Jesus was a carpenter..

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Not a table mechanic...... And Dartman is only RKC's disciple...

Definition: Mechanic
–noun
1.a person who repairs and maintains machinery, motors, etc.: an automobile mechanic.
2.a worker who is skilled in the use of tools, machines, equipment, etc.

I see nothing about curing the sick, feeding the poor, raising the dead, or walking on water.....

Note the name of this section of the forum - TALK TO A MECHANIC

Seen to many posts in this section from people that don't have a clue what they're talking about. Thankfully the forum members IN the trade do a fairly good job of policing most of the bs. If you're not in the business of pool tables and only have an arms length or youtube familiarity with tables, cloth and table parts then don't complain when you get flamed.

My hat is off to members that start a post with "I'm not a mechanic but in my opinion..." or words to that effect.

If one of the members listed below responds in a thread you can have reasonable assurance of getting a qualified answer to your question. These are people that move, install, service and sell tables and parts and know what they're talking about.

A-1 billiards
ChrisShanklin
Club Billiards
Cuephoric
Dartman
dontlitethat
Jim Vondrell
JZMechanix
LCCS
mechanic/player
n10spool
OTLB
perfectpocketz
PoolTable911
QuickEdward
realkingcobra
reverend
scruffy1
sdbilliards
TheTablePro
The Turk

You guys still don't get it.... Glen's work is likely the best on the planet but you guys continue to butt heads with anyone who steps into the box. All it manages to do is to incite posts like this. I saw his repost of "For all you would be Flamers" and was shocked that it was from 10-25-2008... By everything I have read and seen of his work Glen is a genius in his field. He puts his heart into doing things right and transforms any table he touches into the epitome of felt paradise.

I'm not sure how to say this other than to say "sometimes it's best to say nothing at all." Glen quoted a fair price to JOBs to fix the barboxes downstairs... I told them verbatim "You are ****ing nuts if you don't get him up here." I don't dislike him personally in the least, just his online persona. I'll show up when he does JOB's tables and if he wants to take a swing at me over my comments he is more than welcome..

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.... Quit arguing with the nits and nuts and learn to be humble.... Being humble comes from knowing you have nothing left to prove...... Glen is there... He just has to look around and realize it......

scottp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
[

I'm not sure how to say this other than to say "sometimes it's best to say nothing at all." Glen quoted a fair price to JOBs to fix the barboxes downstairs... I told them verbatim "You are ****ing nuts if you don't get him up here." I don't dislike him personally in the least, just his online persona. I'll show up when he does JOB's tables and if he wants to take a swing at me over my comments he is more than welcome.. ]

i will be surprised if JOB lets him work on his tables

Jim has always used the cheapest labor he can find........

scott

Dartman

Silver Member
You guys still don't get it.... Glen's work is likely the best on the planet but you guys continue to butt heads with anyone who steps into the box. .....

TALK TO A MECHANIC
This area is for questions for and conversation between table mechanics

That's the AZB official description of this section of the forum.
Please point out the part that condones advice from people that pretend to know something about table work. I'd presume members that ask questions would rather get an answer/advice from someone that actually does (or has done) table work for a living and takes the time to help others here as opposed to someone that just happened to drop in and blow some smoke. Just so you get it - the head-butting and flaming will continue as long as non-mechanics keep posting trash.

scottp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you in Nashville?

yes i am

I WAS a table mechanic for 11 yrs (i guess i still am just idle at this time)
5 years at the billiard store (worked for Bobby Lawson until he passed)
6 years self employed
I stopped because it just got too hard to make a living.....

I gave Jim bids all the time and i would go back and he would have a couple of players recovering his tables .......
(this was when he had dynamo tables and only one diamond)

scott

Dartman

Silver Member
Thanks. I had a store in Clarksville until 2001. When I shut down Bobby bought all of my remaining cue stock (something like 80 cues). Luckily all my tables got sold locally. Was surprised when The BS eventually shut down. Always liked that Diamond they had when you walked in. Any other stores now besides Nashville Billiards or are they history also? I was in town for a Titans game last month and didn't get a chance to drive by.

yes i am

I WAS a table mechanic for 11 yrs (i guess i still am just idle at this time)
5 years at the billiard store (worked for Bobby Lawson until he passed)
6 years self employed
I stopped because it just got too hard to make a living.....

I gave Jim bids all the time and i would go back and he would have a couple of players recovering his tables .......
(this was when he had dynamo tables and only one diamond)

scott

scottp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
all we have is nashville billiards and the chain stores(watsons / pool and spa depot etc....) AMF opened a factory store in the old billiard store building but i dont know if its still open or not.....as i havent caught it open yet.......

scott

Hambone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
[

i will be surprised if JOB lets him work on his tables

Jim has always used the cheapest labor he can find........

scott

Jim no longer owns JOB's. I cant remember the new owners name but I believe he is from the Knoxville area.

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
I just watched a program on one of the public TV cable channels that said that Jesus, while called a carpenter in the bible was more of a stone mason then a wood worker. It's a matter of the interpretation of the word "carpenter". When the bible was written, it meant "craftsmen" or "skilled workman" and wasn't really limited to woodworking as the term is used today. During the times that Jesus walked the earth the primary building material was rock. It wasn't until much later that wood became used widely for other than burning. It's amazing what you can learn watching TV! lol

zymmer4

Mr.G
I just watched a program on one of the public TV cable channels that said that Jesus, while called a carpenter in the bible was more of a stone mason then a wood worker. It's a matter of the interpretation of the word "carpenter". When the bible was written, it meant "craftsmen" or "skilled workman" and wasn't really limited to woodworking as the term is used today. During the times that Jesus walked the earth the primary building material was rock. It wasn't until much later that wood became used widely for other than burning. It's amazing what you can learn watching TV! lol

+1 I was about to write the response that you just did..good call.