Pics of Mosconi's Rambows and Balabushkas

tk123456789

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been searching the internet for pics of Mosconi's Rambow and Balabushka cues. I can't find anything reliable since there are so many tributes and replicas.

In fact, there is a thread here on AZ where a guy commissioned a cue builder to make a tribute Balabushka cue. He sent the cue builder a pic of an Adams and got a tribute of an Adams cue.

I don't want that to happen if I commission a cue builder for a Rambow or Balabushka tribute.

Thanks guys.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On May 14 2011 there was an auction of Willie Mosconi's personal billiard items conducted by Hunt Auctions. They produced a detailed photo catalog for that auction. There are several detailed pics of Willie's cues in that catalog. Perhaps you can find one on the internet for sale or contact Hunt Auctions in Pennsylvania to get a copy from May 14,2011 in hard copy or on the internet. www.huntauctions.com

Phone 610 524 0822

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
In fact, there is a thread here on AZ where a guy commissioned a cue builder to make a tribute Balabushka cue. He sent the cue builder a pic of an Adams and got a tribute of an Adams cue.

That was the result of a complete know-it-all designing his own cue. If you are insufferable like him, you probably won't be capable or working with other people. Frankly, the irony is delightful.

If you are interested in doing research, you'll get lots of information. A large group of people on this site have a TON of knowledge. Send a PM if you need any focused information.

Last edited:

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That was the result of a complete know-it-all designing his own cue. If you are insufferable like him, you probably won't be capable or working with other people. Frankly, the irony is delightful.

If you are interested in doing research, you'll get let's of information. A large group of people on this site have a TON of knowledge. Send a PM if you need any focused information.

wow,
a 1 OFF ADAMS CUE :embarrassed2:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His 526 Rambow.

49704505028_3bafa99f9f_b.jpg

tk123456789

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On May 14 2011 there was an auction of Willie Mosconi's personal billiard items conducted by Hunt Auctions. They produced a detailed photo catalog for that auction. There are several detailed pics of Willie's cues in that catalog. Perhaps you can find one on the internet for sale or contact Hunt Auctions in Pennsylvania to get a copy from May 14,2011 in hard copy or on the internet. www.huntauctions.com

Phone 610 524 0822

Thanks Mike I will definitely look into this as well!

tk123456789

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you are interested in doing research, you'll get lots of information. A large group of people on this site have a TON of knowledge. Send a PM if you need any focused information.

I don't know him personally but I understand where you are coming from. Only person that says I am insufferable is my wife so I don't take it serious. Lol

I've had a few cues made for me, Tascarella, Black, Gilbert, and got along with them great.

I am definitely interested in research and I'll continue to dig until I get somewhere. This is already a great start thanks to all that have contributed!

tk123456789

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow,
a 1 OFF ADAMS CUE :embarrassed2:

Yeah I couldn't believe it either. In the end he was happy with how his cue turned out so that's cool. Funny thing for me is I have that same exact Adams cue and I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Anyway like I said he was happy so no worries.

I'm trying to do a Rambow or maybe Balabushka tribute cue, and want to make sure I am using the right pics of one of Mosconi's Rambows or Balabushkas.

I know some people don't like tributes and say they are not original designs. I really love the traditional look of those cues so I see no harm in having a cue builder make something similar. Plus if I were to get an original Rambow or Balabushka for one they are expensive and for two they don't play as well as modern cues.

Anyway like I said I appreciate all your guys insight and help.

tk123456789

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After watching that YouTube video of Denny Glenn's collection does anyone know how to get a hold of him through email?

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
These are probably the best pictures of Mosconi's Bushka you'll see. Believe they took place right before or during the Hunt Auction.

All the best,
WW

Attachments

• Willie%20Mosconi%20102000%20Balabushka%201.jpg
    Willie%20Mosconi%20102000%20Balabushka%201.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 597
  • Willie%20Mosconi%20102000%20Balabushka%202.jpg
    Willie%20Mosconi%20102000%20Balabushka%202.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 625
  • Willie%20Mosconi%20102000%20Balabushka.jpg
    Willie%20Mosconi%20102000%20Balabushka.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 618

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tell us the story...

I was in Vegas for Mosconi Cup in December and a couple friends of mine got an invite to view the Denny Glenn Collection. I was fortunate enough to tag along.

49707823276_559947a3b6_b.jpg

Last edited:

tk123456789

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was in Vegas for Mosconi Cup in December and a couple friends of mine got an invite to view the Denny Collection. I was fortunate enough to tag along.

49707823276_559947a3b6_b.jpg

Any chance you can PM his email? I just want to ask if he has some of Rambow's cues that Mosconi played with so I can see some pics of them.

tk123456789

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After thinking about it I'd probably commission a cue builder for a Rambow tribute and one that Mosconi had. If we can focus on Rambow's owned by Mosconi that would be great.

That pic of the Rambow he ran 526 with is amazing.