Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Real offer? or Rick S. just blowing smoke? Where is Rick S.
Page 9 of 12 « First 789 1011 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#121)
TX Poolnut
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
TX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-22-2014, 05:01 PM

. . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-. . . . . . . . . .``~.,*
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .-.,*
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :,*
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,*
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}*
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}*
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:. . . ./*
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./*
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./*
. . . . . . /(_. . ~,_. . . ..~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/*
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .=,_. . . .-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~; /. .. .}*
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .=-._. . .;,,./`. . / . . . ./. .. ../*
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../*
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-*
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\*
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__*
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\*
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\*
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__*
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``*
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\.

Old
  (#122)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
07-22-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolplaya9 View Post
In all fairness it was crap starting with your very first post. It didn't go to crap, it started there. I have defended you against unwarranted attack, but you have to admit starting a thread wanting someone to pay an entry fee over a comment that is years old and that was never even an offer to begin with probably wasn't the greatest use of logic on your part either there.
Entry fee, nothing...he changed the offer to a donation to the charity of his choosing.

Old
  (#123)
carolina_8ball
AzB Silver Member
carolina_8ball has a reputation beyond reputecarolina_8ball has a reputation beyond reputecarolina_8ball has a reputation beyond reputecarolina_8ball has a reputation beyond reputecarolina_8ball has a reputation beyond reputecarolina_8ball has a reputation beyond reputecarolina_8ball has a reputation beyond reputecarolina_8ball has a reputation beyond reputecarolina_8ball has a reputation beyond reputecarolina_8ball has a reputation beyond reputecarolina_8ball has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2014, 05:18 PM

Soooooo...... I have read and read and read and read.... and read some more; the question is, are you gonna play 1 pocket or play on your computer? Sounds to me like the offer expired about the time the world ended back in December 2012!

Old
  (#124)
Poolplaya9
Tellin' it like it is...
Poolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800
  Send a message via AIM to Poolplaya9  
07-22-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
But over charging what the reasonable and customary rate for something so simple... accident scene photos, because you suspect there might be a lawsuit, and you might be able to squeeze more money out of them because your a parasite...... then have at it.
Well we all know now it was a totally different situation that what was initially reported. But even based on what was initially reported, where did you get your idea from that he was charging more than the "normal" market rate? It sounds to me like you just totally assumed that for no reason. For all we knew, the widow was trying to get the photos for free, or for $5.

And even if he was (which you had no reason to believe) he can charge ten billion dollars per photo if he wants to. If you don't want the photos at that price, then don't buy them. Simple. You act like you are entitled to things at certain prices (that you have to agree with), like that is your God given right or a right provided to you by the Constitution. It isn't. People have the right to charge what they want for their goods and services, and people have the right to choose to buy them or not buy them. Those are your rights.

Last edited by Poolplaya9; 07-22-2014 at 06:41 PM.

Old
  (#125)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Well we all know now it was a totally different situation that what was initially reported. But even based on what was initially reported, where did you get your idea from that he was charging more than the "normal" market rate? It sounds to me like you just totally assumed that for no reason. For all we knew, the widow was trying to get the photos for free, or for $5.

And even if he was (which you had no reason to believe) he can charge ten billion dollars per photo if he wants to. If you don't want the photos at that price, then don't buy them. Simple. You act like you are entitled to things at certain prices (that you have to agree with), like that is your God given right or a right provided to you by the Constitution. It isn't. People have the right to charge what they want for their goods and services, and people have the right to choose to buy them or not buy them. Those are your rights.
Thank you Captain Obvious..... I don't care what he charges...and yes, someone mentioned they were being held for "ransom" thus where I got the info that he was charging more than the standard rate.... but if someone over charges for simple photos from an accident to take a cut of some widows benefits, I'm going to call them a scumbag.....you don't have to like it..... the world is filled with them.. get use to it.

Old
  (#126)
Poolplaya9
Tellin' it like it is...
Poolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Thank you Captain Obvious..... I don't care what he charges...and yes, someone mentioned they were being held for "ransom" thus where I got the info that he was charging more than the standard rate.... but if someone over charges for simple photos from an accident to take a cut of some widows benefits, I'm going to call them a scumbag.....you don't have to like it..... the world is filled with them.. get use to it.
You obviously did care what he was charging as you made a big deal about it. Unless someone is forcing others to buy a product or service through the threat of death with a gun literally to their head, the only person you can possibly see as a scumbag is the person that would want to deny them of their right to sell their product or service at whatever price they wanted to.

