Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Virginia Democrats vow to boycott legislature's 400th anniversary celebration

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Virginia Democrats vow to boycott legislature's 400th anniversary celebration
Old
  (#1)
Rybord
AzB Silver Member
Rybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

Virginia Democrats vow to boycott legislature's 400th anniversary celebration - 07-21-2019, 07:31 AM

Virginia Democrats vow to boycott legislature's 400th anniversary celebration if Trump attends

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vir...-trump-attends

Virginia Democratic lawmakers said Friday they will boycott an upcoming ceremony to mark the 400th anniversary of representative democracy in America if President Trump attends, urging organizers to "Send Him Back."

The July 30 event will be held in Jamestown, the site of the first permanent English colony, and will mark the founding of the House of Burgesses, which was the first representative legislative assembly in America. It is part of a weeklong celebration of the state's colonial past — including the first arrival of African slaves in the former British colonies.

Virginia's House and Senate Democratic leadership said in a statement that they "will not be attending any part of the commemorative session where Donald Trump is in attendance."

"The current President does not represent the values that we would celebrate at the 400th anniversary of the oldest democratic body in the western world," they added before ending the statement with "Send Him Back," a reference to the "send her back" chant repeatedly shouted by Trump supporters at a July 17 rally in Greenville, N.C. The crowd began the chant after Trump criticized Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn.

The chant came after Trump targeted four Congresswomen of color -- Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., and Omar -- over the weekend. He tweeted that they should "go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came, then come back and show us how it is done" in response to their criticism of him.

Ocasio-Cortez, Tlaib and Pressley were born in the United States. Omar was born in Somalia and is a U.S. citizen.

Trump's remarks and the chant at his rally have elicited a firestorm of controversy, with critics saying he revived racist troupes used to put minorities down. Trump tried distancing himself from the chant Thursday, saying he was "was not happy" with it.

"I was not happy with it, I disagree with it, but again I didn't say that, they did,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office when asked about the controversial moment.

In a rebuke of the president, the Democratic-led House voted Tuesday to condemn his tweets as "racist comments that have legitimized and increased fear and hatred of new Americans and people of color." Most Republicans have refused to reign Trump in over the comments.

The invitation to Trump to attend the Virginia event was extended by Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam and two Republican state lawmakers. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., was also invited to attend but declined.

Event organizer American Evolution said the White House has not made an announcement regarding the president's plans. However, the Richmond Times-Dispatch newspaper reported Friday that Trump did plan to attend the event.

Old
  (#2)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-21-2019, 07:43 AM

If I were Trump I would announce a rally.

LOL

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm just a flea along for the ride... ---366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

If our answers scare you, maybe you should stop asking frightening questions.---ChicagoRJ

Old
  (#3)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-21-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
If I were Trump I would announce a rally.

LOL
LOL for sure, I love the logic!

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow idiotic comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#4)
time to play no
AzB Silver Member
time to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond reputetime to play no has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2019, 04:08 AM

Their stupidity knows no limits.

Old
  (#5)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-22-2019, 11:25 AM

I heard that West Virginia was changing it’s name to East Kentucky in order to avoid guilt by association with those ninnyhammers.

"I can't stand you (LWW). You're one of the worst people I've ever known...You can rot in hell you pathetic loser."
-Bishop-

"Whether or not its a lie is irrelevant."
-Bishop-

"I have better things to do than worry about fact checking whats being published ..."
-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#6)
Sev
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2019, 01:37 PM

I am not sure I heard correctly.
However I believe Trump said he would be attending.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

If our answers scare you, maybe you should stop asking frightening questions.---ChicagoRJ

Old
  (#7)
Jimmy M.
Insomniac
Jimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 8950

07-22-2019, 01:56 PM

And the snowflakes just keep melting ...

Old
  (#8)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2019, 02:41 PM

Shunning is a venerable Christian practice that follows direct advisement from the Holy Scripture. It came to America with the Puritans.

Discussion here.

Excerpts:

Quote:
The Word of God not only says that His people are to avoid those who still wantonly and self-righteously do evil ...

People who claim to be Christian while living a flagrant immoral lifestyle are to be avoided, not only to encourage them to repent, but so that the righteous are not themselves publicly viewed as immoral too - or even lured back into gutter behavior themselves. ...

There are many who preach out of petty worldly ambition (see Happy Landings), seeking a deceived "following" for themselves, or for some favorite doctrine that they have come to idolize, so that they may "lead" - while arrogantly ignoring the Biblical command that Jesus Christ is our only Leader i.e. "Christ is the head of the church" (Ephesians 5:23 KJV).

Very often, this is done by causing "divisions and offences" within an existing group, verbally demeaning, abusing and bullying people to agree with the Satanic aggressor (e.g. see Diotrephes And The Other Antichrists). Such people are predators, seeking to devour those that can be driven astray by some contrived "new" teaching (i.e. "contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned" from the Holy Bible, not from any man) or by slander and accusations against a particular shepherd (some poor sinner who is struggling just as hard to overcome as everyone else, perhaps even more because Satan's first shot is usually at the shepherd; see Concupiscence). "Satan" means accuser. When you hear or read someone's accusations and slander, you are hearing or reading the words of Satan himself.

"16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. 16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple." (Romans 16:17-18 KJV)

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#9)
hitman22
AzB Silver Member
hitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
Shunning is a venerable Christian practice that follows direct advisement from the Holy Scripture. It came to America with the Puritans.

Discussion here.

Excerpts:
Still polishing the knob nice and shinny I see...

Old
  (#10)
Sev

07-22-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post

Discussion here.

Excerpts:
I wonder what would happen if students started shunning minorities who disrupt classes?

COVFEFE!!

Old
  (#11)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
I wonder what would happen if students started shunning minorities who disrupt classes?
People are probably shunned in schools at all levels all the time, somewhere.

It's a very common social method to show disapproval and rejection. It can be for petty reasons of some in-group claque dissing an outsider, or for more serious and worthy reasons.

Say, someone is accused of a rape or some other violent act, and is still free to attend school. That person might get shunned, also, but for a better reason.

Shunning of the POTUS began at least as early as his inauguration balls, when so many bigger name entertainers declined invitations to perform. It is also the reason he 'decided' not to attend the Kennedy Center awards. The award winners would not attend if he did.

Free association (and non-association) is generally a person's right. When it isn't, say, if it is your boss and work environment, then sometimes it is done as it happened to Bill DeBlasio, I think it was. Anyway, whoever it was, I believe the police had to attend. They stood and turned their backs to him. (Was that BdB?) [Edited: yes it was, at a funeral for some policemen. I remember some people here who applauded that time.]

In other cases, students have left an assembly en masse when a given speaker takes the podium. Silent and peaceful demonstrations like that happen occasionally, but non-attendance is another way.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Last edited by Sofla; 07-22-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: