AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs Classifieds FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page "Diamondizing" a Gold Crown III.. In Germany

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
ShortBusRuss
Short Bus Russ - C Player
ShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-11-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
Artemis on GC is just a bad idea imo.
Let's ask Mark.
The contact area grabs too much. No matter what you do.
OK when the cloth is still new.
Not when it gets old.

SuperSpeed banks just as well when the cloth wears out.
See what iusedtoberich says... I don't particularly care whether the banking is perfect over the life of the cloth.. As long as the table plays as close as possible to the DCC Diamonds. I haven't seen consistent opinions that the Artemis rails on Gold Crowns naturally sit higher or lower than they do on a Diamond, so it seems to me they would play fairly close. If that means that the Diamonds bank different when the cloth is worn than when new, then I am fine with that.

Given that I have had my foot on the throat of the few pros I have played in One Pocket at DCC, and let them get away in part due to lack of quality bank practice, I just wanted to come to Derby with a "feel for the banking zone", as it applies to the rails on the Diamonds. I haven't seen a strong case that Superspeeds bank extremely close to Diamonds, so once we get to that point, the argument now becomes, "If I put Artemis on instead, will it bank closer to a Diamond, or will it bank jacked up?

I haven't seen a strong case that it will be bank jacked up, and I have seen multiple opinions from people that have put on Artemis rails with no subrail modification, and been extremely happy with how the table plays. Given that I have not seen a super strong case that Gold Crowns with Artemis rails bank poorly, then I am fine with being the guineau pig and making up my own mind. If it doesn't work out and the table banks noticeably poorly, I will report my results, and I will just try again with Superspeeds.

Remember: Artemis is a German product, and these rails are significantly cheaper to get here than in the states. So, it's not like I am breaking the bank by giving them a try.

Old
  (#62)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

08-11-2018, 05:49 PM

How do red labels bank compared to blue labels?

Old
  (#63)
jtompilot
AzB Silver Member
jtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-11-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
How do red labels bank compared to blue labels?
Reds bank much shorter. I’ve played on a few that banked the same as a blue and the room manager said they were modified to blue specs.

I will say I think my GC4 banks pretty close to a blue on most soft to moderate speed banks. You can still shorten a blue more than my GC4.

I would like to know if I bought a new top from Jerimy Chambers with Artemis ic66 (K55) if it would Bank just like a Diamond Blue label

Last edited by jtompilot; 08-11-2018 at 07:38 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: