HBO’s Free-Streaming Bonanza Is Now Live in U.S.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those who may be going stir crazy while under lock down, this may provide you some relief.

There is more in the article than I posted below, so read the link for more information.

I haven't tried it, so if it isn't as advertised, don't shoot the messenger.

Aloha

In edit: I read a couple comments about it only being available on the app on your phone, but I'm not in any mood to research and report. I'll leave that to anybody who feels "techie" and wants to provide the info. You may be able to "mirror" your phone to your TV if you have the right stuff and smarts.

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/hbo-free-streaming-us-launch-1234570139/

HBO made good on its promise, throwing the doors open on a free, live-streaming buffet of some 500 hours of premium content Friday morning.

The free #StayHomeBoxOffice programming — served up without any ads — includes every episode of nine HBO series: “The Sopranos,” “Veep,” “Succession,” “Six Feet Under,” “The Wire,” “Ballers,” “Barry,” “Silicon Valley” and “True Blood.” Also available to watch without an HBO subscription are 20 movies from corporate sibling Warner Bros. and 10 HBO documentaries and docuseries.

As of Friday, April 3, at 8:30 a.m. ET the mobile apps and websites for both standalone streaming service HBO Now (hbonow.com) and HBO Go (hbogo.com) for pay-TV subscribers each display a new row that says, “Stream for Free: No Subscription Required.” Meanwhile, the HBO Now app on Roku did not allow unauthenticated playback of the titles.

Unfortunately for those outside the United States, the basket of free-to-stream HBO content is available only in the U.S. HBO has not said how long it will offer the free content except that it will be for a “limited time.”

Last edited: