Pool table cushions?

Ratthead

Registered
I'm in need of advice, I know nothing about rail replacement. I recently purchased a house and the previous owner left a Fischer model 91 regent. It was an old bar box that was coin operated. I removed the felt on a dead rail and they are the original U23 rails. It appears that the sub rail is damaged, so just replacing the cushion would be useless. I'm not familiar with Fisher pool tables and was wondering if there are any rails I could buy that would fit? I've seen rail liners for K55 and K66, I'm sure there are others. I'm wondering if it's possible just to buy liners cut them to fit and glue on the cushions. I contacted a company who builds using K55 cushions and said he could build me a set of rails. I'm not sure what the advantage is going from a U23 to a K55, just looking for the easiest solution. Thanks.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I'm in need of advice, I know nothing about rail replacement. I recently purchased a house and the previous owner left a Fischer model 91 regent. It was an old bar box that was coin operated. I removed the felt on a dead rail and they are the original U23 rails. It appears that the sub rail is damaged, so just replacing the cushion would be useless. I'm not familiar with Fisher pool tables and was wondering if there are any rails I could buy that would fit? I've seen rail liners for K55 and K66, I'm sure there are others. I'm wondering if it's possible just to buy liners cut them to fit and glue on the cushions. I contacted a company who builds using K55 cushions and said he could build me a set of rails. I'm not sure what the advantage is going from a U23 to a K55, just looking for the easiest solution. Thanks.

Go with Ridgeback or Penguin rebuilt rails. k55 will play much better than u23. Good luck!

Trent from Toledo

Ratthead

Registered
I actually messaged Penguin prior to this post. I was going to have them build me rails using my old sub rails for templates. I'm a little apprehensive after reading some posts of cracked sub rails and glue failure. I not sure if the issues have been corrected, but they seem willing to help and respond to messages. I also read about Ridgeback and they seem to be what people prefer. I'm just not sure if the will build me new sub rails, I should contact them. I also thought about black diamond cushions, just need to find someone willing to build me sub rails.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Fred at Penguin has a solid reputation and his prices are more than fair. I have done business with him and his rails play good.
I would not put any expensive rubber on that table. The rails do not mount through the slate and are only going to play so/so at best even with the rebuilt rails. Just my experience with these older style tables.

Trent from Toledo

Ratthead

Registered
Thanks for your input. I play on bar boxes most of the time. I know it's not a high end table, but it was fee. If I honestly thought it wasn't worth the hassle, It would be gone. It's just my opinion but to me it plays better than most Valleys I've played on. I understand that's not saying much, but I believe it will suit my needs.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Thanks for your input. I play on bar boxes most of the time. I know it's not a high end table, but it was fee. If I honestly thought it wasn't worth the hassle, It would be gone. It's just my opinion but to me it plays better than most Valleys I've played on. I understand that's not saying much, but I believe it will suit my needs.

Get those Peguin or Ridgeback rails and you will be all good~!

Trent from Toledo