Need Help - Someone who uses Paypal alot

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As of now, you should be at $776.50, not $750.

The fees deducted for that amount should have been returned since the buyer did not accept the transaction.

Go to the original transaction and refund the full amount. You will not be charged a fee and the orginal $23.50 fee will be waived, leaving you whole.

Or did I miss something?

Yea missing something. He messaged us for 3 hrs until
11 pm and we agreed on price after he made about 20 offers. He sends funds thru PayPal. So the next Day as my a Son had just left to ship said Cue I get a message from buyer saying that his Wife found out he bought it and needs his Money back ASAP. 2 minutes before that I had just transferred the money into my account so I could give it to my Son. I never said anything in the ad about refunds. So that is why I transferred it. He made the Deal and said he wanted it for sure. I also spent 3 hrs messaging with him asking questions. So once I seen the message I called my Son who was next in line at the post to stop him. The buyer paid me thru PayPal for goods and service so it took the fees out leaving $776.50. I also found out that it took 3 days for the money to transfer. So buyer keeps texting me wanting his money back. I have my bank card linked and can transfer money from PayPal to my account but cannot transfer from bank acct to PayPal. So I could not get the Funds to go back and to get him off my Back I sent him the $776.50 back but it changed him a fee also so he was left with $ 750.00. So he refund the payment direct back but somehow he sent the money back as a Echeck which it took 5 business days to process. He demands the full $800 back , I have sent numerous emails to PayPal and spend 3 days trying to get this figured out with no luck. They email me back and said they are really short handed and someone will contact me when they can. So far nothing. In one email they said if I had already sent the package and could provide a valid tracking number then they would close the case and rule in my favor but I had not mailed it and caught my Son just in time. Buyer told me he would refuse the package anyway had I mailing it. What chaps me is that he sent funds and then sends message next day saying his Wife finds out and then he wants money back. I am having to a Worry and be aggravated with this headache and I think he should eat the fees for backing out. I Don’t ask my Wife for permission and I don’t need her Approval so I am having a hard time feeling Sorry for ol Doc here. He messaged me for 3 hours and yet waits until the next day to cancel and Demand refund.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally, I think the majority of the cues on ebay that are listed as 'NOS' by certain sellers are knock off cues. I do not think there are that many still existing to keep popping up in the quantities they do.

Below is a post of mine from 2014.

The cues listed on ebay look nothing like the cues from 2014.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=4935056&postcount=8

Another of my old posts...from 2012.

FWIW, my cue was the last ADAM-Japan HOF sold from Billiard Warehouse. I got it from Greg. The photo was the stock photo from the sales ad on their website.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=3509431&postcount=32

Blue Jam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea missing something. He messaged us for 3 hrs until
11 pm and we agreed on price after he made about 20 offers. He sends funds thru PayPal. So the next Day as my a Son had just left to ship said Cue I get a message from buyer saying that his Wife found out he bought it and needs his Money back ASAP. 2 minutes before that I had just transferred the money into my account so I could give it to my Son. I never said anything in the ad about refunds. So that is why I transferred it. He made the Deal and said he wanted it for sure. I also spent 3 hrs messaging with him asking questions. So once I seen the message I called my Son who was next in line at the post to stop him. The buyer paid me thru PayPal for goods and service so it took the fees out leaving $776.50. I also found out that it took 3 days for the money to transfer. So buyer keeps texting me wanting his money back. I have my bank card linked and can transfer money from PayPal to my account but cannot transfer from bank acct to PayPal. So I could not get the Funds to go back and to get him off my Back I sent him the $776.50 back but it changed him a fee also so he was left with $ 750.00. So he refund the payment direct back but somehow he sent the money back as a Echeck which it took 5 business days to process. He demands the full $800 back , I have sent numerous emails to PayPal and spend 3 days trying to get this figured out with no luck. They email me back and said they are really short handed and someone will contact me when they can. So far nothing. In one email they said if I had already sent the package and could provide a valid tracking number then they would close the case and rule in my favor but I had not mailed it and caught my Son just in time. Buyer told me he would refuse the package anyway had I mailing it. What chaps me is that he sent funds and then sends message next day saying his Wife finds out and then he wants money back. I am having to a Worry and be aggravated with this headache and I think he should eat the fees for backing out. I Don’t ask my Wife for permission and I don’t need her Approval so I am having a hard time feeling Sorry for ol Doc here. He messaged me for 3 hours and yet waits until the next day to cancel and Demand refund.

Why should the buyer eat any fees because you don't know how Paypal works?

As has been suggested a few times already, go into the original transaction and issue a refund through Paypal. The money you banked and all of the fees Paypal took will be refunded to buyer so everyone is whole again. A "refund" in PayPal is a specific action you can take in the app or on the website. It is NOT the same thing as starting a whole other transaction to pay them the amount less fees that they sent to you.

Sounds to me like you are mad about somebody welching on a deal (it happens) so you are trying to argue a loss for them. A loss that is not necessary and can easily be avoided. Pretty poor form.

