Opinions Wanted On Jump Break Cues

jim_vielee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm the market to buy a new jump break and looking for some opinions and them before I buy. Doesn't matter to me if it's a custom or production so I'm prepared to spend a little. Call me lazy but I prefer the convenience of jump break cues. At this time l'm considering a Mezz Dual Force.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gilbert + Samsara tip. Best combo I've found. They're just a fantastically built cue that is cheaper then they should be for what you get, IMO. With a good break/jump tip like Samsara (though I hear Andy has his own that is good, it wasn't available when I got mine) it's just a fabulous cue. Love breaking with it and jumping with it.

I've had a few dedicated jump cues too, I'll admit my Jacoby was a little better for close jumps using a dart stroke, but even when I carried that I still preferred my Gilbert for any jump that wasn't super tight.

Last edited:

nicksaint26

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tony Layne

I recently purchased a Tony Layne jump break and could not be happier. Best decision I ever made! Love it and he was great to work with. Highly recommended

HoustonInt

Big John's Cue Repair
Silver Member
Lomax was the easiest jumping cue I've ever used ... until I tried a Purple Heart Hanshew. Effortless jumping with cue ball control.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not to highjack this thread, what is the hardest leather break tip that's available?

JaxRabbit

Registered
Jump Break Cues Information

Of course, everyone has their own opinion.

With that being said... In my collection of cues I have MANY Jump, Break, & Jump/Break cues. Original SledgeHammer from Mike Gulyassy (has the Pat. Pending on the butt). McDermott's version of the SledgeHammer. Several McDermott Jump-Break cues. Predator Break cues. Hard hitting no-name J/Bs. J&J J/B. Lucasi. Jacoby. The list goes on... mostly 'cause I can't remember all I have in my collection.

Out of all I own and all I have used, nothing compares to the new Black McDermott Stinger Jump/Break Cue with the upgraded Samsara Hard Tip.

Yes, I do sell McDermott Cues, but I also sell many other brands. My knowledge and preference says the Stinger is by far the best - at least for me anyway. You should hit with one. I am so confident of this cue, on the ones I have sold, and you too... if you buy it from me and don't like it, you pay the shipping cost involved and I'll refund your purchase price. How much more can I say?

More questions? Call me. (904) 781-4289 Landline (not text).

Rabbit
Danny Rogers

Daryle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm the market to buy a new jump break and looking for some opinions and them before I buy. Doesn't matter to me if it's a custom or production so I'm prepared to spend a little. Call me lazy but I prefer the convenience of jump break cues. At this time l'm considering a Mezz Dual Force.
I'm using the Dual Force (with the Mesh) and it's doing the job very nicely. You won't be disappointed.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not recommending for but, rather, recommending against Poison VX series because I have seen 2 and am aware of a 3rd that shattered apparently due to the very undersized pins.

I haven't followed these for a year or so so it may be that they have corrected this problem on newer models.

GL

best,
brian kc

jim_vielee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are my choices for a jump/break cue: Gilbert, Rick Howard (Mace), Lomax and the Mezz Dual Force. It's tough deciding on one without trying them out first.

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
I've owned Mezz, Pechauer, Stinger, McDermott, Players, Fury,Hammer and can't even remember what else....
I now have an Action, Black Jump/Break for $106.00 and the best one I have ever owned.
Breaks like a tank and is the best jumping cue I've ever used ...Only the Lucasi Jump only cue can jump as good....
This is my opinion but everyone I let borrow it for a jump is amazed....And strong breaker...
Works for me anyway.......

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I've owned a few different ones. Best one was a varney, the death threat cue, but I sold it. Currently have a cheap j/j that I changed out the tip to a white diamond. Breaks good, jumps good, and don't have much in it.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I'm thinking a dedicated break and a dedicated jump cue would be a better option.

It is a better option for sure. I have both, and can jump with either of them. The stand alone jump cue is better for short jumps, the jump break is better for long jumps where I can use a full cue. Rarely take it apart since I"d rather use a stand alone jump cue for close jumps.

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good choice, can't go wrong with dual force. Am using one and loving it. Sold my jump cue since.