One ball

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know he rules and who made this game up ??? Any videos on the internet ??? Thanks
One ball 1p is a fairly well known version of the game. I've seen it played for silly money before. Game starts with one object-ball froze to center of foot-rail. Very tactical game. Can go real quick or be pretty drawn out. If you foul you have to spot a ball just like regular 1p meaning you now have to make two(or three,four,etc) balls. Not for beginners.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
One ball 1p is a fairly well known version of the game. I've seen it played for silly money before. Game starts with one object-ball froze to center of foot-rail. Very tactical game. Can go real quick or be pretty drawn out. If you foul you have to spot a ball just like regular 1p meaning you now have to make two(or three,four,etc) balls. Not for beginners.

One ball one pocket has been like golf for me....I’ve seen it played many ways.
The biggest money games I’ve seen....object ball freezes on the short rail..middle
Cue ball freezes on the other short rail...middle
You have to break by kicking at it
Any foul is loss of game

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is also "bare ball backpocket 9 ball". Similar. I only played it a couple times 20 years ago so I forgot the nuances of the rules.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought I heard that Pete Fusco invented both games? IDK, maybe it was just Philly lure. He has got to the authority on the rules and strategy for both games, I would imagine.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I thought I heard that Pete Fusco invented both games? IDK, maybe it was just Philly lure. He has got to the authority on the rules and strategy for both games, I would imagine.

More likely it was Jimmy Fusco, who some feel was the best ever at the back pocket games.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Those rules differ.

You can see it played where a foul is a loss of game or BIH which is basically the same thing.

Robert.Beak

Registered
Does anyone know he rules and who made this game up ??? Any videos on the internet ??? Thanks

One Pocket is a unique game in which only two out of six pockets are used as a sighting. Any of the targeting balls can be played without any order. In this case, it is only necessary that any aiming ball falls into "its" pocket. This requires the player to be able to execute a variety of strikes, control of the cue ball, brickwork, patience, and a competent defensive strategy.

1. Players
Two players or two teams.
2. Balls used
A standard set of balls numbered 1 to 15 and the cue ball.
3. Placement of balls
The balls are arranged in a standard triangular pyramid in random order.
4. Purpose of the game
Put eight object balls into "your" pocket before your opponent does.
5. Pockets selection
Immediately before breaking the pyramid, the player starting the game must choose one of the corner pockets at the back of the table as his "own".
6. Scoring
Each ball correctly pocketed counts in favor of the player. Any ball pocketed by the opponent counts in favor of the opponent unless the cue ball has fallen into the pocket. If the rules were violated in any other way, then the ball remains in the pocket and also counts in favor of the opponent. After a foul has been declared, the player's streak ends, and all balls pocketed in his own pocket with a violation are not counted. In addition, the player who broke the rules is penalized with one ball (which is spotted).
7. Breaking the pyramid
The player who breaks the pyramid must
(1) either hit any object ball in your pocket with a correct shot
(2) either after the cue ball comes into contact with the object ball, bring at least one object ball to the side. Failure to comply with these conditions is considered a violation.
Note: When breaking a pyramid, the cue ball does not need to touch the side.

Rules of the game

1. A kick is legal if a player touches any object ball with the cue ball and then (1) pockets any object ball or (2) drives any object ball or cue ball to the side. Failure to comply with these conditions is considered a foul.
2. Each object ball correctly pocketed in "his" pocket gives the player the right to continue the series as long as he manages to pocket balls in his "own" pocket in accordance with the rules. The player can hit any target ball. Any object ball pocketed by a player who is in his own pocket will count, provided that the correct shot requirements are met.
3. Balls falling into one of the four "draw" pockets are considered to be pocketed incorrectly.
4. Balls pocketed by the opponent are counted in favor of the opponent, even if a violation was committed, but the cue-ball did not fall into the pocket and did not jump out of the playing surface of the table. If during the strike there was no violation, and the balls fell into both targeting pockets, then the player's streak continues. In this case, the balls are counted in favor of both players. If a player pocketed an aiming ball, which the opponent lacks to win, into his pocket, then he is declared defeated, unless the cue ball fell into the pocket and jumped overboard.
5. If the player gets the right to hit from the hand from home (for example, when the cue ball falls into the pocket), and all object balls are in the house, then, at the request of the player, the ball nearest to the front line can be spotted on the back mark. In the case when two or more balls are located at the same distance from the house line, the ball with the highest number is placed.
6. Three fouls in a row - a loss in the game.

Incorrectly pocketed balls
All balls pocketed incorrectly are spotted. Special spotting rule: balls pocketed into one of the "draws" pockets are spotted only after the player's streak ends or if there are no target balls left on the table.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have never seen one ball one pocket played with the cue ball frozen to the head rail
I will have to try it

In my pool room
The game starts with the cue ball is ball in hand behind the line and you have to play safe on the object ball which is frozen on the middle diamond of the foot rail