If the buyer really is a forum user as you allege, they should file a dispute with Paypal immediately, as you have not acted in good faith (issuing a partial refund, not following advice on how to do a full refund, keeping the cue and money and making personal insults in a public forum).

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
No there is no email adress for Adam from then. That Company is gone. I was told that a tsunami wiped it out in Japan. A Salesman at Aurora Rd Billiard Supplies in Florida was telling me this and how he sent a $15000 check over to Japan to Adam to buy more Cues and that the tsunami wiped it out and he got the check back over a year later. I believe he is a member here and maybe he will chime in. The Japan Adam Co gone production of Adam and Balabushka cues shifted to China and is now made in the same factory as Lucasi cues. I don’t know were Ebay man is getting the knock offs from but they are not the original Adam a Japan cues. No speculation needed. You can call the Guy at Competition Sports and he will also tell you about it as he is the man behind the Hall of Fame series cues. He knows.

What about these guys? It's probably them I imagine.

https://balabushkacues.com/adam-cues/

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting - I thought they had switched production to China by then, but it's good to know some were made in Japan.

Mine is the second from the top in this photo. The little pieces of tape were from measuring the balance points of the cues.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 69

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you ID the one on the top and the 3rd one down?

The top cue is the first custom cue I ever had made. It was made by Lloyd Bennett, at the A. E. Schmidt, Co., in St. Louis in May 1973. It is a full-slice made with a Titlist blank.

The third cue down is a full-splice Titlist conversion done for me by Mike Pancerny in Detroit. It was made from a 1950s one-piece cue that I bought from an AZB member. I had it made from a photo of an actual Balabushka Titlist conversion.

The fourth cue is a McDermott C-14 that I bought new from the factory when the D models first came out.

The bottom cue is the actual cue CJ Wiley used to win the "Million Dollar Challenge" tournament in Dallas in 1996.

Last edited:

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why should the buyer eat any fees because you don't know how Paypal works?

As has been suggested a few times already, go into the original transaction and issue a refund through Paypal. The money you banked and all of the fees Paypal took will be refunded to buyer so everyone is whole again. A "refund" in PayPal is a specific action you can take in the app or on the website. It is NOT the same thing as starting a whole other transaction to pay them the amount less fees that they sent to you.

Sounds to me like you are mad about somebody welching on a deal (it happens) so you are trying to argue a loss for them. A loss that is not necessary and can easily be avoided. Pretty poor form.

If the buyer really is a forum user as you allege, they should file a dispute with Paypal immediately, as you have not acted in good faith (issuing a partial refund, not following advice on how to do a full refund, keeping the cue and money and making personal insults in a public forum).[/QUOT

You seem to be missing a big part of this and I don’t know how to explain it any simpler. It won’t let me issue a refund. I have messaged PayPal about it and spoke with there dispute team. They cannot provide the answer yet as they messaged me and said that they are short handed and way behind. He backed out of the deal it happens. What I am upset about is all the aggravation it has caused me . Why should he eat the fee , because next time he will be sure to ask his wife if it is ok 1st. If he had texted me back that night then we would be no problem but the next day and using the excuse that my wife found out and she wants his money back is pretty lame. And if I wanted to insult him on a public forum I would list his name here which several members have asked me to do. I am not going to do that , but he caused a lot of aggravation when this all could have been avoided. If I had said in my ad that I would give a refund then I would not think about as much. I am doing him a favor. The PayPal lady told me it was up to me if I wanted to refund. I never said anything about refund, so all at this end I am doing him a favor. But don’t take my kindness for Weakness. He backed out , I sent him what I got from him. To me he should ask PayPal for the fee back and I don’t see where that would be a issue. It is just getting a hold of someone there is like pulling teeth so to speak. If he texted me back that night after messaging is for 3 hrs asking every question he could think of and said hey changed my mind don’t want it then I would not said anything no problem at all. But to send the funds and back out the next day and then say I want my Money back ASAP because my wife found out and if you already shipped it then I will refuse the package and file a dispute against you. Let me ask you a question Say my Son had shipped it and it would not have been cheap because he was shipping with Signature confermation he would have been out that money do that would have been another loss. Would that have been fair or should we have lost that money to since his wife found out.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have to get your wife's permission to buy a pool cue, QUIT!

You don't have the balls to get in a serious game!

Take up cornhole!

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
If you have to get your wife's permission to buy a pool cue, QUIT!

You don't have the balls to get in a serious game!

Take up cornhole!

She probably had just bought a pair of Gucci heels without telling him.

Ps. He's going to see all this if he bothers looking.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I spoke with them on the phone also , They informed me that all their cues are indeed made in china. But from what I have heard they play alot like Lucasi and are pretty decent playing cues. I guess not all Cues coming from China are bad

Any of these people related to David Forman, the founder of Adam? He licensed these GB cues. I thought his son took over.