Hawaiian brian
Old
  (#1)
Baby Huey
AzB Silver Member
Baby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Hawaiian brian - 07-19-2019, 09:42 AM

It is with great sadness to inform the pool community that my friend Hawaiian Brian passed away this morning. He had been suffering with various medical problems the last few years and recently had turned for the worse. He died this morning in Las Vegas. Brian and I were friends and road partners since 1968. He was a great player and nice guy. He will suffer no more. God bless you Brian RIP.

Old
  (#2)
cuesblues
cue accumulator

cuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

07-19-2019, 09:45 AM

Awful news
My condolences to all of Hawaiian Brian's friends & family

player.....Josswest, Rambow, Schon, Paul Drexler
player.....Verl Horn, Kersenbrock, Judd, Scruggs
player.....Bluegrass, AE, Ariel Carmeli
breaker..Judd Fuller
jumper....see breaker
shooter...Sig Sauer P226 357
cutter......Dan Harrison

Old
  (#3)
alphadog
AzB Silver Member
alphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond repute

07-19-2019, 09:49 AM

I was in Hawaii a couple of years ago and no one wanted to play 1 pkt because Brian had "cured them" of that

A bull without horns is still dangerous.

Law of logical arguement-Anything is possible when you dont know what you are talking about.

Old
  (#4)
Chip Roberson
AzB Silver Member
Chip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond repute

07-19-2019, 09:50 AM

So Sorry To hear of this. I often thought that we would meet up again on down the road, but that's life, it makes ya feel there is plenty of time to do things, when its time, you really don't have a handle on. Great Player with tremendous concentration ,RIP Sir

Hawaiian Brian
Old
  (#5)
pfd studios
AzB Silver Member
pfd studios has a reputation beyond reputepfd studios has a reputation beyond reputepfd studios has a reputation beyond reputepfd studios has a reputation beyond reputepfd studios has a reputation beyond reputepfd studios has a reputation beyond reputepfd studios has a reputation beyond reputepfd studios has a reputation beyond reputepfd studios has a reputation beyond reputepfd studios has a reputation beyond reputepfd studios has a reputation beyond repute

Hawaiian Brian - 07-19-2019, 09:57 AM

Very sadness indeed. I had the good fortune of knowing Brian and actually spent a bit of time with him in his poolroom in Oahu - great player and gentleman to the end - RIP

Old
  (#6)
Runner
AzB Silver Member
Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond repute

07-19-2019, 10:15 AM

Oh man, that's sad news... met Brian a long time ago in Hawaii....
Rest in peace, bruddah.

Old
  (#7)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

07-19-2019, 10:24 AM

A road legend gone....rest in peace, Brian

Got a Hawaiian Brian T-shirt off Bran about 20 years ago in Florida...
...burnt a hole in it while driving....still wear it once in a while

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#8)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

07-19-2019, 10:35 AM

He was one of my dear friends in the pool world and one of our greatest hustler/players from the late 60's until the 80's, when he opened Hawaiian Brians poolroom in Honolulu.
The first time I ever went to Hawaii, Brian had someone pick me up at the airport and take me to one of the nice Waikiki Beach hotels. I stayed there a few days and when I went to check out I was informed the bill had been taken care of (Brian!).

Brian criss-crossed this country in the 70's taking on anyone and everyone, kicking ass everywhere he went. You would be hard pressed to find anyone who got the best of Brian. I can still see him, sunglasses atop his head, ball cap on backwards, his eyes narrow slits, his face tight with concentration and that effortless little stroke of his. Nothing fancy about his game, just make the ball and move on to the next one. He rarely had to make any spectacular shots, because he stayed in line forever! Pretty soon "Hawaiian Brian" was a well known name in the pool world. And a feared one at that!

Brian was all business on the pool table. No fun and games or trash talking of any kind. When the game was over he would once again be his friendly, jovial self, lamenting with you in your loss and recounting all the bad rolls you got.
Short in stature, big in heart is how I would describe him.

After he was well set financially, thanks to his smart investments, Brian introduced us to a young Hawaiian kid named Rodney, who he took across the country on a similar journey to the one he had made two decades before. Same trip, same results. All the money went back to Hawaii and the pool world learned a new name to be wary of.

I feel so fortunate to have known men and legendary players like Brian. They broke the mold when they made him.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Last edited by jay helfert; 07-19-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Old
  (#9)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-19-2019, 10:37 AM

A little bit of us all passes away as the ones we knew leave us forever

I remember Richard Akimoto who worked with Brian,what ever became of him?

Brian
Old
  (#10)
obe1
AzB Gold Member
obe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond reputeobe1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

Brian - 07-19-2019, 10:38 AM

Very sad news---rip sir

Old
  (#11)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-19-2019, 10:42 AM

I played at his Oahu room several times in the early 90s, but never saw him (that I know of). Anybody got a pic of him?

pj
chgo

Old
  (#12)
Michael Andros
tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Michael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond repute

07-19-2019, 10:43 AM

RIP Mr. Hashimoto.

Player: Ariel Carmeli Titlist Balaushka Tribute
Player: Sideways JossWest
Player: Dave Brainard Titlist - Rambow replica
Player: Tad model Tad-4-P
Player: Meucci QB-12
Player: Joss 10-08
Case: Fellini 1x2
Case: Katana 2x4

"Nobody in the world is going to do anything but sit and watch... while you run out."

~ Tony Proestos ~

"If they don't make you post, bet high!"

~ Fat Randy ~

"The secret to winning one pocket? Run more 8 and outs."

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Old
  (#13)
Pete
AzB Silver Member
Pete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond repute

07-19-2019, 10:47 AM

So sorry for his loss. My deepest condolences to his family and friends...

Old
  (#14)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

07-19-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoc View Post
A little bit of us all passes away as the ones we knew leave us forever

I remember Richard Akimoto who worked with Brian,what ever became of him?
Richard has done well for himself. He was partner's with Brian in the poolroom. Still living in Hawaii.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#15)
Runner
AzB Silver Member
Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond repute

07-19-2019, 11:01 AM

I had this old photo saved of Hawaiian Brian.. all business!
Attached Images

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: