Maryland state bar box championship.. nice to see normal

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/VHL1OoQrmrM

So this happened this week end. Some pro’s showed up of course. Most notably Johnny Archer and Brandon Shuff. Johny went for $2400 in the Calcutta and didn’t cash �� In the end a guy local to my area who moved to Maryland Brett Stotelmyer double dipped in the finals and took it down. He’s a hell of a player and it’s not his first state title by any means.
But there is 11 hours from the 2nd day for anyone to watch that’s sitting at home dying for some pool lol I thought the stream was excellent and enjoyed the commentary .
ENJOY! ��

Last edited:

JT4Annapolis

JT in FL now
That was fun to watch for two days unfortunately I could not be there to watch in person but might have been a little crowded anyways.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bicycle me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200728-195511.jpg
    Screenshot_20200728-195511.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 573

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting this, I enjoyed watching a couple matches today. The first match was pretty good, showed a lot of everything.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
those are some purdy diamond boxes, are those even made like that anymore?

super tiny too which i like

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This popped up on my suggested vids so I watched it in it's entirety over the last couple of days. Some extremely nice play throughout.

I don't want to wreck the ending for anyone but, you'll be left scratching your head....

What was wrong with the ending?

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Thats why I didn't go and win it again.

That's why. the only that why I say you.

It was my Anniversary weekend. I would have been there otherwise. Rick and Co put on great events that are run as best as they possibly can be. The hosting location is a very nice barbox poolroom too.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What was wrong with the ending?

Nothing really , it was a battle of the fittest in the end , Brett has won multiple titles , I thought earlier Joe was going to win but as Brett was getting close , I thought it reminded me of when he won the Planet Pool grand finale,, and sent him a message flash back ...which he didn't get ,, and said on the stream he's going to double dip for the win ,,it was just one of those things where the stars aligned and a great win for him ,,
Brett is highly talented and in my opinion a underachiever first time I met him he broke and ran a 4 pack with lights off , he could have won much more if he didn't have a full plate with job and family,
It's truly a feel good story to me and many others I hope he feeds off it

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brett Stottlemyer has always been a beast. I’ve seen this guy run sets on people at weekday tournaments back when they used to have them here Baltimore. 5 packs. He was sponsored by Mike Lambros. Monster player.

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just another guy who couldn’t make it as a pro because there just isn’t enough money.

I played in a tournament with a lot of excellent players and someone said he couldn’t play with his sledge hammer break cue with the break tip on it lol He ran straight through it. We were on tight pocket gold crowns and I saw him shoot a draw shot with that the length of the table with inside right so it would kick left and get perfect shape on a ball that he had super small target area to get on. Lol I remember thinking shit.. I don’t have that shot in my bag With a regular tip let alone a samasara on . 🤣😂

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beware the Stottlehammer.

Just another guy who couldn’t make it as a pro because there just isn’t enough money.

I played in a tournament with a lot of excellent players and someone said to one of them that he couldn’t play with his sledge hammer break cue with the break tip on it lol He ran straight through it. We were on tight pocket gold crowns and I saw him shoot a draw shot with that the length of the table with inside right so it would kick left and get perfect shape on a ball that he had super small target area to get on. Lol I remember thinking shit.. I don’t have that shot in my bag With a regular tip let alone a samasara on . 🤣😂

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brett Stottlemyer has always been a beast. I’ve seen this guy run sets on people at weekday tournaments back when they used to have them here Baltimore. 5 packs. He was sponsored by Mike Lambros. Monster player.

I like that nutball. Good times.

Highly entertaining.