectech has a reputation beyond reputeElectech has a reputation beyond reputeElectech has a reputation beyond reputeElectech has a reputation beyond reputeElectech has a reputation beyond reputeElectech has a reputation beyond reputeElectech has a reputation beyond reputeElectech has a reputation beyond reputeElectech has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2017, 08:30 AM

3 years

Old
  (#4)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
3 years

All ball contact should already be on neoprene inside the table and ball return at the foot of the table.

Cut a 0iece of carpet
Old
  (#5)
PUTT4DACA$$H
AzB Silver Member
PUTT4DACA$$H has a reputation beyond reputePUTT4DACA$$H has a reputation beyond reputePUTT4DACA$$H has a reputation beyond reputePUTT4DACA$$H has a reputation beyond reputePUTT4DACA$$H has a reputation beyond reputePUTT4DACA$$H has a reputation beyond reputePUTT4DACA$$H has a reputation beyond reputePUTT4DACA$$H has a reputation beyond reputePUTT4DACA$$H has a reputation beyond reputePUTT4DACA$$H has a reputation beyond reputePUTT4DACA$$H has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Cut a 0iece of carpet - 05-08-2017, 10:42 PM

Cut a piece of carpet... if your Proam is the kind where the balls are all funnelled to the middle and then they fall off the 6 inch drop,,cut a piece of carpet or yoga mat the same width as the ball return box and slide it all the way to towards the center of the table up against the vertical wall,so when the balls take the six inch drop they land on the padding...this will deaden the thumping sound that occurs for every ball pocketed...it works well...
Good luck,
Gordon
425:275-8255

Last edited by PUTT4DACA$$H; 05-08-2017 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Tried to fix title

Old
  (#6)
ITguy
AzB Silver Member
ITguy has a reputation beyond reputeITguy has a reputation beyond reputeITguy has a reputation beyond reputeITguy has a reputation beyond reputeITguy has a reputation beyond reputeITguy has a reputation beyond reputeITguy has a reputation beyond reputeITguy has a reputation beyond reputeITguy has a reputation beyond reputeITguy has a reputation beyond reputeITguy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-10-2017, 08:20 PM

what he said ^^^^^^

jim

Old
  (#7)
pogmothoin
AzB Gold Member
pogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond reputepogmothoin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-11-2017, 09:52 AM

I used this in the ball box of my GC. Works great and it's cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/Shop-Fox-W132.../dp/B000OQTV2I

Last edited by pogmothoin; 05-11-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Old
  (#8)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

05-11-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogmothoin View Post
I used this in the ball box of my GC. Works great and it's cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/Shop-Fox-W132.../dp/B000OQTV2I
Ball return box is already lined with neoprene from the factory.

Old
  (#9)
Electech
on the b train again....

05-11-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
All ball contact should already be on neoprene inside the table and ball return at the foot of the table.
Never realized thank you for the info!

Old
  (#10)
Electech
on the b train again....

05-11-2017, 01:36 PM

It is the one with the drop. That is where the louder sound is coming from. going to get some carpet or rubber as suggested and try. If i wake the baby up again my wife is going to sell the table!

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUTT4DACA$$H View Post
Cut a piece of carpet... if your Proam is the kind where the balls are all funnelled to the middle and then they fall off the 6 inch drop,,cut a piece of carpet or yoga mat the same width as the ball return box and slide it all the way to towards the center of the table up against the vertical wall,so when the balls take the six inch drop they land on the padding...this will deaden the thumping sound that occurs for every ball pocketed...it works well...
Good luck,
Gordon
425:275-8255

Old
  (#11)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

05-11-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
It is the one with the drop. That is where the louder sound is coming from. going to get some carpet or rubber as suggested and try. If i wake the baby up again my wife is going to sell the table!

Thank you
Hmmmm....baby.....pool table.....baby......pool table....hmmmm decisions....decisions

Old
  (#12)
gregcantrall
Center Ball
gregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond repute

05-11-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
....... If i wake the baby up again my wife is going to sell the table!

Thank you
I silence my ball return by placing a hand towel in each pocket. When my wife is napping it is dangerous to wake her. It is worth the inconvenience to avoid the meltdown.

Old
  (#13)
Electech
on the b train again....

05-11-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcantrall View Post
I silence my ball return by placing a hand towel in each pocket. When my wife is napping it is dangerous to wake her. It is worth the inconvenience to avoid the meltdown.
That isn't a bad idea!!!

Old
  (#14)
gregcantrall
Center Ball
gregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond repute

05-11-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
That isn't a bad idea!!!
Diapers would probably work too.

I have recently made some inserts to fit in each pocket. I cut up an old camping sleeping pad. When I remove them I just place them on the light.

Old
  (#15)
d_day
AzB Silver Member
d_day has a reputation beyond reputed_day has a reputation beyond reputed_day has a reputation beyond reputed_day has a reputation beyond reputed_day has a reputation beyond reputed_day has a reputation beyond reputed_day has a reputation beyond reputed_day has a reputation beyond reputed_day has a reputation beyond reputed_day has a reputation beyond reputed_day has a reputation beyond repute

05-11-2017, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcantrall View Post
Diapers would probably work too.
Just make sure they aren't used!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: