The official sbx what did you buy thread.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Anyone buy anything from the manningcues booth?
He had a 10' diamond pro-am set up, wish I had made the trip I would have loved playing a couple games on that table

jim_vielee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was there Saturday looking to pickup a Guerra cue but couldn't find any. They must be hot right now.

donuteric

always a newbie
Silver Member
Anyone buy anything from the manningcues booth?
He had a 10' diamond pro-am set up, wish I had made the trip I would have loved playing a couple games on that table

Many dropped by and I think most of the diamonds at the expo were bought. It looked like he sold plenty of those t-shirts too.

I partnered with Heath for some scotch double 8-ball on the big foot. Love how it played. Must be great for American rotation. Pretty expensive though at $10k each.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I bought an Icebreaker 2 break / jump, and a Mezz Exceed custom ebony with 6 burl points, then had Tiger put a nice stacked leather wrap on it...

oYsBd5U.jpg

fhIK6bE.jpg

2myRdYi.jpg

Very Nice. Mezz makes a great product !!

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Many dropped by and I think most of the diamonds at the expo were bought. It looked like he sold plenty of those t-shirts too.

I partner with Heath for some scotch double 8-ball on the big foot. Love how it played. Must be great for American rotation. Pretty expensive though at $10k each.

Heath is a great guy and if you player doubles with him you'd have noticed he can play some decent pool too! His business has grown so much since he started, I remember him launching his website and doing tips for the local players years ago and I seen the way he treated customers and knew he would be a mainstay in the industry.
I've had the pleasure of playing at his home room many times, he lives about 45 mins from me and I wish I had more free time to visit him more often.

If I had the space for a diamond 10' table I wouldn't hesitate putting one in my basement. 10k is pretty steep but it would be my first choice of space wasn't an issue.

Nice to hear you spent some time hanging out, I'm going to make the trip next year and hopefully spend some time at his booth.

donuteric

always a newbie
Silver Member
Heath is a great guy and if you player doubles with him you'd have noticed he can play some decent pool too! His business has grown so much since he started, I remember him launching his website and doing tips for the local players years ago and I seen the way he treated customers and knew he would be a mainstay in the industry.
I've had the pleasure of playing at his home room many times, he lives about 45 mins from me and I wish I had more free time to visit him more often.

If I had the space for a diamond 10' table I wouldn't hesitate putting one in my basement. 10k is pretty steep but it would be my first choice of space wasn't an issue.

Nice to hear you spent some time hanging out, I'm going to make the trip next year and hopefully spend some time at his booth.

It was fun as he walked around with his 7-foot Longoni with the extension. The only reason he wanted me as a partner was that he had someone chalked for him. :grin:

Good time.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
It was fun as he walked around with his 7-foot Longoni with the extension. The only reason he wanted me as a partner was that he had someone chalked for him. :grin:

Good time.

Haha. He would definitely need your help with that, he's about 5 feet tall with heels on.

4rails88

Registered
Dunkel

Finally got my hands on a Dunkel Custom. 4 point bacote on bacote with a smooth leather wrap. It's been playing like a dream.

Also picked up a new q-wiz and some blue diamond. Any time you leave with a new cue, it's a good show.

Attachments

• 20170403_164214.jpg
    20170403_164214.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 282
  • 20170403_164153.jpg
    20170403_164153.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 283
  • 20170403_164202.jpg
    20170403_164202.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 283

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Some Centennials balls from a dude selling them in the pit at a great price.

I ordered a JB 2x4 Butterfly case with backpack straps on the last day. Should be here in about a month.

Wasnt really in the market for anything this year before going. Decided on the case at the end of Thursday because my shoulder was hurting, they just didnt have the configuration I wanted at the show. Will have it for next year.

peterskw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a beautiful embossed alligator 1x2 case from the Whittens--great people!!!

KP

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jesus I forgot I also bought a fury jump cue hahahaha. It jumps hands down better then my predator air 2 and at 60 bucks it was a bargain!!!

MikeF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought a Tim Scruggs titlist from Jack Justis which he and Tim traded 15 years ago. I also traded my Tascarella / Brazilian rosewood with radial pin + $ for a New Tacarella 4 red cocobola points w/hoppe ring / 2 shafts.
:smile: Im a happy camper! :smile:

We need pics of this Scruggs...

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wasn't there in person but took advantage of a sbx special on a pair of billiard glasses by Bill Curran.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
During The Weekend But Not at SBE

Not exactly AT the Expo but on a side-trip to New Jersey on Saturday morning before thte Expo.

I bought a few O'Neil dealer cases.

Attachments

• O'Neil SBE 2017 IMG_5322.jpg
    O'Neil SBE 2017 IMG_5322.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice DCC

Finally got my hands on a Dunkel Custom. 4 point bacote on bacote with a smooth leather wrap. It's been playing like a dream.

Also picked up a new q-wiz and some blue diamond. Any time you leave with a new cue, it's a good show.

Great veneer combo on this cue. Steve is a great guy and you will definetly enjoy the cue

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member

Steve made some beauties for the show. He sold 16 of his 17 cues & all 16 of the jumpers he made. Can't believe the 17th cue didn't sell as it was a beautiful Brazilian rosewood with slotted diamonds. He is a great guy & friend & I'm happy to see him do well every year there. Now that the show is over he can finish my order lol

RakRunr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
- Steve Lomax jump cue
- Padded case for air travel
- Had a Samsara break tip put on my break stick
- Dropped off my Scruggs for Frey to refinish and rewrap

Not bad for a 3 hour tour (+ 10 hours of driving!)

Last edited: