AE Schmidt

Rail banger

Registered
I'm researching tables and "stumbled on" AE Schmidt. They look pretty interesting, family owned, US made, done some stuff for vets, etc... How is their table quality? Anyone here a dealer?

A-1 billiards

FELT WRIGHT
Silver Member
They are excellent tables. One of the finest furniture style tables on the market. Very heavy solid wood frames, well made rails, most Schmidt tables play very well.

The Ivanhoe, Colossus, and Ellette are some of my favorite Schmidt models I've worked on. Great Amercian made table!

Jay

Rail banger

Registered
Thanks Jay. They looked pretty good to me, but I could be fooled pretty easily on a table. And yes, I'm looking for a furniture style table (needs to go well with my bar :wink:).

Last edited:

tom-o

Registered
I have one, plays great, if you go to their web page i bought the ST. Louisan 4 1/2 x 9 with acu-fast cushions,860 cloth,optional cue drawer and 4 shade light, all set up for 4,300. I bought direct so i don,t know what it would cost through a dealer

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
I think they are out of St Louis MO. I like playing on them, but I was disappointed with their short 4" rail width.

speedi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone must have an opinion, they've been in business since 1850.:confused:

Two new Schmidt tables were set up at a local community center in 2004.
I am not a mechanic but I played on them for about two years. I was not impressed with the quality. Some of my complaints might be attributed to the mechanic who set up the table. We were constantly having to re-level the table and contend with the slate seams that always seemed to be out of adjustment. Pockets were always loosening up.

I wouldn't recommend them.

A-1 billiards

FELT WRIGHT
Silver Member
Two new Schmidt tables were set up at a local community center in 2004.
I am not a mechanic but I played on them for about two years. I was not impressed with the quality. Some of my complaints might be attributed to the mechanic who set up the table. We were constantly having to re-level the table and contend with the slate seams that always seemed to be out of adjustment. Pockets were always loosening up.

I wouldn't recommend them.

Those are mechanic issues! The tables themselves are very well made.

Jay