Bar table?

Ruark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Uh... for those of us who are utterly without clue, what is a "bar table"?

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Actually

Most Bar tables found in Pool rooms are the oversized 7 footers. The playing surface is 5.5" longer and 3.5" wider than a normal 7 footer.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Bar Table?

Most 'bar tables' r smaller than pool hall tables but that's not the main difference. It could be a 10' tabel & still be a 'bar table'. Replace 'bar' w/ 'coin'. A 'coin table' is different from a pool hall table because the cue ball has to be differnt to keep it from going where the object balls go when both of them go into the pockets. When a cue ball goes into a pocket it has to take a differeent route to get to the head of the table & not go where all the other balls go, which is locked up.This is done in several different ways. One was with what we called the mud ball. It was a larger than life ball that would not fit where the object balls would & would be re=routed to the head of the table. Others have metal in the ball and a magnetic system in the table actually pulls the ball in a different direction than the object balls. Hence, unlike a pool hall table, the coin cue ball is different in some way, bigger, heavier, or with a magnet or metal bar in them. Controlling the cue ball is completely & totally different on the 2 types of tables. So much so, that with ALL of the balls positioned exactly the same you might, no, you would have to shoot differently (if only speed wise) to get the 'exact' same position on the next ball. Believe me it is like 2 totally different games if U know how to control the cue ball. So much so, that where U might draw a ball on 'real' table U would shoot high & use 2 rails on a coin table. I hope this helps U even though it might sound unbeliveable but it's true. How else does the cue ball not go where all of the other ball go?

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Uh... for those of us who are utterly without clue, what is a "bar table"?

Don't ask Greg Sullivan of Diamond Billiards. He doesn't have a clue. Keeps telling me Diamond only makes four sizes of "pool" tables. Small (3.5 x 7), medium (4 x 8), large (4.5 x 9) and extra large (5 x 10). Must be a bar box in there somewhere :rolleyes: :eek:!

Lyn

Matt Tatum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't ask Greg Sullivan of Diamond Billiards. He doesn't have a clue. Keeps telling me Diamond only makes four sizes of "pool" tables. Small (3.5 x 7), medium (4 x 8), large (4.5 x 9) and extra large (5 x 10). Must be a bar box in there somewhere :rolleyes: :eek:!

Lyn

haha, that's a good one!!

northshoremb

Registered
Most 'bar tables' r smaller than pool hall tables but that's not the main difference. It could be a 10' tabel & still be a 'bar table'. Replace 'bar' w/ 'coin'. A 'coin table' is different from a pool hall table because the cue ball has to be differnt to keep it from going where the object balls go when both of them go into the pockets. When a cue ball goes into a pocket it has to take a differeent route to get to the head of the table & not go where all the other balls go, which is locked up.This is done in several different ways. One was with what we called the mud ball. It was a larger than life ball that would not fit where the object balls would & would be re=routed to the head of the table. Others have metal in the ball and a magnetic system in the table actually pulls the ball in a different direction than the object balls. Hence, unlike a pool hall table, the coin cue ball is different in some way, bigger, heavier, or with a magnet or metal bar in them. Controlling the cue ball is completely & totally different on the 2 types of tables. So much so, that with ALL of the balls positioned exactly the same you might, no, you would have to shoot differently (if only speed wise) to get the 'exact' same position on the next ball. Believe me it is like 2 totally different games if U know how to control the cue ball. So much so, that where U might draw a ball on 'real' table U would shoot high & use 2 rails on a coin table. I hope this helps U even though it might sound unbeliveable but it's true. How else does the cue ball not go where all of the other ball go?
But From every VNEA tourney I played and our Bar Box league we use a red circle or the Red S Aramith or Cyclops or Measles ball. I hate and never play bar Box tournies with the magnetic junk balls

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If the table is in a bar, its a bar table. ;)

" Not always....
a couple years back here on az
A guy posted a picture of 4 1/2 x 9 KLING POOL TABLE-
That he actually bought from a bar-
$$500.00-
the bar wnted to get rid of the big pool table to make room for a couple 3 1/2 x 7 bar tables