Another Pivot Variation

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I thought you didn't know much about cte.

You're absolutely right, he doesn't.
But he's been ignorantly pontificating about it for years.
When trying to learn something about CTE it's best to ignore the CTE cultists - they know less about it than anybody. LowIQ here is one of the best examples of that - ask him anything about it and watch him tapdance all around your questions ("it'll all be explained in Stan Shuffett's 50th video, due out mumblemumble").

CTE is a simple system made overly complicated to obscure the fact that it's pretty much like every other system. That dodge only seems to work on its "true believers".

Make your own judgment.

pj
chgo

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Oh, just by the way you reacted to the video. The guy was pocketing every ball but you thought it was boring.
I've seen it all before in multiple videos - I only watched it so you could be sure I wasn't misleading you.

So what do you think he's missing?
As I said, CTE doesn't use the stick-to-aimpoints alignment - it uses the CB's edge-to-aimpoints (and the CB's other edge-to-OB edge) alignments.

There are other differences, and one major similarity: both systems are "estimating guides", like every other aiming system - they don't magically "show you" where to aim, but only give you a way to get close. You have to finalize the aim yourself from experience/practice ("by feel").

All aiming systems are (obviously) like this, but CTE users deny it loudly - the source of pretty much all the arguments here (and why they don't get much respect).

pj
chgo

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is nothing like Hal Houle's/Stan Shuffett's CTE. But is close to what I've shown in this diagram: https://forums.azbilliards.com/picture.php?albumid=2260&pictureid=17887
Using a reference point on the ob, combined with a half tip offset pivot, the ob tracks a particular line as determined by the pivot angle and ob reference point. You can easily setup shots at 3 or 4 different angles and make them work, provided they are the appropriate angles for the pivots and ref points you are using. It's the countless shots that fall between these setup examples that'll take a few months (if not years) before your brain is able to tweak the ref points, pivots, and bridge lengths enough to actually get it working with any consistency.
Wrong again.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When trying to learn something about CTE it's best to ignore the CTE cultists - they know less about it than anybody. LowIQ here is one of the best examples of that - ask him anything about it and watch him tapdance all around your questions ("it'll all be explained in Stan Shuffett's 50th video, due out mumblemumble").
CTE is a simple system made overly complicated to obscure the fact that it's pretty much like every other system. That dodge only seems to work on its "true believers".
Make your own judgment.
pj
chgo
Wrong again.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen it all before in multiple videos - I only watched it so you could be sure I wasn't misleading you.
As I said, CTE doesn't use the stick-to-aimpoints alignment - it uses the CB's edge-to-aimpoints (and the CB's other edge-to-OB edge) alignments.
There are other differences, and one major similarity: both systems are "estimating guides", like every other aiming system - they don't magically "show you" where to aim, but only give you a way to get close. You have to finalize the aim yourself from experience/practice ("by feel").
All aiming systems are (obviously) like this, but CTE users deny it loudly - the source of pretty much all the arguments here (and why they don't get much respect).
pj
chgo
Wrong again.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Maybe some people are natural strokers.
But, when I'm down and I pivot the tip to the center , my elbow is not longer in the natural stroking line.
I have to move my rear end then stay on that setup.
If I don't , the stroke gets wonky.

Same with BHE.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
But, when I'm down and I pivot the tip to the center , my elbow is not longer in the natural stroking line.

Same with BHE.
I feel the same way about BHE, but when pivot-aiming it seems you could get close enough before pivoting that the pivot won't be big enough to make you move your rear end. But I don't pivot at all, so whaddaIknow?

pj
chgo

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same with BHE.
Wrong again.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wrong again.

Lol. Wrong about what? I posted that the YouTube link provided by the op is NOT Stan Shuffett's CTE. I'm 100% sure Stan would agree. Any real CTE user would also agree.

As for my own diagram, to which I provided a link, it also is NOT Stan's or Hal's CTE. It is very close, however, to what the guy is doing in the op's first post of this thread.

So, once again, what am I "wrong" about here?

This is not a CTE thread. What this guy is doing is closer to shishkabob. No CTE defenders necessary here....move along please, or post something productive or original that pertains to the op's intentions.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

Same with BHE.

I understand completely about realigning your body when using bhe to keep the stroke feeling right. A beneficial thing to do when using bhe is to pay attention to where your stroke is directed/pointed after the bhe pivot. By doing this (paying attention to where your cue is pointed), you're brain will eventually have your body automatically lining up for the english without the need to first line up straight before pivoting the bhe. You just move right into the proper stroke line that accounts for the spin you're wanting to use.

born2push

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol. Wrong about what? I posted that the YouTube link provided by the op is NOT Stan Shuffett's CTE. I'm 100% sure Stan would agree. Any real CTE user would also agree.

As for my own diagram, to which I provided a link, it also is NOT Stan's or Hal's CTE. It is very close, however, to what the guy is doing in the op's first post of this thread.

So, once again, what am I "wrong" about here?

This is not a CTE thread. What this guy is doing is closer to shishkabob. No CTE defenders necessary here....move along please, or post something productive or original that pertains to the op's intentions.
Your comment is misleading. There's no way 1 short video will totally explain everything about cte. However the video is close and did work in a simular way. It was also very effective. So many who have been cte deniers are forced to reckon with it.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Your comment is misleading. There's no way 1 short video will totally explain everything about cte. However the video is close and did work in a simular way. It was also very effective. So many who have been cte deniers are forced to reckon with it.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

The video the op linked to is just another spinoff of CTE. There is nothing misleading in saying that. The guy in the video even says it's his own interpretation of CTE.

