ID/ing Cue Cases with Color Coded Paracord Zipper Pulls

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I own a couple of distinctive “high end” cue cases, but the remaining ones are your generic black cue case. I have long been frustrated because I can never remember which cue is in which case -- I had to open a case and look. I have solved this problem by using small paracord to tie Solomon Bar (Two Color) paracord zipper pulls on my cases. Paracord now comes in an infinite rainbow of colors so I coordinate the colors of a pull with the colors of a cue. Now I can look at a pull and instantly know which cue is inside.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own a couple of distinctive “high end” cue cases, but the remaining ones are your generic black cue case. I have long been frustrated because I can never remember which cue is in which case --.....

I know, I have the same issue with my Ferraris, can never remember in which garage on the grounds I have what model in. The solution was to build the garages out of plexiglass and buying a helicopter. Now I just need to fly over the buildings so see what cars are inside. Sometimes you need to engineer a solution for those important issues.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
I know, I have the same issue with my Ferraris, can never remember in which garage on the grounds I have what model in. The solution was to build the garages out of plexiglass and buying a helicopter. Now I just need to fly over the buildings so see what cars are inside. Sometimes you need to engineer a solution for those important issues.

calculating for passovers to defend against photography is very challenging too.

satellites are much further away from the earth than planes.

i can relate to the detection problem,

the opposite problem is not wanting someone to easily identify certain features.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own a couple of distinctive “high end” cue cases, but the remaining ones are your generic black cue case. I have long been frustrated because I can never remember which cue is in which case -- I had to open a case and look. I have solved this problem by using small paracord to tie Solomon Bar (Two Color) paracord zipper pulls on my cases. Paracord comes in rainbow of colors so I coordinate the colors of a pull with the colors of a cue. Now I can look at a pull and instantly know which cue is inside.
I put 9 - "Rescue Orange" paracord zipper pulls on my
black JB Rugged so I would know it at a glance at the pool room.
Most everybody had a solid black case.
I could spot mine from across the room.

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
Hmm... I have a love for Tuxedo cues so I guess I'm screwed.

:)

I own a couple of distinctive “high end” cue cases, but the remaining ones are your generic black cue case. I have long been frustrated because I can never remember which cue is in which case -- I had to open a case and look. I have solved this problem by using small paracord to tie Solomon Bar (Two Color) paracord zipper pulls on my cases. Paracord comes in rainbow of colors so I coordinate the colors of a pull with the colors of a cue. Now I can look at a pull and instantly know which cue is inside.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
If this thread assists just one person, then y'all can make all the fun you want. So yuk it up and enjoy yourselves. It's mission accomplished on my end, and any incidental amusement is lagniappe -- the laughs are on me, boys.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I put 9 - "Rescue Orange" paracord zipper pulls on my
black JB Rugged so I would know it at a glance at the pool room.
Most everybody had a solid black case.
I could spot mine from across the room.

This is why I had my red/black JB done with a red pocket facing, so I can tell which one was mine.

For the cheap cost of customizing a JB case it's almost a no-brainer to get one made how you like, and you can make yours out from among the more generic designs.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
bluetooth proximity sensors are good for discrete tracking of cue cases.

you can use a bluetooth controller (phone app) to turn it on and it tells you where the cue case is.

The phone can even vibrate on intervals to let you know the cue case has not changed locations.

I thought there were more tech savvy people here.

One guy I read about is supposedly some big deal in mass produced computing devices.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can also just be careful with your equipment which costs nothing and also works better than anything else.