»»»»»»»} Old Schon {««««««

cuetify

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Old Schon

This is an older used Schon cue with dark stained.
Cue come with one shaft with logo imprint on black collar. It would needs refinished to look pretty again
Unknown model! I had spent many hours searching for the model in Google but no luck. If anyone knew the model of this cue please let me know, thanks. Cue is still straight together and apart
Sale price $450 firm
A nice solid Schon cue from 1993 believed to be model st 13. Last chance to buy this cue.

Thanks for looking,

Last edited:

Thomas McKane

Lifelong student of one p
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
This is an older used Schon cue with dark stained.
Cue come with one shaft with logo imprint on black collar. It would needs refinished to look pretty again
Unknown model! I had spent time many hours searching for the model in Google but no luck. If anyone knew the model of this cue please let me know, thanks. Cue is still straight together and apart
Asking price $600

Thanks for looking,

1993 Schon, model might be harder to find without a catalog from that year.

cuetify

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Cuetify

I have realized I posted in the wrong section.
I do appreciated for your help, Thomas. Thanks

Last edited:

nsafellow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
463   0   0
compare your logo to these Schon logos

attachment.php

4cb48d062e783d9eaea3671bf1e18898.jpg

1f177b83463b8c04d2d162d7424622e1.jpg

What you have there appears to be a imitation Schon.
They never had a logo like that the shaft appears to be a real schon but the cue has too many signs of not being a real Schon.
The top logo is from a 1992 Schon and the bottom one is from another period just to show the consistency of the Lettering.
The letters are all wrong and they don't connect like the script Schon uses. Sorry to say I am sure this is an imitation
Good luck

Last edited:

shamadam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
283   0   0
Here are the logo and joint of my 93 Schon. Just for comparison. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• schon joint.JPG
    schon joint.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 3,625
  • schon logo.JPG
    schon logo.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 3,546

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I have a 93/94 Schon with that pin. I contacted Evan Clark once recently to ask about Segen cues and we got to talking about my Schon and I sent him a photo of it. He told me he made my cue and he was the only one at Schon that used that pin. It's kind of a unique feature, why don't you just reach to Evan Clark and ask him, remove any question of authenticity.

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have seen this time from time.

I happen to agree that the sig on that butt appears Suspect....... to be an imitation. The cue is very nice looking though. Maybe just the butt is a bad imitation... replacement butt.

cuetify

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Cuetify

I appreciated your speculations, Brentinps, but make sure you have the evidences to proof it with your cue expertise credentials.

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You are right. I will make sure that I mentions it is my speculation, as I am not a cue builder but have seen this several times before in threads of past and once in person. I will be more cautious in the futureupon amy type of expert opinion.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Notice that the rings on the butt line up perfectly...first time I've seen that, Schon always seemed to go out of their way to NOT line up the rings. :wink: The model doesn't ring a bell for me (I've got a '93 STL17, and that vintage is my favorite of the Schons), but there were a lot of variations back then. Someone put up a catalog of all Schons from R series forward, I'll try and find it...

nsafellow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
463   0   0
I had John at Schon cues take a look at your pictures of your cue.

It is not a Schon butt. He pointed out the differences but stated it is not a Schon cue.

The shaft is the butt is not.

If you want John to verify that to you.

As stated on the Schon website:

IDENTIFY YOUR CUE
To have your cue identified use paypal link. There will be a fee of $20. Once payment is made please send pictures from same email used to make payment.

Good luck with your sale