Old
  (#127)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
You obviously did care what he was charging as you made a big deal about it. Unless someone is forcing others to buy a product or service through the threat of death with a gun literally to their head, the only person you can possibly see as a scumbag is the person that would want to deny them of their right to sell their product or service at whatever price they wanted to.
Nope. I'm free to choose who I think is scumbag and who is not.... have a great night.

Old
  (#128)
Poolplaya9
Tellin' it like it is...

07-22-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Nope. I'm free to choose who I think is scumbag and who is not.... have a great night.
There is a big difference between thinking it is kind of crappy, verses wanting to actually somehow regulate or control what they charge. I can totally get that you might see it as crappy if someone were intentionally overcharging someone just because they thought they had them in a bind and I would even agree with that sentiment to an extent (although there was no reason to ever believe that to be the case here). Such feelings are fine. But as soon as you start wanting to actually regulate or dictate what someone can charge, it makes you a scumbag orders of magnitude greater than they ever were. Hopefully you just thought he was a crappy person and didn't actually want to control or dictate what he could charge for his own items, but it sure didn't sound that way...

Old
  (#129)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Poolnut View Post
. . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-. . . . . . . . . .``~.,*
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .-.,*
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :,*
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,*
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}*
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}*
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:. . . ./*
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./*
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./*
. . . . . . /(_. . ~,_. . . ..~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/*
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .=,_. . . .-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~; /. .. .}*
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .=-._. . .;,,./`. . / . . . ./. .. ../*
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../*
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-*
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\*
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__*
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\*
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\*
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__*
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``*
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\.
Post of the thread....IMO

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#130)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-22-2014, 10:12 PM

Is there a link to the Newspaper Article in which Rick mentioned.

Obviously, I would like to read it to see if there are any clues to prove that all Bruce was doing was asking a fair price for the photographs or he was holding out for more than the usual which would kind of put it as extortion.

I don't have a problem with contractors or private business owners receiving a fair wage for services rendered and or their products but in this case, possibly there is a fine line between having a Heart and attempted extortion.

I do have a Gut Feeling as to what and how it went down but would like to know the skinny before I draw a conclusion on Brucie's actions.

Not as if you are contracted to do Wild Life photos and traveling all over the country in order to get what you need and are under a deadline for a particular Magazine article.

When it comes down to something like this, was Bruce Hired and sent out to do the accident photography, or did he just happen upon the scene and instincts kicked in and he knew that photographs might be needed down the line.

And or, was he using a Police Scanner and was somewhat of an Ambulance Chaser, knowing that at least once out of ten, he might make a score.

If its the latter, then I say, have a Heart, charge the Lady a few bucks to cover your gas, time and film and call it a day.

Mr. Menza, as per your last Avatar Pic.

Menza is a Jewish Dance performed by just the men at Jewish ceremonies, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, Weddings and Foreskin Removals.

To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.

Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Old
  (#131)
justadub
Rattling corners nightly
justadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

07-22-2014, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hog ridr View Post

Obviously, I would like to read it to see if there are any clues to prove that all Bruce was doing was asking a fair price for the photographs or he was holding out for more than the usual which would kind of put it as extortion.

I don't have a problem with contractors or private business owners receiving a fair wage for services rendered and or their products but in this case, possibly there is a fine line between having a Heart and attempted extortion.

I do have a Gut Feeling as to what and how it went down but would like to know the skinny before I draw a conclusion on Brucie's actions.

Not as if you are contracted to do Wild Life photos and traveling all over the country in order to get what you need and are under a deadline for a particular Magazine article.

When it comes down to something like this, was Bruce Hired and sent out to do the accident photography, or did he just happen upon the scene and instincts kicked in and he knew that photographs might be needed down the line.

And or, was he using a Police Scanner and was somewhat of an Ambulance Chaser, knowing that at least once out of ten, he might make a score.

If its the latter, then I say, have a Heart, charge the Lady a few bucks to cover your gas, time and film and call it a day.

