Read the post, I beat an accused killer, found innocent by
a jury of his peers, at pool. Read the story for yourself

Someone has told a fib and someone joined in

You guys are just sad and mad that someone has
spoken out about your beloved use of swear words

And now you feel like kicking a fella you think is down

I am not down and bullies never bothered me

Rave on

You'll get no kicks from me. I enjoy your stories. I don't think twice about your lack of profanity or anyone else's abundant use of it. When my girls were little it bothered me, at least until I realized that a hell of lot worse can happen than having your kid grow up learning a few dirty words that society has deemed inappropriate.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Read the post, I beat an accused killer, found innocent by
a jury of his peers, at pool. Read the story for yourself

Someone has told a fib and someone joined in

There is not a word or suggestion of me worshipping him

You guys are just sad and mad that someone has
spoken out about your beloved use of swear words

And now you feel like kicking a fella you think is down

I am not down and bullies never bothered me

Rave on

I didn't nitpick your stories, but your ad hominem indignation.

It's pretty high-handed to run amok heisting players for cash but turning your nose up at a coarse word

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"To err is human; to forgive, divine." Alexander Pope

"Let him who is without sin cast the first stone." Jesus

"Never give a sucker an even break." W.C Fields

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anybody that gambles, gambles with more sinners than saints

Everyone that plays pool in a busy bar or pool hall is in the building with at least some unsavory types, criminals of most sorts. When we gamble we don't ask for a resume to see where the money is coming from, we just want to see the money. Like Dean, I preferred taking the money from those that had gotten it illegally or at the least unethically. My personal thing was to always start the bet small. If somebody else wanted to ramp up the bet I was always obliging. That way I only took more than small amounts from those trying to take large chunks from me. Very few of them were working men but I was a working man myself, owning businesses, working in the petro-chem industry, often several things at one time.

Many of the things that lead to entertaining tales of long ago, few of us would do today. Even the people involved originally have moved on in life and aren't the same people we were decades ago. Most of my old playmates are dead or gone. Every once in awhile I do bump into one. We have all settled down and moved to hell or suburbia, hard to tell the difference sometimes! Saw an old playmate's picture on a billboard, she is a real estate broker these days. Another owns a major engine rebuilding business on the main drag of town. Some like to reminisce about days of yore, some are happy to leave then buried!

Hu

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I used to play with a guy that would say, "Got-down swim-in-a-ditch" whenever he messed up.

Sum-in-a-batch suffices quite nicely as well. Sometimes I just scream, "chocolate cake" really loudly. It seems to work...;)

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We in California like our "sunny beaches".

I hear you Bob. :wink: I remember one from the movie Johnny Dangerously, I think it was Fargin Icehole, or maybe Dirty Bastage. :)

Last edited:

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I always liked "Cheese and Crackers" and Shut the Front Door"

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny story...when my son was about five he was riding in the backseat of the car with his grandfather. Gramps was on the phone and used a couple of the words Dean is not a fan of. When the call ended my son leaned in and said, "Pow Pow, you do know that I repeat everything that I hear, right?" Pow Pow was very quick to clean up his language around the grandkids after that.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
I recall playing 18 holes at the Ohio State University golf course with 3 senior Ministers of large area churches.

I can't repeat what they said, it would offend you dean. :wink:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Funny story...when my son was about five he was riding in the backseat of the car with his grandfather. Gramps was on the phone and used a couple of the words Dean is not a fan of. When the call ended my son leaned in and said, "Pow Pow, you do know that I repeat everything that I hear, right?" Pow Pow was very quick to clean up his language around the grandkids after that.
That's one kid that needs to be watched carefully.:eek:

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
seem to be becoming more and more a part
of the culture here on Az

This saddens me, there was a time when I could enjoy sharing an occasional
story with my family

Now it shames me to see such low rent,base and vulgar words and thoughts

Why vulgarity,it doesn't help the image of our sport.It establishes it as anything
but respectful and family oriented.

It doesn't show intelligence inthe user,it shows a lack thereof. It seems like a feeble
attempt of a small and dirty nind to say look at me I use dirty words I must be cool

You want to know why it is the lowest class of any sport,why pool can not attract
sponsors.? The world views pool as a game for bums
Are they wrong?,.

Before i quit playing it was common to see pro players borrowing money consistantly with
no intention of paying back. They were not happy just dumping us when we were stupid
enough to stake them or bet on them. They went to the skid row tactic of "Buddy can you
spaare me a dime"

Well here is your opportunity to take a shot at decency ,respect,even civility.
Here is your chance to take it out on me personally.

I challenge you to give me one intelligent reason for using nasty graphic
vukgr language. I know several sick timid lonely misfits want to be part of the
group. They want so desperately to belong thatthey use big boy talk..

Wow, just wow.

Someone talking about conning people all the time, has now arrived to teach us all a lesson in morality. Like a prostitute, on her day of retirement, bow-leggedly stumbling down the stairs of her place of employment, her hair disheveled and the rug burns still fresh on her rear end, only to step onto a soap box and preach to us about chastity.

Someone in my brother-in-laws family was a con man, in a family of mostly working- and middle class, honest people, like my own family. Guess every family has its black sheep. He ruined not only the lives of the people he conned, but his familys also. He targeted many criminals, but also working people. I guess all money had the same color to him.. Even my own mother was threatned by a thug, because the con man had used my deceased fathers name in one of his schemes, my father being a manager in the financial field before his death. This incident traumatized my mother in two different ways, both making her worried about our safety and worrying about the reputation of my late father...**** that con artist and everyone like him! You see, sometimes curse words are appropriate, never more so than in the context of low-life behavior like that.

Last edited:

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the immortal words of The Reverend Jeremiah Wright, "God damn America!"

"THE CHICKENS HAVE COME HOME TO ROOST."

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Trying to figure out what cussing on an Internet forum has to do with pool?

We shall enjoy no etiquette without first obedience.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I've been known to cuss a bit. If there are kids and women around I try to watch my language, but I can't say I've never reacted poorly to a bad shot.

People today cuss, I don't really notice it much. I have mentioned to a few people golfing that they need to quit yelling cuss words, because their voice carries and there are homes around. I don't care if they cuss, but I don't like the yelling of cuss words if that makes sense. And I've done it, and then felt like a fool.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
when I was a youngster ...

I've been known to cuss a bit. If there are kids and women around I try to watch my language, but I can't say I've never reacted poorly to a bad shot.

People today cuss, I don't really notice it much. I have mentioned to a few people golfing that they need to quit yelling cuss words, because their voice carries and there are homes around. I don't care if they cuss, but I don't like the yelling of cuss words if that makes sense. And I've done it, an..Nod then felt like a fool.

Got my license at fifteen. Riding around in a car with air conditioning in South Louisiana I got in the habit of giving other drivers helpful advice on how to drive. Since nobody could hear me this advice was often loud and laced with profanity. I had a good year at sixteen, early seventeen. Among other toys I bought a convertible Corvette.

I felt about two inches tall the first time I had the top off and yelled my usual advice. Took a few weeks to fully get out of this habit and I was deeply embarrassed when I hollered and cussed for very minor offenses and everyone at a redlight turned to look at me. All I could do was stare straight ahead and act like I had intended for everyone to hear me acting like a moron!

Hu