Reload this Page question - TAD CUSTOM CUES
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
question - TAD CUSTOM CUES
Old
  (#1)
jockey
Banned
jockey has a reputation beyond reputejockey has a reputation beyond reputejockey has a reputation beyond reputejockey has a reputation beyond reputejockey has a reputation beyond reputejockey has a reputation beyond reputejockey has a reputation beyond reputejockey has a reputation beyond reputejockey has a reputation beyond reputejockey has a reputation beyond reputejockey has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Question question - TAD CUSTOM CUES - 09-17-2013, 07:51 AM

found moderately priced custom cues that seem interesting.
i'm not familier with the maker and want to know more.
anyone have a TAD? has anyone ever had a TAD Custom?
Attached Images

Old
  (#2)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-17-2013, 07:56 AM

If you found a "moderately" priced TAD, get it.
They are sought after and have a great reputation.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#3)
Ken_4fun
AzB Silver Member
Ken_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond reputeKen_4fun has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2013, 08:00 AM

I think they have great shafts.

I played with one for a couple years and really liked it. The handle of the cue was a "tad" smaller diameter that fit my hand great too.

Old Tad cues sold really cheap, but now it seems all Tad bring premimum $$.

Ken

Current cues - Balabushka, Gus Szamboti, Gus Szamboti Hoppe, Schick, Pfd, BHQ Butterfly and Rick Howard J/B.

Cases - Jack Justis, Fellini, Fellini, Fellini, JB Case.

Watchez is the teacher

" Pool was once my passion, then it was my job, and now it is my sentence."

Mark Wilson's Lindenwood University? Soon to be renamed to the Mosconi Cup Breeding Factory - KoolKat9Lives

Old
  (#4)
Buster8001
Did you say shrubberies?
Buster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond reputeBuster8001 has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_4fun View Post
I think they have great shafts.

I played with one for a couple years and really liked it. The handle of the cue was a "tad" smaller diameter that fit my hand great too.

Old Tad cues sold really cheap, but now it seems all Tad bring premimum $$.

Ken
Rep for the pun; lol.

Josh

"Eight ball up her thight!"
-Kung Fu Master-

"Pool is an analog game in a digital world."
-Chuck Fields-

Old
  (#5)
rayjay
some of the kids
rayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

09-17-2013, 09:41 AM

Tad Kohara is one of the great classic west coast builders. He has an enduring reputation for quality and playability from the 60's and his cues are some of the few that have a chance to appreciate, or at least maintain value. Like Ken said, his shafts are famous...dense, old growth, great taper, very well cured. That looks like a Titlist conversion, not sure when it was built, but at the right price you can't go wrong. Is this from Tailand?

Last edited by rayjay; 09-17-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Old
  (#6)
rayjay
some of the kids
rayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2013, 01:52 PM

My God, look at all these TAD's! I have asked for prices but not received a reply yet.
http://www.thailandbilliard.com/cues/tad_cues.htm

Old
  (#7)
jockey
Banned
jockey has a reputation beyond reputejockey has a reputation beyond reputejockey has a reputation beyond reputejockey has a reputation beyond reputejockey has a reputation beyond reputejockey has a reputation beyond reputejockey has a reputation beyond reputejockey has a reputation beyond reputejockey has a reputation beyond reputejockey has a reputation beyond reputejockey has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjay View Post
My God, look at all these TAD's! I have asked for prices but not received a reply yet.
http://www.thailandbilliard.com/cues/tad_cues.htm
that's alot of tad cue's, let me know how thier prices are

Old
  (#8)
rayjay
some of the kids

09-17-2013, 02:29 PM

Yours looks like the Tad 4-R on this page. Haven't heard back yet on prices, how much is the one you're looking at?

Old
  (#9)
jockey
Banned

09-17-2013, 03:21 PM

very similair to Tad 4R, that one i've choosen is wrapless.
waiting now to get price, guy's at work, should have cost by sunrise.
found completely by accident, was searching john whatshisname cases, JB something.
Attached Images

Old
  (#10)
jockey
Banned

09-17-2013, 03:24 PM

this is what i was trying to research when the Tad Cue page popped.
havent got a clue what i did to make that happen
Attached Images

Old
  (#11)
BigCat
The Panda Diaries
BigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond reputeBigCat has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 75

09-17-2013, 05:05 PM

Tad Kohara is in the International Cuemakers Association (ICA) Hall of Fame.

http://www.internationalcuemakers.com/?page=halloffame

He was an apprentice to Harvey Martin and acquired all of Harvey's cue making machinery when Harvey Martin passed. His cues are considered among the best and he is considered a top tier cue maker.

I've owned many Tad cues.

Ray

Tad
Old
  (#12)
jrhendy
AzB Silver Member
jrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1400

Tad - 09-17-2013, 05:14 PM

The catalog pics look like knockoffs.

Check out the points.

John Henderson
Mezz Cue
Magic Chalk

Old
  (#13)
ghost ball
AzB Silver Member
ghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2013, 06:02 PM

http://www.jjcue.com/tadcues.htm

Jj cue is Tads distributor. If you want one and don't know Tad or Fred personally, you will have to go through them.

The high end models are very difficult to get, some of his simpler models are easier. Currently, most of the Tads are going overseas where they command a hefty sum.

IMO, one of THE best hitting cue out there.

Also check out this thread for more examples of Tad's artistry.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...ghlight=Kohara

"People have to start realizing that if they are going to dick members around on AZ, it won't be forgotten about soon." from the blue hog rider

GLUE SAVES POOL

"When I shoot, my main concerns are if I made a good hit (including ball to rail) and the success of the shot (make or defense).
If you have played for a while, it is rare that you don't notice when it does not happen." from poolpro2

Last edited by ghost ball; 09-17-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Old
  (#14)
jockey
Banned

09-17-2013, 06:11 PM

well... i just heard back from the guy who's selling these TAD's.
for whatever reason, i thought his location was Colorado.
http://newart.co.jp , i honestly dont know how i ended up there, but i did.
the asking price is: 350,000 jpyn

Old
  (#15)
ghost ball
AzB Silver Member
ghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey View Post
well... i just heard back from the guy who's selling these TAD's.
for whatever reason, i thought his location was Colorado.
http://newart.co.jp , i honestly dont know how i ended up there, but i did.
the asking price is: 350,000 jpyn
That's about 3,500 US dollars. I would estimate somewhere between $2200-$2900 in the US if you could find one. That one is a little rare since it is wrap less. The serial number, I would guess, is probably from the year 2000.

"People have to start realizing that if they are going to dick members around on AZ, it won't be forgotten about soon." from the blue hog rider

GLUE SAVES POOL

"When I shoot, my main concerns are if I made a good hit (including ball to rail) and the success of the shot (make or defense).
If you have played for a while, it is rare that you don't notice when it does not happen." from poolpro2

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: