Jackpot Cue

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keith McCready received a Jackpot Cue yesterday, and what a surprise! I did not tell him it was coming, so he was really happy to receive this cue.

He couldn't wait to open the Postal Priority package to see what was inside, and as soon as he did, he screwed the shaft with the butt and started stroking it. ["Screw," "shaft," "butt," and "stroking." I'm glad y'all know what I'm talking about because these words are unusual for mainstream America.] :eek:

Keith said the cue feels great in his hands, and he really likes the smooth shafts. When he said this about the smooth shafts, I said, "Keith, come on, man. All shafts are smooth." And he said, "No, they're not. Absolutely, not all shafts are smooth." I didn't know that.

He also mentioned he liked the shape of the shaft, the width, but best of all for him, he said the forward balance is perfect. He can't wait to get out there and hit some balls.

I can tell you this about a pool player, a pool player who's really a full-time pool player, and what he knows and does best is play pool their entire life. It really doesn't matter where the pool cue came from or who made it or what kind of maple is being used. It's all about the hit, the infamous hit, and how the cue plays.

I'll be reporting back in this thread after Keith goes out and hits some balls with the Jackpot Cue along with photos. He needs to get a haircut first. He's sporting the COVID-19 hairdo right now.

Just thought I'd share the news. :)

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I've never heard of these Jackpot cues, what is the story behind them. Are there other reports of people being excited about them that I could read?

Sent from the future.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I've never heard of these Jackpot cues, what is the story behind them. Are there other reports of people being excited about them that I could read?

Sent from the future.

"Excited about them" <<----------AHAHAHHAHAHAHHA.....I see what you are doing here and I am in support!

The story is more like a SAGA!! That $600 Schmelke better be nice! The guy gets caught in LIE after LIE and still is trying to sell stuff on here. Call it "knocking" or what ever you want Deanoc, I call it reality!

TFT

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is what we've all come here to see and we're not getting disappointed, it's a real barn burner folks, rounding the last turn it's Gratuitous battling it out with In Your Face, but wait, Laughable is making a move on the outside, now Lettuce is sprinting and has him by a head and Tomato is trying to ketch-up but looks to be getting all bottled up...!!!

And down the stretch they come and it now appears to be a two horse race, it's Gratuitous, it's Laughable, Gratuitous, now Laughable it's a photo finish, we have a photo finish folks, Laughable and Gratuitous just unbelievable.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sent from the future.

The way I saw it was they are cues made by Schmelke and passed off as being custom made by Jack Potter for $600.00.
Same cue directly from Schmelke would be about $200
I have a real Schmelke cue that cost $232 and its fancier then the Jackpot cues.
With that being said I think Schmelke makes a fine cue for a very reasonable price.

If I got anything wrong here people feel free to correct it.

drv4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I must have missed something on the forum, have no idea what is going on.

Edit: Never mind, just read measureman’s post.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
The way I saw it was they are cues made by Schmelke and passed off as being custom made by Jack Potter for $600.00.
Same cue directly from Schmelke would be about $200
I have a real Schmelke cue that cost $232 and its fancier then the Jackpot cues.
With that being said I think Schmelke makes a fine cue for a very reasonable price.

If I got anything wrong here people feel free to correct it.

Cannot forget the marketing blitzkrieg spamming multiple forums, highjacking threads and snaking PMs.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Keith McCready received a Jackpot Cue yesterday, and what a surprise! I did not tell him it was coming, so he was really happy to receive this cue.

He couldn't wait to open the Postal Priority package to see what was inside, and as soon as he did, he screwed the shaft with the butt and started stroking it. ["Screw," "shaft," "butt," and "stroking." I'm glad y'all know what I'm talking about because these words are unusual for mainstream America.] :eek:

Keith said the cue feels great in his hands, and he really likes the smooth shafts. When he said this about the smooth shafts, I said, "Keith, come on, man. All shafts are smooth." And he said, "No, they're not. Absolutely, not all shafts are smooth." I didn't know that.

He also mentioned he liked the shape of the shaft, the width, but best of all for him, he said the forward balance is perfect. He can't wait to get out there and hit some balls.

I can tell you this about a pool player, a pool player who's really a full-time pool player, and what he knows and does best is play pool their entire life. It really doesn't matter where the pool cue came from or who made it or what kind of maple is being used. It's all about the hit, the infamous hit, and how the cue plays.

I'll be reporting back in this thread after Keith goes out and hits some balls with the Jackpot Cue along with photos. He needs to get a haircut first. He's sporting the COVID-19 hairdo right now.

I was going to compliment the gift and leave it at that, but then this read like another ad.

Going on about the shaft smoothness? I had one in my hands, and I can tell you they need some sanding and a beeswax treatment.

The shape of the shaft? Reads like Dean handed you a script to talk up the ultra-stubby taper.

Knocking people who were offended by saying "a real pool player doesn't care who made it" is disgraceful. Go to NPR with that mindset, thanks.

Are you so out of touch with the world today that you would shame others instead of just saying "Dean sent Keith a cue to try, it's pretty nice"?? That would have been nice of you, not the shameless pandering that it comes off as.

Dean thinks we're all idiots and that if a cue screws together it is worth $500. Thanks for confirming that, JAM

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If we see a photo of Keith holding the Jackpot cue and he is smiling or maybe giving thumbs up,
perhaps that will keep this thread from turning into a Deja Vu series of posts criticizing Deanoc.
If Keith seems truly pleased with the cue, that’s a strong endorsement as far as I’m concerned.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Being honest Jam, and having seen Keith play back in the day when we did not have Wi-Fi, Smart Phones, it was Keith's skill & ability that made him a great player, not the Cue in his hand.

IMHO if you gave Keith a Boomstick with LePro Tip he could still play kick ass pool.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was going to compliment the gift and leave it at that, but then this read like another ad.

Going on about the shaft smoothness? I had one in my hands, and I can tell you they need some sanding and a beeswax treatment.

The shape of the shaft? Reads like Dean handed you a script to talk up the ultra-stubby taper.

Knocking people who were offended by saying "a real pool player doesn't care who made it" is disgraceful. Go to NPR with that mindset, thanks.

Are you so out of touch with the world today that you would shame others instead of just saying "Dean sent Keith a cue to try, it's pretty nice"?? That would have been nice of you, not the shameless pandering that it comes off as.

Dean thinks we're all idiots and that if a cue screws together it is worth $500. Thanks for confirming that, JAM

How dare you dissect my words to mean what you want them to mean. Who the heck do you think you are? :angry:

I have every right to relay Keith's words on this forum verbatim, and I did that. Deanoc wrote to me a long time ago that he wanted to get Keith's take on this "Jackpot Cue." I didn't think anything of it, though, as time passed by. Then out of the blue, a few days ago, he asked for our address, and 2 days later, we received the package.

Keith did, indeed, say those exact words about the shaft. Maybe you need to get your rough hands sanded so you know what smooth feels like.

My statement about a "real pool player" was not meant to insult anyone. It was meant to say Keith has expertise on pool cues as he plays pool many more hours than most. You can interpret this as an insult if you like, but it wasn't meant to be.

Why don't you shove it where the sun don't shine, ideologist? Now, that's an insult, just so you know.

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If we see a photo of Keith holding the Jackpot cue and he is smiling or maybe giving thumbs up,
perhaps that will keep this thread from turning into a Deja Vu series of posts criticizing Deanoc.
If Keith seems truly pleased with the cue, that’s a strong endorsement as far as I’m concerned.

Photos coming. His hair looks like sh*t right now because of no barber shops being open. Maybe I can put a hat on him and get a photo.

I am sorry I created this thread now. The cue was a gift, and I thought it was very generous. I created this thread to show my appreciation, not to get into a back-and-forth with a bunch of AzBilliard lobsters.