John Barton us open ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Understood. But every single time I come across anyone saying "ACNE Rugged" I have to correct them or risk diluting the model to a generic style. It is not a generic style it is a specific style created by a specific designer and called a specific thing.

There is no such thing as an ACNE Rugged case. There is an ACNE model that significantly emulates (Knocks off) the JB Cases Rugged look while falling far short on quality and protection.
I agree there is no Acne rugged nor have I ever heard the term before this thread by anyone who owns one or sells them and I know several

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I doubt he needs much of one , We shall see how it works out for ya , there are others that look close also you know who they are I'm also sure Mike and his Lawyer's no that also , It's simply a observation of mine I got no dog in the fight you win good for you

Depends on what he is being sued for as to how good of a lawyer he needs. A guy who has three hours to find a lawyer and ends up going to an immigration attorney when he needed a contract attorney is probably not good at choosing the right counsel.

I fully understand all of the aspects in play when it comes to intellectual property.

The main thing is that if he wants to claim, or you want to claim, that the ACNE cases are not knockoffs of JB Cases, then that is super easy to prove in court if needed.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Depends on what he is being sued for as to how good of a lawyer he needs. A guy who has three hours to find a lawyer and ends up going to an immigration attorney when he needed a contract attorney is probably not good at choosing the right counsel.

I fully understand all of the aspects in play when it comes to intellectual property.

The main thing is that if he wants to claim, or you want to claim, that the ACNE cases are not knockoffs of JB Cases, then that is super easy to prove in court if needed.
There is numerous knockoffs of golf clubs ,fishing reels , blue jeans , guns the list goes on and on and on , I don't know what his claims are or yours until I actually see court documents, I've seen similar in the past like Yetti coolers with RTIC and they won a undisclosed settlement, doubt It was much other than slight changes but they had almost excat copies, not near the case pardon the pun here where they are not ,,
But good luck either way

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
I had rugged "ACNE" when i was a kid. ;)

I hope it cleared up! Back on topic … I have a rugged case and love it and would recommend JB Cases to everyone! I love the design page and probably designed 6 or 8 iterations of what I finally decided on. Also, kudos to Karen who was very responsive and helpful. :clapping:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I had rugged "ACNE" when i was a kid. ;)

hahahaha.....i hope you were "proactive" with it. I was.

There is numerous knockoffs of golf clubs ,fishing reels , blue jeans , guns the list goes on and on and on , I don't know what his claims are or yours until I actually see court documents, I've seen similar in the past like Yetti coolers with RTIC and they won a undisclosed settlement, doubt It was much other than slight changes but they had almost excat copies, not near the case pardon the pun here where they are not ,,
But good luck either way

And tons of lawsuits surrounding all of those genres......

I hope it cleared up! Back on topic … I have a rugged case and love it and would recommend JB Cases to everyone! I love the design page and probably designed 6 or 8 iterations of what I finally decided on. Also, kudos to Karen who was very responsive and helpful. :clapping:

You're welcome.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hahahaha.....i hope you were "proactive" with it. I was.

And tons of lawsuits surrounding all of those genres......

You're welcome.

Yet most of them settled with no money and a slight change , Trump beat the NFL the reward was 1 dollar , i highly doubt you get much better if that but like I said we shall see
I like your fight even if I disagree with your beliefs

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I appreciate when a product is being constantly refined. That counts even more with zippers and fasteners. Nothing irritates me more than a 300 dollar bag that's useless to me now because they saved 5 bucks on zippers, just charge me 305 and give me the good ones.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

In the consumer industry, its usually more like a 3:1 ratio. So if the better zipper cost the manufacturer $5 extra, the price increase to the end consumer is more like $15.

Oh screw it then

:rotflmao1:

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Understood. But every single time I come across anyone saying "ACNE Rugged" I have to correct them or risk diluting the model to a generic style. It is not a generic style it is a specific style created by a specific designer and called a specific thing.

There is no such thing as an ACNE Rugged case. There is an ACNE model that significantly emulates (Knocks off) the JB Cases Rugged look while falling far short on quality and protection.

I respect your response and I think you have defended your company in an admirable way. I’m most likely going to get a case from JB Case but weighing out my options in regards to protection.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thinking of starting a cue case business, going to call it BJ cases-. As an incentive, fee Blow Jobs from toothless craigslist hookers for first 1000 customers.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thinking of starting a cue case business, going to call it BJ cases-. As an incentive, fee Blow Jobs from toothless craigslist hookers for first 1000 customers.

Also, for those who don't like toothless blowjobs, we will be offering blowjobs from craigslist hookers who actually have teeth, but that is only for those who buy the Rugged BJ.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still not ONE second of video after nearly 300 posts?? Not ONE bystander sweating this SUPPOSED incident video'd ANY of it??? I find this a tad hard to believe. I for one don't think it ever happened just based on this alone. If something like this started there'd be fifty people(minimum!!) with phones out. Until video shows up this whole thing needs to just faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaade away.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JB did the FB thing live...and a lot of people saw it.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Still not ONE second of video after nearly 300 posts?? Not ONE bystander sweating this SUPPOSED incident video'd ANY of it??? I find this a tad hard to believe. I for one don't think it ever happened just based on this alone. If something like this started there'd be fifty people(minimum!!) with phones out. Until video shows up this whole thing needs to just faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaade away.

Status
Not open for further replies.