Betmore's Basement

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Scott Lee said:
Awesome WBM! I'm moving in! :D :D :D My trunk will be there next week!
J/K...but I'll definitely stop in, the next time I'm through Indy!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

SL,
I'm not really sure you are up to the major league yard work my wife would assign should you move in permanently. If you decide to just visit for a while, there is always a room available for pool players passing through (frequented in the past by such notables as Danny D., Grady M., sjm, zeeder, and hopefully soon by Gene Nagy).

We've got a guest room with it's own bathroom, and nice pool table for recreation. If your travels bring you through (and you'd like to save the cost of a hotel room), feel free to "check in".

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
zeeder said:
Even though Willie didn't mention me *my game is hardly worth mentioning anyhow* I too have experienced the nirvana that is Betmore's Basement. I hope to make it back eventually!

I am, however, looking forward to watching Willie play next weekend at Bullpen Billiards in Collinsville, IL! *I'm supposed to play too but I'm sure I'll be "watching from the bleachers"!*

Z-man,
Ooopss. I forgot to add your name to the list; I'll correct the post. If I remember correctly you jumped out to a big lead on that occasion as well - I'm just going to have to buckle down and start strong.

Perhaps "nirvana" is too strong a word for "Betmore's Basement"; I prefer the term "incomparable paradise on earth." We must be accurate, after all.

P.S. - it's still a go for Billiards Bullpen; leaving here as soon as I get off work Friday. Barring one of those pesky emergencies, and considering the time change, I could be there by 3 or 4 Friday July 7th.

P.P.S. - Unfortunately, Mark will probably make wholesale changes in my stroke 5 minutes before I have to play you - therefore it would be prudent for you to expect just a tiny little bit of sharking...just in the interests of levelling the playing field. Hope you don't mind (not that it would matter, but I just like to pretend politeness).

Last edited:

ragbug74

Next NYTimes Best-Seller!
Silver Member
I'm just waiting for Breakup's first post in this thread. Since we haven't heard from him yet, I'm anticipating quite the entertaining post. We're going to have to have some side-betting on thier match in Louisville next year.

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
Williebetmore said:
Z-man,
Ooopss. I forgot to add your name to the list; I'll correct the post. If I remember correctly you jumped out to a big lead on that occasion as well - I'm just going to have to buckle down and start strong.

Perhaps "nirvana" is too strong a word for "Betmore's Basement" I prefer the term "incomparable paradise on earth." We must be accurate, after all.

P.S. - it's still a go for Billiards Bullpen; leaving here as soon as I get off work Friday. Barring one of those pesky emergencies, and considering the time change, I could be there by 3 or 4 Friday July 7th.

P.P.S. - Unfortunately, Mark will probably make wholesale changes in my stroke 5 minutes before I have to play you - therefore it would be prudent for you to expect just a tiny little bit of sharking...just in the interests of levelling the playing field. Hope you don't mind (not that it would matter, but I just like to pretend politeness).

Willie,

What's a little sharking between friends...lol? I don't get off of work until 6pm so I won't get there until somewhere around 8pm. It's possible that I might be able to get off a bit early but the earliest I'll be there is 6pm if I can leave work early.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
ragbug74 said:
I'm just waiting for Breakup's first post in this thread. Since we haven't heard from him yet, I'm anticipating quite the entertaining post. We're going to have to have some side-betting on thier match in Louisville next year.

r-bug,
Yes, we can all expect a very entertaining (albeit totally slanderous, libelous, and false) contribution from the infamous breakup (assuming his morning meds have worn off by now).

I believe the line at Harrah's has been something like 240,000:1 against breakup. I advise borrowing a couple of mil and laying it down on me - you'll clear a cool 8 bucks - it's just like stealing. But I do expect a little "jelly."

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do play that fast

Williebetmore said:
K-man,
It's pretty obvious you haven't seen satman play. At DCC the tables had the gully ball returns that made a fair amount of noise for several seconds as the balls rolled to the collection area. When satman played, the noise NEVER STOPPED. He made those freakin' balls so fast it made your head spin. You didn't even have to look at the table. As soon as the noise stopped, you knew it was time to rack 'em again.

P.S. - I'm only partially kidding.
Sometimes when I hit that gear, I do play that fast. Lately I've been working out a little harder than usual. I'm planning an attack on the BCA events in Louisville in August. I've just been playing on the 7 footers that no-one likes, {except me of course, and maybe SDKid} but I feel the difference. I'm looking forward to playing all I can the next 2 months. When I can get away for an afternoon, I'll let you know Willie. Sam

billiardbum

Listen U Might Learn!!!
Silver Member
WOW... I consider myself a friend, and live very very close...Matter of fact, I do repair work for the guy, and I have never been invited to his Basement. Feel a little left out, but maybe it is because I cannot spell Fourteen to One...Like to try it some though...LOL

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
billiardbum said:
WOW... I consider myself a friend, and live very very close...Matter of fact, I do repair work for the guy, and I have never been invited to his Basement. Feel a little left out, but maybe it is because I cannot spell Fourteen to One...Like to try it some though...LOL

BB,
OUCH!!!!!!! My bad.

In all fairness to me though, there have been numerous open invitations on the forum. You do realize, however, that I am a total spaz compared to the heavy hitters on your bar league team (though I am getting a little more respectable as time goes on).

If you have ANY interest in playing here, I would LOVE to have you over (probably about a 45 minute drive for you though). If there is any time that you will be passing through (?for work/from work?), just let me know and we'll arrange something.

P.S. - I play ALL the games...you know, 14.1, straight pool, continuous, and straights.

P.P.S. - "Betmore's Basement" is cheaper and cleaner than Airport.

P.P.P.S. - I'm coming over to your house Monday after work, I'll call first.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
P.P.S. - "Betmore's Basement" is cheaper and cleaner than Airport.

Man oh man if that ain't the understatement of the year.

PS. I know some people who have gone to Mr and Mrs. Cues recently. I refused to join them.

Last edited:

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
StraightPoolIU said:
PS. I know some people who have gone to Mr and Mrs. Cues recently. I refused to join them.

SPIU,
Lets see....drinks Wild Turkey with a ladle...bashes his friends for not going to the hardcore gambling places...takes "Rock and Roll History" while in college...prefers the smokiest, dirtiest pool halls...

the only conclusion I can come to is that you are a legend in the making. Keep it up (and come play some time).

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Is there some other way to drink Wild Turkey? Also, why take Calculus when you can take classes where you learn about the influence of The New Wave of British Heavy Metal?

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
StraightPoolIU said:
Is there some other way to drink Wild Turkey? Also, why take Calculus when you can take classes where you learn about the influence of The New Wave of British Heavy Metal?

SPIU,
Yes....I see now that you are right. There is NO WAY that freakin' calculus can help you pick up hot chicks down at the Bluebird (well, it used to be the Bluebird anyway in the "good old days"). Party on Garth.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Williebetmore said:
SPIU,
Yes....I see now that you are right. There is NO WAY that freakin' calculus can help you pick up hot chicks down at the Bluebird (well, it used to be the Bluebird anyway in the "good old days"). Party on Garth.

Oh it still is...actually why am I not there right now? I'll cya later.

breakup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well Well. I just noticed this thread and since I have kept the official rules to Betmore’s basement secret (supplied by former #1 ranked anonymous pro) I felt this was a good time to post them.

cheers

BETMORE’S BASEMENT STANDARDIZED RULES: 14.1 CONTINUOUS
6.1 OBJECT OF THE GAME
14.1 is a game that the primary purpose is to provide Willie with either an outlet to tell existing stories to some unsuspecting victim or to provide material for future embellished stories.

6.2 PLAYERS
Usually anonymous pros, anonymous road players, anonymous instructors and/or anonymous internet acquaintances this group will constitute “Guests”. Rules will be differentiated by application to “Willie” or “Guest”

6.3 BALLS USED
Special set of object balls numbered 1-15 that say “I’m the 15 ball (or whatever the number is) when struck with a cue ball.

6.4 THE RACK
Standard triangle rack worn on Willie’s belt.

6.5 SCORING
Any ball legally pocketed counts one point for the Guest shooter. Willie will score various amounts for each ball determined by Willie at random.

6.6 PENALTIES FOR FOULS
If the guest player commits a foul he/she will be subject to a story from Willie about some former #1 in the world that did nearly the same thing.

6.7 SUCCESSIVE FOUL PENALTIES
Three successive fouls will result in an entire recap of Willie’s 20 week league season.

6.8 CRYING
Willie will cry like a baby, throw tantrums and generally snivel. The guest player will be required to sympathize with his tribulations. Failure to comply will result in a foul (see above)

6.9 CUEING THE BALL
When Willie uses the wrong end of the cue the Guest must politely bring it to this attention and Willie gets a mulligan. Failure to do so is a foul.

6.10 BREAKS
Willie gets unlimited breaks to change into dry pants if he runs two balls.

6.11 MOUTH GAG
A mouth gag for Willie will be available on request.

P.S. for those that have played in Betmore's Basement have I missed any???

Last edited:

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
breakup said:
BETMORE’S BASEMENT STANDARDIZED RULES: 14.1 CONTINUOUS .....

P.S. for those that have played in Betmore's Basement have I missed any???

Well, at least, in my defense let me explain that: IT'S MY BASEMENT AND I'LL PLAY HOWEVER I WANT.

You did forget rule 11.7 = "Any opponent who admits to NOT having breakup on their IGNORE LIST will be BANNED IMMEDIATELY."

Oh, and rule 11.8 = "Any opponent who has met breakup, and failed to appropriately pelt him with food, beverage, or bodily secretions will be BANNED IMMEDIATELY."

And don't forget rule 11.9 = "Any opponent found to have wagered on breakup (against the host), will NOT be banned immediately; but rather will be referred immediately for appropriate psychiatric care (hey, I'm not completely heartless and self-absorbed).

breakup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Williebetmore said:
And don't forget rule 11.9 = "Any opponent found to have wagered on breakup (against the host), will NOT be banned immediately; but rather will be referred immediately for appropriate psychiatric care (hey, I'm not completely heartless and self-absorbed).

There won’t be enough beds in Louisville to accommodate that rule.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
breakup said:
There won’t be enough beds in Louisville to accommodate that rule.

b-man,
If there is ONE bed there, that will more than suffice.

Perhaps you need a dosage adjustment, those morning meds of yours are just not cutting it. Remember, those voices in your head are NOT real.

P.S. - I'll beat you like a drum.

breakup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always liked Purdue, they still remember you.

Attachments

• drum.jpg
    drum.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 455

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I think the people at Purdue have cornered the market on both of those things lol. I'm jk for all you boilermakers out there...well I'm at least somewhat kidding.