Brunswick Centennial

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love old commercial Brunswicks as much as anyone, but just because the price seems great doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a good deal. Most of them were ragged out in halls for 60 to 70 years and could likely cost big dollars to get back up to a good standard. Do your homework on these old tables before you buy would be my advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you assign some?

You betcha! Get on this forum and use the search function to learn about what to look for. Try to hire a mechanic who knows the old Brunswicks close to where the table is to do an inspection. Probably the best money ever spent in my opinion. If the table is taken apart then the mechanic is a must in my opinion to make sure all the parts are there and functional. The mechanic should be able to determine what work needs to be done to bring it up to todays standards. Don't forget the mechanic's directory in the "Talk to a Mechanic" forum. There is a plethora of knowledge over there.

Below are two guys who did work for me and I highly recommend them for anything to do with Brunswick Centennials, or Anniversaries.

Mark Gregory (770) 548-4292 Atlanta GA
Jack Zimmerman (812) 756-2899 Northern Indiana

Just to give you an idea of my personal experience with my Anniversary and what troubles I had. The rails had been "Stapled out" from so many cloth installations over the years, so that area was soft. The cushion profile was not right for the modern cushions (K-66 installed, instead of K-55), the rail attachment areas required work due to stripped out wood in the subrail. The pocket facing angles had been mushroomed over the years so all the down and facing angles were way off. No worries though, Mark or Jack can fix all that, but it's not cheap, nor should it be, it's pretty extensive work and probably is needed for most of these old classics that did commercial duty for so long. Oh yeah, those original slates have dowels that fit into inserts so watch out for those areas being broken, evidently it was fairly common for the mechanics back in the day to forget about those dowels and lift the slates without separating first. The result is ugly and probably will require an expensive repair or replacement of the slates.

Last edited: