Hanbat cues

TheRanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,

I bought a job-lot of cues and in amongst them I have 2 Hanbat cues. A bit of Googling suggests these may be 3-cushions\carom cues?

They look fairly old, but could just be well used. I'll post some pics later, but just wanted to know if there was much of a market for these cues?

Thanks.

dug1903

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a few Hanbats. I think they play well. These's a market for them. Would love to see them.

TheRanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a few Hanbats. I think they play well. These's a market for them. Would love to see them.
Sorry for the late reply.

Please see attached.
7741b283968e62875a9738c62544faca.jpg
abb79d5da4fb34566fa8c7284670d474.jpg
d93ba20df9d60261a202334e5dbf0dc7.jpg
d25b1d0731a166c41cad22625896002e.jpg
7f1fa13544e08b0489f9961b5dd58cc8.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is hard to tell in the pictures, but those look like solid shafts rather than the plus-5 laminated shafts they currently use in everything but their entry level cues. If that's the case I'd have to guess they are older cues, as a search for Hanbat Dorosi came up empty.

TheRanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah I can't find any results for Dorosi either. Strange.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My limited experience with Hanbat cues is that even their cheapest house cues are really solid.

As far as a market?? In the US there's very little market for the game itself. I doubt if there's 100K people that play even once a year. Of that market a large % just play with their pool cue. Most of them have no idea there's a difference between a pool cue and carom. or Snooker for that matter. or Pyramid or .......

Demand for Carom anything is not .... I can't find the words.

We're unusual beings. Hows that? And I already own my player, and others from the last 40 some years. I wouldn't mind a Hanbat on my rack but I'd have to remove some personal history first. That would be a little hard.

Last edited:

TheRanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My limited experience with Hanbat cues is that even their cheapest house cues are really solid.

As far as a market?? In the US there's very little market for the game itself. I doubt if there's 100K people that play even once a year. Of that market a large % just play with their pool cue. Most of them have no idea there's a difference between a pool cue and carom. or Snooker for that matter. or Pyramid or .......

Demand for Carom anything is not .... I can't find the words.

We're unusual beings. Hows that? And I already own my player, and others from the last 40 some years. I wouldn't mind a Hanbat on my rack but I'd have to remove some personal history first. That would be a little hard.
I'm not looking to sell these in particular. They can sit with the others I've got lying around.

If you have something in your rack that you think is worthy of swapping for one of the Hanbats, let me know

yesyura

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bottom two cues are club cues, meaning house cues. Used to be about $25 in Korea.
Top one, I cannot figure out. Maybe not Hanbat. I am afraid to say, but never seen .
That’s all I can say.