Shuken Custom Supremacy Series Cue

resurrecta

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guys, I recently bought my Shuken cue from Andy Ho over ebay.
I just got the cue in today and when I unwrapped it, I couldn't have been happier. I'll try to post up some pics of my own cue in the other section soon.

Anyhow, the cue is a BEM forearm with 3 high ebony points and 3 low striped maple points. All points have additional veneers. B & C ringworks are present. It's a 3/8 x 11 joint, Southwest type. It has a black leather grip. Buttcap and joint collar are ivorine.

forearm: excellent finish on the points. They're millimeter perfect. Nice glossy finish!
Joint: joint to shaft fits solidly, also very smooth and well centered
wrap: looks great, seem is even a bit hard to detect unless you know what you're looking for.
the balance: even though the cue is 19,5 oz slightly heavier then what I'm used to, it really hits well. I don't feel like I'm dragging the extra weight. The cue moves smoothly through the objectball.
the shaft: it's not an all white shaft for the people who are into that. But the shaft hits really well. The taper comes a bit near to an MG SPTX shaft. It has that special slim taper with a 12,5 mm tip.
the tip: I don't know what tip it is. It hits well, but it's too hard for me and it makes it hard for me to dose my shots. So I'll be replacing that. What's in a tip eh? ;)

Overall, I'd give this cue a solid 4.8/5 on any cue scale. All aspects are extremely well taken care off. The only tiny detail is the tip that definately wasn't a medium.
If you need a cue around the 400 dollar range, this will beat any McDermott or Predator in that same range any day.
You can find Andy on ebay.
And here's more info on the cues:
http://shukenpoolcue.blogspot.com/

andyho1984

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got the cue in today and when I unwrapped it, I couldn't have been happier. I'll try to post up some pics of my own cue in the other section soon.

Anyhow, the cue is a BEM forearm with 3 high ebony points and 3 low striped maple points. All points have additional veneers. B & C ringworks are present. It's a 3/8 x 11 joint, Southwest type. It has a black leather grip. Buttcap and joint collar are ivorine.

forearm: excellent finish on the points. They're millimeter perfect. Nice glossy finish!
wrap: looks great, seem is even a bit hard to detect unless you know what you're looking for.
the balance: even though the cue is 19,5 oz slightly heavier then what I'm used to, it really hits well. I don't feel like I'm dragging the extra weight. The cue moves smoothly through the objectball.
the shaft: it's not an all white shaft for the people who are into that. But the shaft hits really well. The taper comes a bit near to an MG SPTX shaft. It has that special slim taper with a 12,5 mm tip.
the tip: I don't know what tip it is. It hits well, but it's too hard for me and it makes it hard for me to dose my shots. So I'll be replacing that. What's in a tip eh? ;)

Overall, I'd give this cue a solid 4.8/5 on any cue scale. All aspects are extremely well taken care off. The only tiny detail is the tip that definately wasn't a medium.
If you need a cue around the 400 dollar range, this will beat any McDermott or Predator in that same range any day.

Thank you for the best review resurrecta! Anyway i have just installed Black king tip Medium and it plays well. :) Cheers!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280823747208?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Last edited:

Lousyplayer

Registered

I've been playing with this cue for quite sometime, and like you've said everything is well taken care of. Although the shaft(12.5mm) is too small for my liking, i would say it hits really well. Anybody thinking of buying this cue from andy shouldn't hesitate, you would not regret it!