Pool is ALIVE and WELL in Wisconsin! - "MAP"

WIBHOF

Registered
Here are all of the venues that regularly hold tournaments in Wisconsin. Also listed are 12 cue makers, the new national billiards podcast, CUE IT UP, and of course the home for the Wisconsin Billiards Hall of Fame. How many of these places have you been to?
Visit WIBHOF.ORG to read more!

Attachments

• Billiards-State-Map.jpg
    Billiards-State-Map.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 364

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I think I counted 38 pool halls, serving a state with a population of 5.82 million, or about 1 pool room for every 150,000 living there. Is that good compared to other states? If not, is this sufficient evidence that pool is doing well in Wisconsin?

Please clarify.

WIBHOF

Registered
We are simply showing that we are proud of our venues. Don't read too much into it, lol. But, you are basing it on the state's population and obviously not everyone plays pool. A safer comparison would be the roughly 5,000 league and tournament players in the state. We have more than enough venues that host tournaments!

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Colder states will have a much more denser indoor venue across the state. It's just natural that people stay indoors. I'm pretty sure Wisconsin can get cold. How many bowling alleys?

It's pretty dead in California.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sjm, your using false numbers. The pool hall count was based on tournaments not total halls. Also if you drive/ride down the river road, RT.35 trying to find lunch, a Burger King is not to be found. But there are hundreds of bars and grills and a awful lot of bar tables to be found. It's way different than NY.

calcuttaman

Pool Player
Silver Member
I think I counted 38 pool halls, serving a state with a population of 5.82 million, or about 1 pool room for every 150,000 living there. Is that good compared to other states? If not, is this sufficient evidence that pool is doing well in Wisconsin?
That really isn't the whole story. Tournaments are what's alive and well in WI. Check this thread I started in Jan 2013. https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=3982483

620 players in 15 tournaments ALL on the same Saturday in Wisconsin.

And it continues like this today.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
sjm, your using false numbers. The pool hall count was based on tournaments not total halls. Also if you drive/ride down the river road, RT.35 trying to find lunch, a Burger King is not to be found. But there are hundreds of bars and grills and a awful lot of bar tables to be found. It's way different than NY.

I'm not reaching any conclusions, only suggesting that if the claim that pool is healthy in Wisconsin is true, which is distinctly possible, nothing presented here substantiates it.

By the way, I know just as little about how pool is doing in New York.