Bent Slate

acomec@westnet.

Hi All,
Firstly, as a new member: I live in Perth Western Australia since 1971, I have played pool (world Rules) :)and snooker (badly) for recreation, club and pub comp.

I have a tech question re. my 9' x 4'6" table, it has a one piece 30mm slate bed, it has a hollow in the centre of one end of approx 1.5mm which causes the slow balls to run towards the centre, my question is: can I correct this by shimming up the slate in the centre; is the slate flexible enough to achieve this safely?

Many thanks in anticipation of your replies.:)

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Hi All,
Firstly, as a new member: I live in Perth Western Australia since 1971, I have played pool (world Rules) :)and snooker (badly) for recreation, club and pub comp.

I have a tech question re. my 9' x 4'6" table, it has a one piece 30mm slate bed, it has a hollow in the centre of one end of approx 1.5mm which causes the slow balls to run towards the centre, my question is: can I correct this by shimming up the slate in the centre; is the slate flexible enough to achieve this safely?

Many thanks in anticipation of your replies.:)

Slate does indeed bend. Give us more info, what kind of table? Pics? RealKingCobra would be the expert on this!

Trent from Toledo