Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page After Being Destroyed, Trump's Walk of Fame Star Multiplies
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-10-2018, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
Interesting.

That didn't seem to have anything at all to do with the symbolism you cited.

What you said:

How many different ways do you want to have things to get it to feel right for yourself?

Ah. I see. Slippery, eh?

We were talking about symbolism that you invoked or cited. Not the law. You saw great symbolism...but there was a lesser crime, in fact negligible by your own admission.

Very difficult to see how that relates to your invocation of symbolism. Are you saying you see some sacrilegious nature to vinyl?

I think at this point it is easily seen that your citation of symbolism and refusal or inability to address the true symbolic nature of the events in discussion is symptomatic of a psychopolitical bias known as liberalism.

It would be more interesting to chase this around the room if you were a little better at it.

It's as if you cannot hold two thoughts in your mind at the same time.

Yes, as I say, the law seems to judge the severity of vandalism crimes by the property damage cost. That seems fair to me, and it's an impartial standard.

Meanwhile, many people judge them by whether they like or dislike the target of the symbolism. Some might think anyone taking an intended symbolic whack at a DJT star and destroying it should get off from all charges and penalties, or get off very lightly. (I disagree. It's malicious damage to the property of someone else and they have no right to do that, and it is a crime.)

Those who put up the several vinyl replica stars didn't really create any cost to remove them. Or a very slight cost, with two guys to do the peeling off and scrub off the fixative, maybe re-polish, and one guy to hold the sign (city workers, doncha know?).

I'm assuming they didn't use cheap faux replicas as a jibe at PDJT. That part was my ironic joking. I would have assumed all of that was obvious enough, but apparently no.

“Just remember, what you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening.”

-- President Donald J. Trump, July 24, 2018

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

-- Garry Kasparov

Old
  (#32)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

08-10-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
It would be more interesting to chase this around the room if you were a little better at it.

It's as if you cannot hold two thoughts in your mind at the same time.

Yes, as I say, the law seems to judge the severity of vandalism crimes by the property damage cost. That seems fair to me, and it's an impartial standard.

Meanwhile, many people judge them by whether they like or dislike the target of the symbolism. Some might think anyone taking an intended symbolic whack at a DJT star and destroying it should get off from all charges and penalties, or get off very lightly. (I disagree. It's malicious damage to the property of someone else and they have no right to do that, and it is a crime.)

Those who put up the several vinyl replica stars didn't really create any cost to remove them. Or a very slight cost, with two guys to do the peeling off and scrub off the fixative, maybe re-polish, and one guy to hold the sign (city workers, doncha know?).

I'm assuming they didn't use cheap faux replicas as a jibe at PDJT. That part was my ironic joking. I would have assumed all of that was obvious enough, but apparently no.
I believe this was a " hate " crime, the perp clearly hates the president. But its OK to hate whites with impunity in the US.

Old
  (#33)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

08-10-2018, 06:13 PM

Let us pursue this notion of symbolism.

hammer and sickle

The tools of the vandals.
hammer and pick

In another context these are weapons, of course.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#34)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

08-10-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post

I totally get that.

What I pointed out was the true symbolism. No joke.

Your joking around seemed to be a distraction from that.

Your further avoidance and denial of it is only more telling.

Why did I bother to point it out? Because it is a serious matter dealing with potentially dangerous people when triggered.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#35)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

08-10-2018, 08:30 PM

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: