Something new and a "formal" introduction

str8eight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I got into this craft two years ago a mentor of mine told me not to post pictures of anything I wasn't proud of. This isn't the first cue Id like my name tied to but It is my latest. My name is Shelby Williams and as of right now full splice cues have my attention. Thanks for looking! received_10156853994942994.jpegreceived_10156853994967994.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When I got into this craft two years ago a mentor of mine told me not to post pictures of anything I wasn't proud of. This isn't the first cue Id like my name tied to but It is my latest. My name is Shelby Williams and as of right now full splice cues have my attention. Thanks for looking!View attachment 497092View attachment 497093

Shelby...as of now, you have my attention. :cool: VERY nice work.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very cool veneers. Very nice splice.

I would love to see what you are doing with the bottom of the cue. :smile:

Thanks for showing off! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

str8eight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone for the kind feedback. Back in August of 2016 I was at Larry Vigus' place having a tip put on when I told him about a repair lathe a friend of mine was selling. He told me that everyone around here makes cues and that If I got the lathe he'd teach me a little. From the start I was interested in traditional full splices with sharp returns and so one day I was invited to have pizza with Larry and John Nemec a traditional full splice cue maker out of Dallas. I've been annoying those guys ever since.

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Back in August of 2016 I was at Larry Vigus' place having a tip put on when I told him about a repair lathe a friend of mine was selling. He told me that everyone around here makes cues and that If I got the lathe he'd teach me a little.

What I think I said was " don't know what you spent on the lathe, but $10,000 has flown from your wallet. "

Larry