Menza is a Jewish Dance performed by just the men at Jewish ceremonies, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, Weddings and Foreskin Removals.
But what Pinky (I presume) and I wanna know is all about the green chalk, and other "free" stuff... c'mon, give it up.

We'll either all be entertained, or "they" will kill the thread like the last time, and we'll all be mercifully spared any more of this

Player: McDermott G203
Break: J & J 2729

"Let's all pile into the sandbagging wahmbulance and talk about it forever and hold each other until the tears dry!" CreeDo

"Just remember to put the troll back under the bridge when you're done playing with him, Dub!" BrokeStroke

Old
  (#132)
Hawk
AzB Silver Member
Hawk has a reputation beyond reputeHawk has a reputation beyond reputeHawk has a reputation beyond reputeHawk has a reputation beyond reputeHawk has a reputation beyond reputeHawk has a reputation beyond reputeHawk has a reputation beyond reputeHawk has a reputation beyond reputeHawk has a reputation beyond reputeHawk has a reputation beyond reputeHawk has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:

Did you miss post 99 and 101? Sounds like the "family" (plaintiffs) already had a copy of the pics and the defendants wanted Bruce to supply them with a free set. This is what the cout case was about, not jacking around a widow.

Old
  (#133)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-22-2014, 11:00 PM

I must have missed those 2 posts, thanks.

Dub, I got a message from the person who caught him. Yes, its true. I won't post his name but I will ask him for the entire story and how it went down as he witnessed it.

I do know him to be a pretty decent person from his posts etc, so there would be no reason not to believe him.

When the thread went down quickly, I doubt that it had anything to do with saving Bruce's butt, rather to save face for the Board as Bruce was soliciting
donations in the form of cue supplies etc.

It may have had more to do with the maybe larger companies or the people themselves that donated to the Boys and Girls Club. So they wouldn't know of any Monkey Shines that went down.

I'm not saying that the Club didn't receive anything as they probably got their share, (maybe, maybe not), altho, to the best of my recollection there were no pictures supplied
which is weird considering that Bruce is a photographer and you would think that with whatever amount of support that he did receive, it would have been nice to see a few pics of the donations being handed over.

Whatever that amount was, it would appear that not everything was handed over and maybe Bruce figured that with all his supposed hard work involved, he was able to justify holding back just a little for himself. Who knows, maybe there was some money donated as well, but there is only one person that would know the truth on that one, and if so, that ain't never coming out.

To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.

Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Last edited by Blue Hog ridr; 07-22-2014 at 11:20 PM.

Old
  (#134)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member

sixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond repute

07-23-2014, 12:10 AM

Quote:
I must have missed those 2 posts, thanks.

Dub, I got a message from the person who caught him. Yes, its true. I won't post his name but I will ask him for the entire story and how it went down as he witnessed it.

I do know him to be a pretty decent person from his posts etc, so there would be no reason not to believe him.

When the thread went down quickly, I doubt that it had anything to do with saving Bruce's butt, rather to save face for the Board as Bruce was soliciting
donations in the form of cue supplies etc.

It may have had more to do with the maybe larger companies or the people themselves that donated to the Boys and Girls Club. So they wouldn't know of any Monkey Shines that went down.

I'm not saying that the Club didn't receive anything as they probably got their share, (maybe, maybe not), altho, to the best of my recollection there were no pictures supplied
which is weird considering that Bruce is a photographer and you would think that with whatever amount of support that he did receive, it would have been nice to see a few pics of the donations being handed over.

Whatever that amount was, it would appear that not everything was handed over and maybe Bruce figured that with all his supposed hard work involved, he was able to justify holding back just a little for himself. Who knows, maybe there was some money donated as well, but there is only one person that would know the truth on that one, and if so, that ain't never coming out.
Did anyone pay the licensing fees?

Splitting time between Chicago and San Francisco.

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." - Mark Twain

Old
  (#135)
BigCat
The Panda Diaries
BigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 75

07-23-2014, 02:20 AM

The DCT one pocket event already happened earlier this year. And I can tell you that Dennis or Jude could give a rat's ass about any of this.

How about you just play in another DCT event this year for nothing more then the love of the game?

BTW, this was a great thread you started poolsleuth.

Page 9 of 12 « First 789 1011 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: