AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old
  (#16)
rackem
SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
rackem has a reputation beyond reputerackem has a reputation beyond reputerackem has a reputation beyond reputerackem has a reputation beyond reputerackem has a reputation beyond reputerackem has a reputation beyond reputerackem has a reputation beyond reputerackem has a reputation beyond reputerackem has a reputation beyond reputerackem has a reputation beyond reputerackem has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

08-23-2006, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limen
We have been pulling for you. I hope you find something. I have enjoyed
your website and watching table 5!
I would like to know what is in the bottle that you spray on the tables
when cleaning them, it appears to be blue.
Thank you.
Can I get a link to the website you reference?

Keeping a room
Old
  (#17)
Padron
Pool room owner
Padron is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Keeping a room - 08-23-2006, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highrun55
Great idea, hope I can learn some new stuff and help to with 13 years experience. I just need to keep my room. only have a month left on my lease and cant find suitable, affordable space.

the houseman/owner at d&d family billiards
Best of luck in your hunt. I can somewhat empathise here. My landlord filed Chapter a couple months ago, and the bank might take over. We're the big tenant in a building that's split into several other businesses, so we're hoping to be able to work it out. Only been in business about one year, with no where else to move it to. Pulling for you.

-Dan-
www.greatlakesbilliards.com

Good luck
Old
  (#18)
cueandcushion
Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
cueandcushion has a reputation beyond reputecueandcushion has a reputation beyond reputecueandcushion has a reputation beyond reputecueandcushion has a reputation beyond reputecueandcushion has a reputation beyond reputecueandcushion has a reputation beyond reputecueandcushion has a reputation beyond reputecueandcushion has a reputation beyond reputecueandcushion has a reputation beyond reputecueandcushion has a reputation beyond reputecueandcushion has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to cueandcushion  
Good luck - 08-23-2006, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Great idea, hope I can learn some new stuff and help to with 13 years experience. I just need to keep my room. only have a month left on my lease and cant find suitable, affordable space.

the houseman/owner at d&d family billiards
I know here in St. Louis rental rates are really going up quickly. A local pool hall "Chesterfield Billiards" was rumored to have closed due to rates going up to $20,000+ per month. Hard to pay rent at $4.00/hr playing pool with that kind of overhead. Another friend of mine is opening a place and he will be paying big dollars too. I dont know how people can make it. I know that if our building was not paid off I would have shut down our billiard parlor years ago. Sad sign of the times.

Craig - Saint Louis MO - Cue & Cushion Billiards -

Now celebrating our 50th year in business! Remember, you can help your local room survive or post about it later that it went under.

Since 1966- Family owned and family friendly

Old
  (#19)
highrun55
can`t make a ball anymore
highrun55 has a reputation beyond reputehighrun55 has a reputation beyond reputehighrun55 has a reputation beyond reputehighrun55 has a reputation beyond reputehighrun55 has a reputation beyond reputehighrun55 has a reputation beyond reputehighrun55 has a reputation beyond reputehighrun55 has a reputation beyond reputehighrun55 has a reputation beyond reputehighrun55 has a reputation beyond reputehighrun55 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 50

Wink Can I get a link to the website you reference? - 08-23-2006, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackem

www.thebilliardstour.com/

enjoy

Straight Pool "the Breakfast of Champions"

lost lease
Old
  (#20)
highrun55
highrun55 has a reputation beyond reputehighrun55 has a reputation beyond reputehighrun55 has a reputation beyond reputehighrun55 has a reputation beyond reputehighrun55 has a reputation beyond reputehighrun55 has a reputation beyond reputehighrun55 has a reputation beyond reputehighrun55 has a reputation beyond reputehighrun55 has a reputation beyond reputehighrun55 has a reputation beyond reputehighrun55 has a reputation beyond repute

Red face lost lease - 08-23-2006, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Yes I have checked evertyhing in my area for 20 miles away, all of them 2, 3, and 4 times the rent I pay.

Guess i`ll have to get a real job, LOL

Thanks

Still waiting on a couple of call backs about spots, only have about 25 days left and then there will be an auction on sept 19th.

thanks for all the concern from you folks.

the houseman

spray on the tables
Old
  (#21)
highrun55

Exclamation spray on the tables - 08-23-2006, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limen
We have been pulling for you. I hope you find something. I have enjoyed
your website and watching table 5!
I would like to know what is in the bottle that you spray on the tables
when cleaning them, it appears to be blue.
Thank you.

That is a professional secret. !!!!!!

No I used the Chalk off stuff before, worked good but to expensive to use regularly. It smells just like the foam window cleaner you used to be able to buy, so I just mix Windex with water and it works great.
Caution: use at your own risk, don`t hold me responsible for any problem you might have, this is just what I do. I mostly just vacuum them regularly.
Just don`t over due it. And dry the cloth with a lint free rag afterwards.

the houseman

Last edited by highrun55; 08-23-2006 at 05:44 PM.

Old
  (#22)
thebigdog
AzB Silver Member
thebigdog has a reputation beyond reputethebigdog has a reputation beyond reputethebigdog has a reputation beyond reputethebigdog has a reputation beyond reputethebigdog has a reputation beyond reputethebigdog has a reputation beyond reputethebigdog has a reputation beyond reputethebigdog has a reputation beyond reputethebigdog has a reputation beyond reputethebigdog has a reputation beyond reputethebigdog has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-03-2006, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHousePro
Received a great suggestion to create an area where room owners can discuss business amongst themselves.

Please refrain from posting in this area if you are not a room owner or at least a manager. If we have problems with non-room owners posting here, then we will have to limit access to this area.

Mike
Why would you make that kind of exception? I grew up in my parents pool hall, my uncle had one, and my grandpa had one. I used to run my parents room for 3 years. I think I know a little about this, but if I am not welcome here than I guess I can't contribute. I do plan on owning my own room one day as well.

Managers
Old
  (#23)
highrun55

Thumbs up Managers - 09-05-2006, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigdog
Why would you make that kind of exception? I grew up in my parents pool hall, my uncle had one, and my grandpa had one. I used to run my parents room for 3 years. I think I know a little about this, but if I am not welcome here than I guess I can't contribute. I do plan on owning my own room one day as well.
Personally I welcome any input you might have, its in your blood and experience counts. JMOP.

the houseman

Realtor
Old
  (#24)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member
Island Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond repute

Realtor - 09-06-2006, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Yes I have checked evertyhing in my area for 20 miles away, all of them 2, 3, and 4 times the rent I pay.

Guess i`ll have to get a real job, LOL

Thanks
My suggestion, find a Realtor that OWNS a shopping center in your area thats been vacant for too long, work with him from that angle, you might be surprised at your possibilities plus you could work out rent based on performance numbers that way you pay little when you make little and more when you get it going. I forget his name, but a player from Chicago opened up his first room in this manner and then a second one. Hope this helps

Realtor
Old
  (#25)
highrun55

Red face Realtor - 09-06-2006, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive
My suggestion, find a Realtor that OWNS a shopping center in your area thats been vacant for too long, work with him from that angle, you might be surprised at your possibilities plus you could work out rent based on performance numbers that way you pay little when you make little and more when you get it going. I forget his name, but a player from Chicago opened up his first room in this manner and then a second one. Hope this helps

Thanks, but I have even tried that angle too.
These suckers wont come down in price or work with you in any way around here, seems to me they write this off at tax time and probably make out better ?
13 days left until the auction, waiting on an ok from a township 2 miles west of me, should know this week I hope.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: