Post your fargorate;

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In that case, tell Oscar for me that I have no Fargo. Should help out my handicap in the Mezz events. ;)

Oh but you're so close (190 games). And your performance is running 60+ points high to get that 6-designation ;-)

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
not joey

So, I take it you're Joey Gray?

Demetrius here. Oh, I climbed a point! I know I didn't compete in any tournaments this week so someone I scored well against must have had a good weekend! Gotta root for your fallen opponents! :)

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When a player has zero games in the system and they play in an event that gets reported how long does it take for that data to show up?

johnmcook

Fargo Rating

539 with 197 Robustness but have won against 630 and 622 and Hill/Hill against 712. Just don't play enough to become consistent.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When a player has zero games in the system and they play in an event that gets reported how long does it take for that data to show up?

If games are going in through LMS --now the majority of games going in-- it is next day from when they are entered.

Tournaments it often within one to two weeks and occasionally two to three weeks. If it is not in after three weeks, there is a decent chance there is a disconnect and we don't have it.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
633 with just 300 game robustness. I always give it my best, win or lose. YMMV.

][cee

Registered
Robustness rating 47
Starter Rating 550 (based on APA 8ball SL 7)
Fargo 537
B&R 5% which fits on Mike’s chart for 537:cool:

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
People are funny when it comes to their ratings. It seems that many people think they are as good as their best matches. In my area (Arizona), Fargo is practically a religion! Every tournament is based on Fargo. Handicapped using their charts and capped at various ratings (550 and below, 600 and under, etc.). The funny thing is that almost everyone I have talked to about ratings has either implied or flat out stated that their rating is low. Some people with over 2,000 robustness, plays three tournaments per week, and still laughs that their Fargo is about 75 points lower than it should be! One guy rated at about 620 gets a couple of beers in him and says stuff like “don’t tell on me, but I should be about a 680.” Then you see him on the stream table dogging his brains out. But the best is when someone around 525 says stuff like, I actually play at about 537 speed. Is there a noticeable difference??

Why do people feel a need to let other people know they think they’re underrated. Self conscious maybe?

I’m probably close to 100 points too low. Maybe 70-80 to be conservative. But definitely not right. When I put in my Fargo with people I play even against to find the right game, it’s a lock game for me. I don’t mind :)

I’m not saying I’m good but 484 isn’t right.

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m probably close to 100 points too low. Maybe 70-80 to be conservative. But definitely not right. When I put in my Fargo with people I play even against to find the right game, it’s a lock game for me. I don’t mind :)

I’m not saying I’m good but 484 isn’t right.

You don’t really even have a rating yet, you’re robustness is way too low.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I asked if I could have a FargoRate that matched my IQ........
....Mike said he didn't deal in single figures.....:mad:

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
539 with 197 Robustness but have won against 630 and 622 and Hill/Hill against 712. Just don't play enough to become consistent.

So then, to me, it's working correctly. You're going hill-hill against those higher players with a spot. That's how it's supposed to work. With no spot do you still think you'd be going hill-hill against them? If yes then you're right, you're probably too low.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I asked if I could have a FargoRate that matched my IQ........
....Mike said he didn't deal in single figures.....:mad:

Your posts come across pretty good, you must be a high functioning idjit! :)

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
You don’t really even have a rating yet, you’re robustness is way too low.

Which is sort of the problem, at least for certain parts of the country. I've played in many tournaments in New York and New Jersey. None of them are reported to Fargo. My robustness comes from just a few things. Like when I jokingly played in the US Open 10 ball, got wasted and didn't make a single ball.

I recently moved to Florida and I believe the tournaments here do report the results to Fargo but it's not nearly as big of a deal as you're saying it is in your area. I wish it was. The only way it can be super accurate on an amateur level is if they get more data. I'd love to know what my true score would be. I would assume it's at least 80 higher than this.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mike said, all that has to be done is to make your game public, in advance
for the whole world to see, witnessing the results.

I'd seen a board here about if you wanted to match up,
Mike, would you enter scores booked on that board in an orderly way prescribed by fargorate?

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
People are funny when it comes to their ratings. It seems that many people think they are as good as their best matches. In my area (Arizona), Fargo is practically a religion! Every tournament is based on Fargo. Handicapped using their charts and capped at various ratings (550 and below, 600 and under, etc.). The funny thing is that almost everyone I have talked to about ratings has either implied or flat out stated that their rating is low. Some people with over 2,000 robustness, plays three tournaments per week, and still laughs that their Fargo is about 75 points lower than it should be! One guy rated at about 620 gets a couple of beers in him and says stuff like “don’t tell on me, but I should be about a 680.” Then you see him on the stream table dogging his brains out. But the best is when someone around 525 says stuff like, I actually play at about 537 speed. Is there a noticeable difference??

Why do people feel a need to let other people know they think they’re underrated. Self conscious maybe?

Yeah, I'd have to agree with this. It's always been like this. The bigger the ego, the more they over rate themselves, lol.

@Mike Page:

For robustness, are the 200 "games", individual racks or individual match wins/losses?

Eric

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
I'm @ an 810 for 90 seconds or so, then dip down to @ 450 for @ 5 minutes or more. Then back up to 810 or so for another 90 seconds. Repeat, ad infinatum.

:D

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scores are not reported or recorded there. Such a wasted opportunity... DCC doesn't seem to have updated any of their systems in at least 8 years.

We still get in the DCC 9-ball matches with a score of 1-0. Essentially we know who won the last game.