Controversy on Live Stream Finals Match

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Match between Cliff Joyner and Jeremy Jones.

I only caught the tail end of what happened but I think what happened is Cliff was told that he was "on TWO" when it was Jeremy Jones turn, and Cliff felt like the right thing to do was for Jeremy to tell Cliff that he was on TWO when it was Cliff's turn at the table.

The score was 1-1, with Cliff on -4. I forget what Jeremy had but he was on the plus side. Cliff finally raked the balls. No big argument but both players saying they felt they were in the right.

The match is on break right now for 30 minutes and will be back live shortly.

Cliff and Jeremy have been playing great one pocket all weekend long.
This is the big $1,000 entry fee tournament in Jackson, MS at the GREEN ROOM.
JoeyA

Slider

S.F. Bay Area
Silver Member
Can't hurt...

There is a school of thought which holds that it is a good idea to tell your opponent that they are on two fouls as soon as they commit the second foul.

They might commit another foul before returning to their seat, and, depending on tournament rules, it may possible for them to foul during your inning.

Ken

edit: It also reduces the possibility that you may sleep the 2-foul notification.

Last edited:

playpool2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have had this pic for many years.

Attachments

• karen corr.jpg
    karen corr.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,086

mr8ball

I have always loved this pic of her. I use to see her at a lot of tournaments and thought she was such a lovely lady.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Uh-oh. Here we go again with the debate about when we need to say "you're on two". Remember when Danny acted douchey about it at the US Open?

backplaying

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A year or two ago someone told Cory he was on two, but didn't tell him again when he came back to the table and it was ruled no three foul, because he has to tell him before he shoots again .

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://www.wpa-pool.com/web/the_rules_of_play#6.14

6.14 Three Consecutive Fouls
If a player fouls three times without making an intervening legal shot, it is a serious foul. In games scored by the rack, such as nine ball, the fouls must be in a single rack. Some games such as eight ball do not include this rule.
The referee must warn a shooter who is on two fouls when he comes to the table that he is on two fouls. Otherwise a possible third foul will be considered to be only the second.

Lucky_Lew66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah like Cliff is any gentleman playing, i watched him and Ike Runnels playing one pocket somewhere on youtube the other day, Ike is down shooting and Cliff appraoches the table to move his coin under the rail, if i was Ike i would have knocked his ass out then protested,or maybe the other way around. He caused Ike to miss his ball and it sells out to cliff,what the hell man,are there no refs or rules. Ike acted like he didnt mind,which tells me hes afraid of him or they have agreed to split before they played and didnt care. I would have knocked his ass out for that shit.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah like Cliff is any gentleman playing, i watched him and Ike Runnels playing one pocket somewhere on youtube the other day, Ike is down shooting and Cliff appraoches the table to move his coin under the rail, if i was Ike i would have knocked his ass out then protested,or maybe the other way around. He caused Ike to miss his ball and it sells out to cliff,what the hell man,are there no refs or rules. Ike acted like he didnt mind,which tells me hes afraid of him or they have agreed to split before they played and didnt care. I would have knocked his ass out for that shit.

Cliff is a gentleman player and gambler, never causes any trouble at the table. What you saw in that match was out of context. They were both doing the same thing cause it was a funny scoring game.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
We can debate all we want but here is the bottom line.

From WPA rules.

"It is the player's responsibility to be aware of all rules, regulations and schedules applying to competition. While tournament officials will make every reasonable effort to have such information readily available to all players as appropriate, the ultimate responsibility rests with the player."

Next.

Ray

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rule is and always has been you must tell them they are on 2 when it is their turn to act/shoot. If I was running the tourney, I would have ruled just like they did in the Corey d. Match not long ago. I would have had to rule in Cliffs favor.

Whether a player is a jerk or not has nothing to do with it (not saying either of these two are bad, because for the most part they are not) you rule as the rule is supposed to be used.

The WPA rules should not be used ever in the U.S. As there are no events here with the exception of the U.S. open (sometimes)