CTE uses two reference lines between the cb and ob to get your vision on the correct ccb "perception" for the shot. From this perception you must come in half a tip pivot inside or outside of this ccb perception and then pivot back to ccb in order to arrive at a shot line. This guy simply uses one reference line between the cb and ob, and he only does inside half-tip pivots, which always thins the shot. But at least the guy does state that what he's doing is his own take on CTE and not CTE itself.

And actually there is one video that explains everything about CTE that one needs to know in order to do it in accordance with how Stan Shuffett does it (#1 below). Combine this with #2 and #3 and there is nothing else needed in order to do what Stan is doing, nothing besides a lot of table time to make it work for yourself.

#1: https://youtu.be/2KwI_62Npos

#2: https://youtu.be/4iuvQT7dwfs

#3: https://youtu.be/V8Zmhz1wWWM

It is not misleading to say that what the guy (Lil' Chris) is doing in the video is not Stan or Hal's CTE. It is, however, very similar to what's called "Shishkabob".

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The video the op linked to is just another spinoff of CTE. There is nothing misleading in saying that. The guy in the video even says it's his own interpretation of CTE.
CTE uses two reference lines between the cb and ob to get your vision on the correct ccb "perception" for the shot. From this perception you must come in half a tip pivot inside or outside of this ccb perception and then pivot back to ccb in order to arrive at a shot line. This guy simply uses one reference line between the cb and ob, and he only does inside half-tip pivots, which always thins the shot. But at least the guy does state that what he's doing is his own take on CTE and not CTE itself.
And actually there is one video that explains everything about CTE that one needs to know in order to do it in accordance with how Stan Shuffett does it (#1 below). Combine this with #2 and #3 and there is nothing else needed in order to do what Stan is doing, nothing besides a lot of table time to make it work for yourself.
#1: https://youtu.be/2KwI_62Npos
#2: https://youtu.be/4iuvQT7dwfs
#3: https://youtu.be/V8Zmhz1wWWM
It is not misleading to say that what the guy (Lil' Chris) is doing in the video is not Stan or Hal's CTE. It is, however, very similar to what's called "Shishkabob".
You have written a book about aiming for the game of pool, at least you say you wrote it.
You sell and promote the method in the book you say you invented.
You say you have thousands of satisfied customers. Good for you, successful business ventures are nice.
You have posted public videos of yourself performing your method of aiming, at least you say it is you performing in the videos.
However, you should stick to commentating on the method you say you invented since you are completely inferior and inadequate as a teacher or even a commentator about the workings of CTE.
Sorry, but you are WRONG again.
Have a good day.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
You have written a book about aiming for the game of pool, at least you say you wrote it.
You sell and promote the method in the book you say you invented.
You say you have thousands of satisfied customers. Good for you, successful business ventures are nice.
You have posted public videos of yourself performing your method of aiming, at least you say it is you performing in the videos.
However, you should stick to commentating on the method you say you invented since you are completely inferior and inadequate as a teacher or even a commentator about the workings of CTE.
Sorry, but you are WRONG again.
Have a good day.

Please refer to the YouTube clips I provided. They show Stan Shuffett doing and explaining exactly what I have described. I am not teaching CTE, just providing the info straight from Stan's own YouTube channel, his lessons not mine.

This thread is about "Another Pivot Variation". If Stan were to comment on this thread I'm 100% positive he would agree with me that what Lil' Chris is doing is not CTE. Would you be telling Stan that he's wrong also? I don't think so.

I find it amusing that some CTE gurus are so pumped for a fight that they jump on any thread that has the word "pivot" in it, especially since Stan's version of CTE (CTE Pro1) involves ZERO pivoting.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please refer to the YouTube clips I provided. They show Stan Shuffett doing and explaining exactly what I have described. I am not teaching CTE, just providing the info straight from Stan's own YouTube channel, his lessons not mine.
This thread is about "Another Pivot Vatiation". If Stan were to comment on this thread I'm 100% positive he would agree with me that what Lil' Chris is doing is not CTE. Would you be telling Stan that he's wrong also? I don't think so.
I find it amusing that some CTE gurus are so pumped for a fight that they jump on any thread that has the word "pivot" in it, especially since Stan's version of CTE (CTE Pro1) involves ZERO pivoting.
Sorry, you are wrong again.
YOU injected your ignorance of the workings of CTE into this thread with your posting #36.
Refer again to my post #38
Refer to it over and over and over.
OR...........continue, in error, to gripe about it.
Have a good day.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry, you are wrong again.
YOU injected your ignorance of the workings of CTE into this thread with your posting #36.
Refer again to my post #38
Refer to it over and over and over.
OR...........continue, in error, to gripe about it.
Have a good day.

BC21 said:
CTE uses two reference lines between the cb and ob to get your vision on the correct ccb "perception" for the shot. From this perception you must come in half a tip pivot inside or outside of this ccb perception and then pivot back to ccb in order to arrive at a shot line.

No griping from me. To each their own. But if you think the above statement is "wrong", then you obviously have no clue about Stan Shuffett's CTE method. Or I am not speaking in the correct language to explain CTE. But the videos I referenced in post 36 (mainly the #1 video) cannot be misunderstood. Stan makes it very clear that the masking tape represents the straight on view of the "fixed cb". Two visual lines get you locked onto this "perception" of the fixed cb. From here you come in 1/2 tip left of right of this fixed cb line and pivot to the final ccb for the shot line.

I am in no way downing CTE. In fact, I'm providing readers with opportunities to figure it out. Maybe you should watch Stan's videos. Here....https://www.youtube.com/user/stanandlandonshuffet. Also check this website out....http://www.billiardsthegame.com/cte-the-nuts-and-bolts-653.

There is no way you can honestly say I am wrong about this unless you believe what Stan is doing and saying in the videos is also wrong. Lol. Of course, there's also the very good possibility that you are simply saying I'm wrong for the sake of trolling.

Last edited: