What's your favorite quote by a billiards player?

Magyar19

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a new one after just listening to the Earl/Efren 9-ball set at Steinway. Tony Robles was commentating and said one time Earl looked at him dead in the eye and said completely serious "I've never missed a shot that was my fault. It's always the table, the balls, or the equipment." :grin:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a new one after just listening to the Earl/Efren 9-ball set at Steinway. Tony Robles was commentating and said one time Earl looked at him dead in the eye and said completely serious "I've never missed a shot that was my fault. It's always the table, the balls, or the equipment." :grin:

Insanity is not a pretty thing. :sorry:

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
"Irv crane would've been the only guy to notice the horse under Lady Godiva."

-Minnesota Fats

When ever I would "freeze" my opponents ball to the bottom cushion, I would ask them, "Do you need the bridge?"

Number13cfan

Player Rick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not really a quote from a player, but an actor playing the part of a player. In the movie "The Baltimore Bullet", James Coburn turns to his protege (Bruce Boxleitner ), and tells him, "Son, I taught you everything you know, but I didn't teach you everything I know".

I've always wanted to say that to someone. Maybe one day.

r9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buddy Hall - as most know loved to go feeshing- "Let's have a feeshing ring game, dollar on the first feesh, dollar on the most feesh and a dollar on the biggest feesh"

Buddy Hall - "Why play position when you already got it"

Jose Parica to Whitey Walker - "Whitey, if I can't beat you giving up the 6 then I'll start selling newspapers"

Wide World of Sports (I think) match many moons ago ----- Mosconi says something about the ball rolling,... Fats replies, "The ball is round Willie, it has to roll."

George Ashby - "The suns out, its 75 degrees, it's a great day to play billiards."

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
there was a good one with john schidt, someone finish it if you know it
"I used to play my own but it gave me ulcers'' or something like that. sry I dont remember it right now but i found it funny st the time

BWColeman

BWC
Silver Member
Kid Delicious

Danny Basavich to the Rail after Earl Strickland,s constant complaining about Basavich's Slow Play

" Would someone Tell Earl to Slow Down all his fast playing is messing with My rythym"

cue fix

Will "MONSOON" & SEARING!
Silver Member
"If it doesn't go here, it goes there" What FATS said during a 9 ball match when he played a long bank back to the corner pocket, but it ended up hitting the end rail and back up to the other end in the corner pocket.

Redneck Jim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't remember who said it, but someone referring to Earl, said "He's crazy as a sprayed roach."

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"If you painted his heart white you could not find it in a salt shaker".

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not really a quote from a player, but an actor playing the part of a player. In the movie "The Baltimore Bullet", James Coburn turns to his protege (Bruce Boxleitner ), and tells him, "Son, I taught you everything you know, but I didn't teach you everything I know".

I've always wanted to say that to someone. Maybe one day.

I think that was originally said by Walter Brennan in an old western.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While sitting in the pool room watching Miami Vice someone comments on Crockett's Ferrari as being really cool. One of the pool players sitting there looks up and after a few seconds says "Nice car but it ain't no good, you can't sleep in it"