Cloth installation Question

Fatfree

Registered
Hello. We just got a pool table installed in our home tonight and the cloth installation in the pocket is done in a way I've never seen before and I'm curious if I should question the installers on it. I'm attaching a couple pictures. Its a Simonis 860 cloth. Thank you for any advice.

peKUzDQpqbcKyFuc7

vUvQqYV9x9FWYu1AA

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Typical installer type stuff

That is standard for most installers.

I think this is more appropriate :)

TFT

Attachments

• 76205024_1150970835112943_9194926575827550208_o (1).jpg
    76205024_1150970835112943_9194926575827550208_o (1).jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 291

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I would say they did a terrible job, I would be embarrassed if I turned out work like that. After researching local table mechanics and checking out how bad their work was I bought the Simonis cloth installation DVD's and learned how to cover my table. I dont have a pic of my table without the rails but you can see in this pic that the pockets look similar to
Trent's.
picture.php

Fatfree

Registered
I would say they did a terrible job, I would be embarrassed if I turned out work like that. After researching local table mechanics and checking out how bad their work was I bought the Simonis cloth installation DVD's and learned how to cover my table. I dont have a pic of my table without the rails but you can see in this pic that the pockets look similar to
Trent's.
picture.php

Looks nice, you did a good job

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Hello. We just got a pool table installed in our home tonight and the cloth installation in the pocket is done in a way I've never seen before and I'm curious if I should question the installers on it. I'm attaching a couple pictures. Its a Simonis 860 cloth. Thank you for any advice.

peKUzDQpqbcKyFuc7

vUvQqYV9x9FWYu1AA

That's pretty close to what it looks like before you put on the trim strips. I love that color, what is is?

EDIT: To be perfectly honest, they should have trimmed it like the simonis dvd suggests. It's a pretty easy fix if you have any left over cloth and do like the DVD says. Hopefully they knew how to properly stretch the cloth because they sure didn't know how to trim/finish it nicely.

Last edited:

Fatfree

Registered
Thank you boogieman. It is Dusty Pink. I do not have any extra cloth but Simonis has offered to send me some so I guess I will take them up on that offer.

Here is a picture of the whole table.
121464491_10164627409860268_1285415643907486099_o.jpg

Dartman

Silver Member
If you're up to removing the rails and leather pockets you can fix it to
look like TFT's. Since you don't have any leftover cloth from the install
then 1 piece of rail cloth and some plastic pipe hanger strap
is all you need in parts.

RUMMY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s a shame that you go out of your way to get simonis and then the installer gives you that. Here is one I did in black to add some depth to the pocket per customer request.