Cue Id

Everglade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DSCF0442_zps9cdf7228.jpg

DSCF0444_zps26664f47.jpg

DSCF0445_zps703731c5.jpg

DSCF0449_zpsab3fa8f8.jpg

Can't find it in the 3rd addition Blue book. Looks like a Adams/Helmstetter. Has a 5/16-18 pin. No logo anywhere. Butt cap may have been replaced.

Not sure

I know McDaniel built 4 point 4 veneer cues with maple block rings just like that. Not sure he inlayed notched diamonds though.

That ring work was used in Mali cues with 5/16-18 piloted steel joints.
Someone should be able to ID it based in the phillips head weight bolt and buttcap.

That is definately something nice, gotta be late 70's.

How does it play?

Everglade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still not identified

The cue hits great. Solid and has a good feel. The veneers are natural, red, green, and black. The black is twice as thick as the other veneers.

Still have no clue as to the maker. It could be a Mali. Someone with the first and second addition of the blue book please look to see if it is in there.

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know McDaniel built 4 point 4 veneer cues with maple block rings just like that. Not sure he inlayed notched diamonds though.

That ring work was used in Mali cues with 5/16-18 piloted steel joints.
Someone should be able to ID it based in the phillips head weight bolt and buttcap.

That is definately something nice, gotta be late 70's.

How does it play?

Bill did do notched diamonds but the Phillips head weight bolt is wrong and the only 5/16x18 pins I know of him using was in some true sneakies he built about 80.