King of Carom Cues Passes

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dear Friends

It is with real sadness that I have to share the news of our fellow cuemaker and Hall of Fame Member Dennis Dieckman passing away. He has been such an inspiration to the industry. He kept the art of carom cues and butterfly points going when there was little profit in it. He devoted his life to promoting 3 Cushion Billiards and making cues. Excuse me I mean “Building Cues” as he insisted on calling it. He was hilarious to talk to as he always had that sneaky smile and twisted humor that would keep us all laughing for hours. He will really be missed. He was there from the beginning as an assistant director of the ICA and shared a lot of wisdom with me through the years. He also put his money where his mouth was and made several big contributions to the ICA to help start the cuemakers tournament and rebuild the website.

I will really miss him as I lost a good friend as well as one of my main supporting people for our association.

God Bless and Happy Cue Building!

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dear Friends

It is with real sadness that I have to share the news of our fellow cuemaker and Hall of Fame Member Dennis Dieckman passing away. He has been such an inspiration to the industry. He kept the art of carom cues and butterfly points going when there was little profit in it. He devoted his life to promoting 3 Cushion Billiards and making cues. Excuse me I mean “Building Cues” as he insisted on calling it. He was hilarious to talk to as he always had that sneaky smile and twisted humor that would keep us all laughing for hours. He will really be missed. He was there from the beginning as an assistant director of the ICA and shared a lot of wisdom with me through the years. He also put his money where his mouth was and made several big contributions to the ICA to help start the cuemakers tournament and rebuild the website.

I will really miss him as I lost a good friend as well as one of my main supporting people for our association.

God Bless and Happy Cue Building!

RIP Dennis. My prayers and condolences to his friends, and family.

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very sorry to hear, Dennis was a very colorful character and made many contributions to the industry.

Mario

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
It is sad to hear of Dennis's passing. I learned a lot about cue making thru his never finished tutorial that he had online at one time. His river of wood was what I dreamed I would have some day.... At one point he was looking to have a helper, and I wished I could uproot and be that guy.... but... life said otherwise.
He made some great butterflys
May he rest in peace, and now he can watch all his cues in action, no matter where they are
dave

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Always an absolute hoot to talk to and such a great contributor to the industry.