Fargo rating help needed

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you establish a Fargo rating?

What steps are used by the operators of this system?

Thanks

Kevin

Typically tournaments in Challonge are used if the final score for each match is posted in bracket and Fargo is aware of the tournament. League scores can also be submitted.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How do you establish a Fargo rating?

What steps are used by the operators of this system?

Thanks

Kevin
FargoRate has league system software and matches played with that go straight into the ratings.

I see you are running a 14.1 league. I don't think FargoRate handles 14.1 right now -- just rack-scored games like 8-, 9-, and 10-ball.

In general, FargoRate takes results from as many reliable sources as possible, such as all the match scores from big tournaments and those leagues that use the LMS. An unreliable source would be something like a self-reported private match.

Lots more info on the website.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Thanks guys I will have a look at the website.

I was curious as to how my Fargo rating was established since the only tournament that I play in is at the Super Billiards expo. It is my guess that Hopkins submits these results and that is how I received a rating.

Outside of that I have no idea how I would have been rated.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
-K-

I had the same conversation with the fella that was running most of the tourney last week at the Lancaster Elks. As you know he also assists with the SBE tourney.

He told me that results were sent to Fargo rates for 3 years. The actual score sheets were packaged up and sent, which really surprised me. I thought they had some sort of online entry that was maybe tied into the bracket software. Individual match score sheets being sent halfway across the country for manual entry. Wow.

I played in the seniors 2017-2018 and 2016-2017 but I don't have a Fargo rate. I bet my scoresheets were like chicken scratch, and could not be read for entry.

The SBE is my only big tourney I play in anymore too.

I was curious as to how my Fargo rating was established since the only tournament that I play in is at the Super Billiards expo. It is my guess that Hopkins submits these results and that is how I received a rating.

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Kevin,
The website has a FAQ that should answer most of your questions. You can also contact the creators directly via email and they will respond. They responded to my questions in a couple of days. Good luck.